How Would You Fix Sirius?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Sonichu
Defender
Defender

Re: How Would You Fix Sirius?

Post by Sonichu »

I would leave him be, it made TLW so exciting to see which psychopath (Orion or Sirius) would win in the end. Sirius had a good heart but his idealism became very twisted very fast when tested. Him going against the flow of war but also being as corrupt as his brother (was Monsoon really his friend, or his experiment? His Akakama 2.0? What would Sirius have done if Zion was murdered because Sirius triggered Monsoon's PTSD?) makes him so fascinating to watch.
Sirius is a cautionary tale of what happens when a person is so hellbent on enforcing their ideals that they go blind to the reality around them.
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Strong agree with Wolp.
Sirius's overzealous pacifism is what makes him a rich, fascinating character. Yes, it can be argued that his ideologies are toxic, but I would counter that by debating that multiple things the Ohu army have done are equally, if not more, toxic, just on the other end of the spectrum of extremes.
What makes Sirius my all-time favourite character is that he is a pacifist in a world of Samurai dogs. That in itself makes him such a breath of fresh air and is a subjective flaw that I've always welcomed. :sirius:
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

I think I would like to change the dialogue that goes into the dogs arguing who's right and who's wrong. All we get is 'I can't forgive him' and then Sirius always saying the same answer 'you have to forgive so you won't die'. It's so repetitive that the arguments themselves never feel they are advancing and no one is finding a way to stop the arguing.

Also stop the whole 'you're all wrong and I am right' thing as well. I mean if Sirius wants to get along with everyone, he should stop always blocking out the voices of his friends and family or he will end up with nothing. Which actually happens.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

The only thing I'd change is his hypocritical ways. He's said before he wouldn't forgive Monsoon for killing and eating dogs, but then he says that he does forgive him. He's an interesting character for sure, his way of thinking is actually a breath of fresh air in the sea of blood-thirsty characters, but at the same time it's such a polar opposite it's kinda distracting.
devinitely

Post by devinitely »

honestly? separate him from the ohu army, put him somewhere his talents are put to good use instead of 'fighting' alongside his brother, the kid clearly wasn't meant to be a soldier and he's too stubborn to ever change soooo... leader/negotiator of a pacifist pack. possibly a mentor to puppies, since he clearly has a soft spot for children (he basically adopted chibi)
Troyo7

Post by Troyo7 »

and what Sirius was doing was not bad although it was a bit risky, he wanted to fix things with Moonson without having to fight in a war since what he wanted was for no more of his companions to die, even though it cost him his life, it was a big dog with a heart of gold

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”