Is it worth a read?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
TofuSui

Is it worth a read?

Post by TofuSui »

Ginga Densetsu Noa is the only book I haven't read in the series! I would like your guys' thoughts on if Noa is worth a read? Is it mandatory to read?
Nara
Potential
Potential

Re: Is it worth a read?

Post by Nara »

Honestly it's better to leave it. It feels like strange fan fiction. It's frustrating, confusing, and badly written. Once you've arrived to the most outlandish parts it taints the whole series for you.
Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Adams Angel »

Since you haven't read it, I won't really spoil it for you. What I will say is, I agree with Nara. It's best to just leave it. It is just a big mess and poorly written.
:sparkles: Oh, uh, ugly people? :sparkles:
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

I honestly was wondering about this too. But not just Noah, but pretty much about GDW:O and onward

I stopped partway through the Russian arc bc honestly reading things now is just a bit of a hassle for me, and it's been a while since I read any part of the manga. So I been curious if I should at least get up to a certain part or not
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
Nara
Potential
Potential

Post by Nara »

LIBRAKIND wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:08 pm I honestly was wondering about this too. But not just Noah, but pretty much about GDW:O and onward
To me these latter stories were still enjoyable, but there's a lot of filler and quality drops. The Last Wars had surprisingly exciting scenes and for a while it looked like Takahashi had put a lot of effort in his art, but then parts of it dragged on forever. Overall I'd still recommend it for casual reading. Orion also had issues with dragging and to me it became a bit confusing as it followed too many groups spread across Japan. But still, it's worth reading once. Noah is just bad on pretty much every level, even the art is mediocre at best. There's no joy in reading it.
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

TofuSui wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:03 pm Ginga Densetsu Noa is the only book I haven't read in the series! I would like your guys' thoughts on if Noa is worth a read? Is it mandatory to read?
No, skip it entirely. It's not worth your sanity, believe me. :tfw_aokabuto2:
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

Nara wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:42 pm
LIBRAKIND wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:08 pm I honestly was wondering about this too. But not just Noah, but pretty much about GDW:O and onward
To me these latter stories were still enjoyable, but there's a lot of filler and quality drops. The Last Wars had surprisingly exciting scenes and for a while it looked like Takahashi had put a lot of effort in his art, but then parts of it dragged on forever. Overall I'd still recommend it for casual reading. Orion also had issues with dragging and to me it became a bit confusing as it followed too many groups spread across Japan. But still, it's worth reading once. Noah is just bad on pretty much every level, even the art is mediocre at best. There's no joy in reading it.
I should pick it back up then! At least what I can read of it. I guess I was just weary bc I've seen discussion around the board that kinda made me think it wasn't that great past GDW. :FLY:
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
Berrymutt
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Berrymutt »

To me Noah seems more enjoyable just reading chapter summaries than anything because the receptiveness of the story to then going absolutely bonkers kinda gave me whiplash and sucked all the fun and suspense of what earlier volumes of Ginga brought to me.
Number #1 fan of the Four Heavenly Kings Of Mutsu!
:minazuki: :kisaragi: :hazuki: :uzuki:
:izou: :shusaku: :kogoro: :saburo: :shintaro: :hichinosuke: :shinsaku:
twitter instagram bluesky tumblr
Icon and Signature art by Skinklegs

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”