Your opinions on lassie?

General discussion of all things related to Lassie.
TofuSui

Your opinions on lassie?

Post by TofuSui »

Hello everyone! I see I've made the first Lassie topic XD I'd like to know what you think of Lassie. How do you like it? For me, I love it! Lassie is a beautiful dog :tfw_bella2:
Vicutooru
Potential
Potential

Re: Your opinions on lassie?

Post by Vicutooru »

Definitely a very beautiful dog!
:EMPTY:
skinklegs
Comrade
Comrade

Post by skinklegs »

I haven't read it in a long time but I remember enjoying it! I should give it another look sometime. It was a fun short read.
4townie
Upholder
Upholder

Post by 4townie »

It was a fun read. Yes, I agree Lassie is a beautiful dog. Collies themselves are beautiful dogs :tfw_bella2:
:orion: :gin: :riki: :ben: :monsoon: :bon: :yukimura: :sniper:
CoffieDog
Fighter
Fighter

Post by CoffieDog »

It was a cute little story, although the ending was super abrupt. My main complaint though: Lassie should've been a female 😬 it annoys me Yoshi made it a male. (And yeah I know that the real life Lassie has always been played by male dogs but in the context of the story it's supposed to be a female).
skinklegs
Comrade
Comrade

Post by skinklegs »

CoffieDog wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:39 am My main complaint though: Lassie should've been a female
When I was a kid I managed to read the entire thing without realizing Lassie was supposed to be a male. I still forget somehow; every time it comes up it surprises me just as much as it did when I first learned.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Sure, Takahashi's Lassie is a male. But he has given his male characters female names before. Looking at Bess. xD

But overall, i like this story of Lassie. The story's of German/Roku and Chiyomaru as well. And I like Takahashi mention how Eric Knight, the original author of Lassie, has meant for him.

As someone who grew up with a rough collie as a neighbour, it's my childhood breed, and am happy to own one today. 💚
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Wisp
Potential
Potential

Post by Wisp »

I liked it. I think it's funny how there is German shepherd named German
I don't think author new that Lassie means girl...
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

I actually really like this story, the characters were very entertaining and the story seemed to fit into the other Lassie stories lore (which they are alot of to the point where I think Lassie has a multiverse!)

The only two problems I had was German and Chiyomaru looked way too much like John and Sasuke and making Lassie... a.... boy.
I WILL FOREVER PRETEND SHE IS A GIRL - YOU CAN'T CHANGE MY MIND! :bella4: :bella4: :tfw_orion1:
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!

Return to “Lassie”