Ginga Densetsu: Requiem, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu: Requiem
Berrymutt
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Ginga Densetsu: Requiem, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Berrymutt »

Thanks for another chapter upload & translation!
SPOILER
Number #1 fan of the Four Heavenly Kings Of Mutsu!
:minazuki: :kisaragi: :hazuki: :uzuki:
:izou: :shusaku: :kogoro: :saburo: :shintaro: :hichinosuke: :shinsaku:
twitter instagram bluesky tumblr
Icon and Signature art by Skinklegs
Derry
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Derry »

Thank you vanille and Digsu!

Hmm, not much to say abt this chapter. As expected, there is always a vet nearby when dogs get injured lol. Rocket is cute. I am interested in these new possible-Kamakiris. What is going onnn???
:masamune:
LostChutora

Post by LostChutora »

Weed sure looks dead, although he isn't. Just close to it once again
:chutora: Henlo
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

After methpring pointing out in the discord chat about how Weed has needed human help a total of 6 times to recover, I just wonder if Takahashi is just using him as a punching bag for fun. There's no room in the plot for him and at this point I won't be sad if he dies.
"Aaaand Weed is again out of commission and taken to a vet. Let's count:
in GDW, he got shot, and later almost died after the hybrid bear arc.
In Orion, his leg broke.
In The Last Wars, heavy wounds from a bear.
In Noah, broken ribs.
And now in Requiem, yet to be stated condition.
So this is the 6th time Weed has needed a human help to recover."

:OUT:
4townie
Upholder
Upholder

Post by 4townie »

Arano wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:57 pm After methpring pointing out in the discord chat about how Weed has needed human help a total of 6 times to recover, I just wonder if Takahashi is just using him as a punching bag for fun. There's no room in the plot for him and at this point I won't be sad if he dies.
In Orion, his leg broke.
In Noah, broken ribs.

As I said before, Weed has already served his purpose in the story and literally has had a whole series for himself. There is no reason for him to be in the series. This also goes for the OGs, ones that have been in GNG that are still alive like Cross, Kurotora, Gin, Akame. God, especially Akame.

All the oldies get more screentime than the newer generation. It's seriously dumb :EMPTY:

I also agree that I won't be sad if Weed dies.

:derpgin:
:orion: :gin: :riki: :ben: :monsoon: :bon: :yukimura: :sniper:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Arano wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:57 pm After methpring pointing out in the discord chat about how Weed has needed human help a total of 6 times to recover, I just wonder if Takahashi is just using him as a punching bag for fun. There's no room in the plot for him and at this point I won't be sad if he dies.
In Orion, his leg broke.
In Noah, broken ribs.

My guess is that Yoshi just needs an excuse to keep him from solving everything, because unlike Gin he can't just handwave it as "oh he's so old that he's not super strong anymore". But Weed still has (or at least should have) both his Bearhound Powers and an ungodly charisma stat, so theoretically a lot of problems could be solved with "have Weed throw a Battouga/life-changing speech at the villain" and keeping him benched makes sure somebody else has to deal with said problems. A Drama-Preserving Handicap, if you will.

Granted, the fact that Weed keeps having these major accidents one after the other is kinda funny at this point. Maybe Yoshi should just have given him some sort of permanent injury in, idk, TLW as a way to more believably nerf him.

Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Like I have already said on the Discord, this is exactly why GB gave him that name. No matter how many times Weed gets injured or gets put out of action/commission, he just comes back every single time because he just never gets completely destroyed. :derpgin:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

While it's annoying that Weed is going through deja vu again with the vets, I can't say I'm disappointed - I'd rather he lived than died. I was more annoyed about how it happened as it was just copying Joe.

What Jerome said to Kyoshiro is gold though - you tell him what we are all thinking, that stupid mutt!

Also more Wolfhounds??? I know everyone's pissed but I'm actually looking forward to that! It's good to see focus on other dog breeds that not Kai kens and German Shepherds. He really overdid that in Ginga Orion where whole packs were made up solely of those breeds!
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

https://fusetter.com/tw/90du1xnl#all
Gensen_soul (formerly Ginga_soul) shared their thoughts on Chapter 10.

Two notable things that I caught:
1) Rigel's group encounter the Kamakiri Bros on their way to Hokkaido. What is going on with those three shitty Kamakiri clones, though?

2) Sounds like Izou and his remaining bros also make an appearance, with Izou appearing to acknowledge Orion as a leader.
To those who deny Orion as a leader, you should look away.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

I’m just tired of leadership seemingly being forced onto Orion because he’s said various times he doesn’t want it and doesn’t feel cut out for it :tfw_orion1:

I’ll be pretty annoyed if Yoshi forgot about Orion putting Rigel in charge, but it seems likely he has :EMPTY:
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
vanille
Translator
Translator

Post by vanille »

Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Thank you for the chapter, vanille! :bon1:

Initial reaction:
Who the hell is that on the chapter cover?

Oh God, those Kamakiri Bastard clones look ugly! Why does the white one look like he got bitten on the face?! While the other two have scars from some sort of bear?! Most importantly, why did there have to be even more of them?! :OUT:

Wait a minute...don't tell me they are the ones who caused the bear in Hokkaido to go on a rampage.

Those Bastard clones must really be having a wonderful chat with the Kamakiri Bros. Even through yelling and shit.

The Bros are scared so shitless that they run off to probably(?) do the Bastard clones' bidding. Are they really gonna ruin their own redemptions after everything in GDWO?

Just as Gensen_soul says, there is Rigel's group. What are the Bros playing at now?

And there's Izou and his bros, just as Gensen says. Izou does mention Orion. On another note, there's that same guy on the chapter cover. And he's got pals with him. What is even happening right there?

Rigel's gang made it to the Seiken tunnel, I see. Hoping that they travel safe in there and avoid runaway trains.

Also...still no Orion. :tfw_aokabuto2:

EDIT: Oh wait, now I notice. Vanille, Page 7 is missing.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

vanille wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:54 am Chapter 10~
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Just giving you a notice that Page 7 is not shown on your Drive. Hopefully that will be fixed soon. :bon1:
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

Ooh these guys actually look pretty neat! I like how Yoshi draws Irish wolfhounds so I don't have any complaints about there being more of them, but it's nice they actually look a little different from all the others for once XD

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

New guys with Izō and brothers are also Malamutes. As the other one says they're the same breed, and beside the panel meaning he mean they're also Malamutes. Interesting.

Come on Yoshi, gimme names of the new seemingly important dogs so I can add on the Wiki xD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Here's the translation!
SPOILER

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Thank you Digsu!

I love Ronson already, I'm glad he has a name. I feel bad for not noticing it myself lol

I remember growing up I called my grandma's aunt as aunt myself. As "moster" meaning aunt as in ones mother's sister. But my grandma is my "farmor", father's mother.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

Thanks guys!
I've got a bad feeling about this. I feel like Yoshi is gonna pull a Russian arc on us and have the elders surrounded and attacked by this new army, I bet a chapter will end with one of the elders getting killed. Man, Orion is gonna be pissed when he hears about what's happening.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Another random thing:
SPOILER

TheGreatRiki
Potential
Potential

Post by TheGreatRiki »