Ginga Densetsu: Requiem, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu: Requiem
Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Re: Ginga Densetsu: Requiem, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Adams Angel »

Quick heads up there is no new chapter this week because of Golden Week in Japan ^^ Chapter next week I believe.
:sparkles: Oh, uh, ugly people? :sparkles:
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Are we totally sure that female is gonna be a love interest - I mean there have other females turn at random in the GDN series and none of them became love interests and also, I have a theory that maybe that new dog's design might change in the next chapter. Remember what happened to Hirota and his oddly changing ears? Maybe that might happen here with her design. It has to if Yoshi gonna try and bring back Koyuki.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Adams Angel »

Gingaddict wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:31 pm Are we totally sure that female is gonna be a love interest - I mean there have other females turn at random in the GDN series and none of them became love interests and also, I have a theory that maybe that new dog's design might change in the next chapter. Remember what happened to Hirota and his oddly changing ears? Maybe that might happen here with her design. It has to if Yoshi gonna try and bring back Koyuki.
I don't know but I honestly hope she isn't a love interest. If she is gonna end up being a love interest, then I at least want Yoshi to make some changes to Rei's design and NOT have her be a pure white dog.
Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Adams Angel »

Has Bella or Koyuki even got a mention yet? :THOT:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

4townie wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:13 pm Has Bella or Koyuki even got a mention yet? :THOT:
In chapter 8, Akame said that Orion was supposed to go to Iga to see the two of them.

Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Adams Angel »

Digsu wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:32 pm
4townie wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:13 pm Has Bella or Koyuki even got a mention yet? :THOT:
In chapter 8, Akame said that Orion was supposed to go to Iga to see the two of them.
Ah. Well in that case, Orion's probably just gonna be distracted again :EMPTY:
Justarandomfan1
Potential
Potential

Post by Justarandomfan1 »

4townie wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:32 pm
Digsu wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:32 pm
Ah. Well in that case, Orion's probably just gonna be distracted again :EMPTY:
He'll probs be distracted by either the beehive of Kamakiris including their bee queen, or maybe something else idk
:bearchibi: :mole: :gdwcross: :bella: :harpoonbear: :teru: :batto: :minnie: :moss: :chibi: :bob: :kevin: :rigel: :lenny: :bon: :unsai: :zion:
LostChutora

Post by LostChutora »

The mention of Rei being "beautiful" already gave me the vibes that she'll be paired up with someone...
:chutora: Henlo
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Chapter 15 is coming up this week. We shall see what happens next with this Rei girl.
LostChutora wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:43 pm The mention of Rei being "beautiful" already gave me the vibes that she'll be paired up with someone...
The way I'm seeing it, Rigel is likely the one. Rigel is about to become the next bearhound in falling in love with yet another pure white female dog, isn't he? :jeromeder:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

I find it ironic her name is Rei and we have a Reika. Still though, not same kanji for them.
Rei has 玲 for sound of jewels; tinkling (jewels, metal, etc.), and Reika has 麗華 for Lovely Petal; Beautiful Flower.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Tora wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:06 pm Rei has 玲 for sound of jewels; tinkling (jewels, metal, etc.), and Reika has 麗華 for Lovely Petal; Beautiful Flower.
A name meaning jewels/metal would be really cool to pair with a silvery-white dog like Noah, if only Yoshi would consider making more unique female character designs anymore :tfw_orion1:
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Uru
Friend
Friend

Post by Uru »

Plot twist: The female character is adult Bella. (She was kidnapped and as she got bit older, she lost her stripes.)

That would be the worst case scenario, I think. But I think she also could be Koyuki. Koyuki was previously a pet dog and also Bella got ride from humans when she returned to Ou. I would honestly prefer if she was Koyuki as we already have so many white female characters... This would also be good moment for Orion to return and it would make sense if he would be with her mother and sister. It would make sense that Rigel and Koyuki would not regognice each other instantly as they have been separated over a year now.

I think she will have larger role as she was introduced like this. If you compare this to female dog + pup that Rocket asked for directions few chapters ago, she has been given already larger role.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

It seems that instead of the usual back cover images, GDReq volumes are going to have small bios for various characters from the series.

(image taken from here)
John
[German shepherd]

He originally belonged to Dr. Hidetoshi of the Sekiguchi Clinic, but he joined the Ohu Army in their efforts to take down Akakabuto. Afterwards, he served as Gin's close aide for many years.

Thanks to their cowardly tactics, Hougen's army managed to badly injure him, and in the end, he died a glorious martyr's death at the hands of Hougen himself.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:54 am It seems that instead of the usual back cover images, GDReq volumes are going to have small bios for various characters from the series.

(image taken from here)
John
[German shepherd]

He originally belonged to Dr. Hidetoshi of the Sekiguchi Clinic, but he joined the Ohu Army in their efforts to take down Akakabuto. Afterwards, he served as Gin's close aide for many years.

Thanks to their cowardly tactics, Hougen's army managed to badly injure him, and in the end, he died a glorious martyr's death at the hands of Hougen himself.
I'm gonna love this take of characters 🤩

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
LostChutora

Post by LostChutora »

John my beloved :tfw_orion1: :sasukehearts:
:chutora: Henlo
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Now I’m just curious who’s on the spine! X’D
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Tsukitora wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:23 pm Now I’m just curious who’s on the spine! X’D
Here you go! :bon1:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Gensen_soul shared info on Chapter 15.
SPOILER
More humans are now involved? Oh boy, I can't wait to see this.
SPOILER
Even Gensen is worried that Rigel will be the next Bearhound victim to fall in love with yet another pure white dog.
SPOILER
No offense, Izou. But you're gonna need more reinforcements than that.
SPOILER
Looks like there is more comedy between Sasuke and Kotetsu. But come on, Gensen. Sasuke is a lovable Shiba Inu. :tfw_orion1:
SPOILER
You should know what I have been saying this whole time, Gensen. This is exactly why GB gave him that name. :derpgin:
SPOILER
Oh My God, Gensen hates the Kamakiri Bastard clones, too! :surprisegin:
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Spirit Tree wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:11 pm
Tsukitora wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:23 pm Now I’m just curious who’s on the spine! X’D
Here you go! :bon1:
I see they fixed the rendering in Kamakiri's open mouth ^^

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
vanille
Translator
Translator

Post by vanille »

Return to “Ginga Densetsu: Requiem”