distressing moments in ginga

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
dolan
Potential
Potential

distressing moments in ginga

Post by dolan »

as someone who consumes a lot of dark and gorey media, few things have shaken me to my core.
...but ginga somehow has done it several times to me

what moments deeply affected you? for me, it's

GDW SPOILERS
- the mass killing of hakuro and his family
- the mass suicide at the edge of the cliff
- the death of aram and viktor
- the scene where the dogs swim back to russia and lie about the conditions of japan

GDW:O SPOILERS
- the scene where rigel and kotetsu come across the mother who attempts to nurse dead puppies
- masamune's suicide

TLW SPOILERS
- the scene of buru, dodo, and shouji's decomposing bodies

i havent finished TLW or GDN yet, but i will update this post with more moments when i do
LAWRENCE or DOLAN | IT/IT'S
AUTISTIC HOBBYIST ARTIST. RIGEL'S BIGGEST FAN [SELF PROCLAIMED]
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Re: distressing moments in ginga

Post by Dragon »

Growing up with Higurashi, Happy Tree Friends and stuff definitely just made Ginga right in home with all its gore :tfw_rigel1:

I'd say the geniune scene that disturbed me was in the GNG anime, when the scared Iga Ninja was pressured to lead the Koga chasing him into the spiked pit. I hate sharp impelling deaths 😬 so that was like O`__O to see. Plus the flow of that scene was so confusing to me too at the time so it added to the bizareness.

Reading... how far GDN went to absolute garbage fire was also quite distressing too! :tfw_bella1: I cant believe the jokes and plot points Yoshi pulled in that.

ImageImage
dolan
Potential
Potential

Post by dolan »

Dragon wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:02 pm I'd say the geniune scene that disturbed me was in the GNG anime, when the scared Iga Ninja was pressured to lead the Koga chasing him into the spiked pit. I hate sharp impelling deaths 😬 so that was like O`__O to see. Plus the flow of that scene was so confusing to me too at the time so it added to the bizareness.
oh i completely forgot to add this to my own post!! the death of hayato really shook me...
LAWRENCE or DOLAN | IT/IT'S
AUTISTIC HOBBYIST ARTIST. RIGEL'S BIGGEST FAN [SELF PROCLAIMED]
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
4townie
Adviser
Adviser

Post by 4townie »

I believe this is similar to my topic here! :bon1: But, I think the death of John is disturbing for me. Since Gohei is my favorite character, it is really distressing to see his death :(

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”