Demand for this manga is low?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga No Inutachi.
18Gingasoldier
Rookie
Rookie

Demand for this manga is low?

Post by 18Gingasoldier »

I'm retaking Japanese to be able to read in the original Japanese and translate but it surprises me that (personally) I don't see demand for this manga.

I'll look at eBay and Amazon to see if I can get it or something, and I have an ex-teacher who's half Japanese and could help me translate.

Or is there a secret project going on here on GB? :surprisegin:
Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Re: Demand for this manga is low?

Post by Tikikata »

I was going to say I swear I saw it on Silver Fang Reader, but I guess I was wrong. XD;

If you do go through with a translation, it would be fun to read! I don't own the book myself, so I would be interested!
GingaBoard's Resident Lloyd Fan
:belmond: :kurotora: :lloyd: :hyakkiga: My Twitch || My Twitter :george: :ken: :lydia: :unsai:

18Gingasoldier
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 18Gingasoldier »

Tikikata wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:19 am I was going to say I swear I saw it on Silver Fang Reader, but I guess I was wrong. XD;

If you do go through with a translation, it would be fun to read! I don't own the book myself, so I would be interested!
I'll have some money to buy some Ginga books! But due to college, I haven't gone and sold the books I don't need anymore X3
It'll also be good practice because I'll try reading them all before going to my half-Japanese ex-teacher to help me translate :KRUMP:
Sonichu
Defender
Defender

Post by Sonichu »

Ginga no Inutachi (first released as Sho to Inu) is not written by Yoshi, but by the same author as FANG (Akira Ito). Perhaps that alone turns readers off? It's a shame since the actual book is one of my favs (art and story, Ito writes more realistically and all stories are quite tragic) and I would LOVE to be able to read.
If anyone can/wants to start a project, I have the book and can do photos or scan.
18Gingasoldier
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 18Gingasoldier »

KremlinJill wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:30 am Ginga no Inutachi (first released as Sho to Inu) is not written by Yoshi, but by the same author as FANG (Akira Ito). Perhaps that alone turns readers off? It's a shame since the actual book is one of my favs (art and story, Ito writes more realistically and all stories are quite tragic) and I would LOVE to be able to read.
If anyone can/wants to start a project, I have the book and can do photos or scan.
I would love to have the scans for it! I'll just have to get in contact with my Japanese ex-teacher :) Or I might hire someone to translate for us.
Sonichu
Defender
Defender

Post by Sonichu »

Are photos ok? Really clear ones. I can send over whatsapp if you use that, or google drive.
18Gingasoldier
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 18Gingasoldier »

KremlinJill wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:44 am Are photos ok? Really clear ones. I can send over whatsapp if you use that, or google drive.
I prefer scans, but I don't mind if the photo quality is just as good ^^, my Google Drive is villarrealmarier@gmail.com
Sonichu
Defender
Defender

Post by Sonichu »

Alright, I tried photographing a few pages and cleaned them up (very basic). Sending them now, bash them if you must-if they are that bad I would like to know ASAP so I can attempt scanning them at a local library ^^'
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

f you would translate, I would definitely read it, I've always been curious about this story (or stories since it's a collection).
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
18Gingasoldier
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 18Gingasoldier »

Gingaddict wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:20 pm f you would translate, I would definitely read it, I've always been curious about this story (or stories since it's a collection).
Hi!
I sort of put it in the back burner, since Google Drive can't find the images, even though I do remember them being on mine...
I think Mako is already translating the series since I created this topic.
Ian
Translator
Translator

Post by Ian »

I actually dropped the series, as I found it to be quite boring, and not really to my liking. I only did the first two stories.
Done.
18Gingasoldier
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 18Gingasoldier »

Mako wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:13 am I actually dropped the series, as I found it to be quite boring, and not really to my liking. I only did the first two stories.
I see, in that case I’ll see if I can get the pages somehow again, and sort out details with a Japanese translator and typewriter, whether here or somewhere else. Thank you for telling me!
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Hi! Did you have any luck with this project? I'd love to have an update on how the translations are going for GNI.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:

Return to “Ginga No Inutachi”