Favorite and Least Favorite GNG Characters

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Favorite and Least Favorite GNG Characters

Post by Gingastar »

A topic to discuss your favorite and least favorite Ginga Nagareboshi Gin characters!

My favorites are:
Benizakura
Moss
Smith
Hakuro
Gin
Cross

Least Favorites:
Unless I'm forgetting someone I can't say I truly "dislike" any GNG character. Not enough to say they're a least favorite anyway.

Feel free to discuss why you think of certain characters are your favorite or least favorite!

Please be sure to remain respectful of others! We all have different favorites and least favorites! :D
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite GNG Characters

Post by Kasi »

Favourites:
Hakuro
Kisaragi
Akame
Many wolves just for their designs.

Dislike:
Sniper
Bemu
Moss
Ben
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Post by Tikikata »

Favorite:
:kurotora: Kurotora
:lloyd: Lloyd
:benizakura: Benizakura
:great: Great
:hyena: Hyena
:riki: Riki
:moss: Moss
:uzuki: Uzuki
:cross: Cross
:smith: Smith
:bemu: Bemu
:bill: Bill
:jaguar: Jaguar
:terry: Terry
:kisaragi: Kisaragi
:hyakkiga: Hyakkiga
:suiga: Suiga
:fuuga: Fuuga
:whitetiger: White Tiger
:thousanddragon: Thousand Dragon

Least Favorite:
:sniper: Sniper
:john: John
:hakuro: Hakuro
:gaia: Gaia
:shuga: Shuuga
Last edited by Tikikata on Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
GingaBoard's Resident Lloyd Fan
:belmond: :kurotora: :lloyd: :hyakkiga: My Twitch || My Twitter :george: :ken: :lydia: :unsai:

Rals
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Rals »

Gin is my favourite, my dearest, my son.
Kurojaki
Moss
Benizakura
Pink Dragon my beautiful space bishonen son

as for least favourites the only characters I really took against was Bill because ugh he was so boring.
A red pandolar bear pandolar bearing along

Pfp and sig by Akame <3
Tove
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tove »

Benizakura. No explanations needed really. What a guy, can't help but love him. The relationship he had with his little owner was incredible. I really wish he somehow could have returned home after Akakabuto was defeated.
Kurojaki. Wicked design and loads of character. I would have loved to keep him along to become one of those halfway between good and evil type of characters, but I suppose Tesshin wouldn't be the guy he now is if this'd happened.
Bemu. Another interesting design. I really liked him from the get-go and was a bit disappointing he didn't have much of a role in the manga, he had a lot of potential.
Gohei Takeda. Yes, he's a douche but I love him to death.

I personally found the whole wolf arc a bit dull and wouldn't mind if it magically got erased somehow. The fact that just about any of the wolves could have single handedly taken down Akakabuto with their paws tied behind their back ruined the Battle of Ou a bit for me. So all in all, the hell with the wolves.
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

Favourite:
Gin
Akame
Ben
Smith
Musashi
Moss

In the middle:
Gohei
John
Bill
Kai brothers

Least Favourite:
Hyena
Sniper
Kouga dogs
Bemu
Akakabuto
avatar drawn by my friend YerLakar on twitter
sorry for my infrequent visits! am working on it
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

Favorites:
Kurotora
Kurojaki
Riki
Gin
Akame
Hazuki

Least favorites:
Oliver
Musashi
Wilson
Fuji

Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Marchosias »

Favourites
myself lol
Riki
Gin
Moss
Benizakura
Chibi
Bill
Kurotora

least favourites
Ben
Cross
Musashi
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Favorites:
Ben
Gin
Cross
Smith
Bill
Kurojaki
Akakabuto

Least:
Hyena (mostly comic relief)
Sniper (boring motive)
Daisuke's dad (so spineless)
Akame (congrats you blinded Ben and almost got a pup killed)
icon by azzai
Crystal
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Crystal »

Favorites:
Shiro
John
Akame
Hazuki
Kurotora
Akatora
Hakuro
Riki
Gin

Least favorites:
Ben
Bill
Cross
Hyena
Oliver
Bonisfab
Friend
Friend

Post by Bonisfab »

Favorites:
Smith
John
Chutora
Cross
Chibi
Kisaragi

Least favorites:
Sniper

(Sorry Sniper I just couldn't think of anyone else...)
Image"We are the demon dogs!" Image
Team Sasuke :sasuke:
Blue Horse
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Blue Horse »

Favorites:

John
Gin
Ben
Hakuro
Bill
Smith

Least favorites:

Sniper
Moss
Benikazura
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

Favourites:

Kurojaki - I always adored his design. To me Kurojaki is underpowered in the show/manga, because he's a villain. I mean come on, he was greatly feared, he even beat Akame and then Gin comes and defeats him in like 2 seconds?! Pfff. Also I would love to read a backstory about Kurojaki.

Benizakura - He's just amazing. Strong, wise, calm and loyal soldier to the end.

Least favourites:

Wolves, especially Gaia - I dislike wolf plot, it's pretty unecessary. Wolves are just so random that I don't really care about them and Gaia was the most overpowered and annoying villain ever. Reima is a wolf Akame.

Sniper - He's just so greedy and rude, it makes me wonder why everyone, including Riki, who made him a general, tolerated him all the time.

Akame - I just despise Akame in every series. He's overrated, overpowered and very bland, athough GNG is the series when he's still torelable, unlike the later ones where he still easily overpowers every other dog while other guys at his age (or younger) are demented old farts.
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Dolar
Potential
Potential

Post by Dolar »

My favorite characters from GNG...hmmmm...for sure Riki and Kurojaki. After them Ben, Gin, Moss, Kai brothers, Smith. I think I like them the most. But list of my least favourite characters is short. I hate Sniper and Hyena.
BenioDog

Post by BenioDog »

Favs - Ben, The Kai Brothers, Riki, Gin, Akame, Moss, Benizakura, Musashi.

Least favs - Sniper, Hyena,
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Top Favs:
-John
-Riki
-Ben
-Akatora

Like:
-Moss (I like his softspot for kids despite being this big scary guy)
-Gin (kinda. I hate how OP he is, but I find it cute when he has his friendly moments)
-Red Bull and Mt. Bison (despite being underdeveloped wolves, the bits I saw and read of them gave me lots of ideas for their potential)
-Fuuga (Though I question him leaving his family, his heroic death really makes up for it to me)
-And Jackal is really cute, despite being a random dog XD

Hate:
-Reima and Juga - Just so over the top evil and OP ;; I didn't find it interesting at all. Just irritating, especially since both could only be stopped by Gin in the end
-Daisuke - do I really need to say why LOL;
-Bill and Musashi- While Bill and Mushashi I find terribly boring and forgettable [literally]
Last edited by Dragon on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

ImageImage
Knight
Potential
Potential

Post by Knight »

Favorites: John, Kai brothers, Kisaragi, I actually liked chibi when I watched... for some reason. I can't really explain why.

Least Favorites:
Gin, I hate him. He's my least favorite in this whole series. I hate him with a passion. Every time he was on the screen when I first watched the anime I just couldn't stand him. The gary stu of all garystus. I felt like I was counting the seconds when he was off the screen. Which wasn't often
Akame. Ugh. Every time this guy talks...
I don't really like Cross, Musashi, or Benizakura either. Oh, and Smith but more so in GDW than GNG.
  ─────────── ʏᴀᴋsʜᴀ :john:
//art by Dragon
Densetsu No Kage
Legend
Legend

Post by Densetsu No Kage »

I don't know about "favorite" or "hate", for me it's either, hey that character is pretty neat or meh, that's pretty dumb. Some characters I don't even have any thoughts on! What the heck though, let's see what we got.

Like:

Gin: In all honesty Gin is pretty vanilla. He's the typical hero and doesn't seem to ever falter when it comes to dangerous situations. I actually enjoyed him a lot more when he and Daisuke were just a "boy and his dog"; their relationship is probably one of my favorites in the entire franchise. All that aside he's very duty-driven, like when Ben or anyone else hesitates he comes up with a plan I like that about him; kind of makes him look like a little shit sometimes xD Despite liking him more when he's just a "regular dog", I do enjoy his voice actress Eiko Yamada.

Riki: Hard for me to hate this guy >.< He just kicks so much ass and his voice actor is just so...macho XP If Gin is the typical hero, then Riki is the typical Jesus/God and for good reason. I did appreciate that in GDR we learned that he actually had to grow into the type of dog he is, as apposed to his son, grandson and great-grandson who all just seemed to be born pretty gifted.

Ben: The wise, (old?) mentor of the group. I have a lot of respect for Ben because of all the shit he gets put through. I think he was Yoshihiro's favorite punching bag. The moments he had with Cross were sweet, I wish there were more. Plus how ridiculous but badass was it when he lifted that boulder off his head and was complaining about Gin being noisy? XD

Moss: Yay, big-old, slobbery fatty! I enjoy that once he has became an Ohu soldier he regularly gives other dogs a hard time or goes after them for their jokes; that even carries over into the sequel. Besides having a soft spot for pups and being the Ohu army's tank, I just like having him around. He seems like a good friend and the army's resident "uncle".

Smith: Always cracking jokes, but not someone to slouch around and let his friends do all the work, that's Smith in a nutshell. I'm bummed that he was sidelined with the final battle of Akakabuto and even the Wolf arc, how silly and cool would it be to see Smith learn a battouga and then promptly forget it?

Kurotora: Every show has to have the loveable jackass and chances are I'll probably like em'. While Akatora had that valiant death and...no wait, that's pretty much it, Kurotora definitely got into more trouble and had a lot of great lines. He's always got his hackles raised and it quick to leapt to judgment, but it's always really satisfying when one of his friends gives him a reality check. Plus his battouga is really cool.

Oliver: Despite being such a minor character this guy is such a cutie! Plus he's also a bit on the snarky side. Doesn't let his size trouble him either, wants to be a warrior too :3 Very common of small breeds.

Daisuke: I know a lot of people don't like him, but he's the most likeable human in this franchise for me. He can be an obnoxious kid at some points, but he loves his dog, he really cares for his family and his town and is even pretty good with a bow. Bottom line is, he improves upon himself.

Meh:

John: Oooh look at you, big shot, you brought down a lot of exotic animals because your master has a good rifle. Just never found him that interesting. After he's taken down a peg he's just a typical good soldier.

Sniper: Man, this guy could've been the ultimate, hammy Saturday morning cartoon villain and I guess in some ways he sort of is? Just wish Yoshihiro went further with him. He's a pesky bastard.

Hakuro: What the heck is so gosh darn funny? His Anime introduction is always so bizarre. I'm always like, Image. I do think it was cool of him to hike it all the way from Hokkaido though.

Annnnddd when it comes to every other character here are my thoughts: :derpgin:
Member of the Ginga community since 2008
Astor
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Astor »

Never REALLY had a least fave from GNG that I can think of, but my fave is Kurotora! Closely followed by Akame, Riki and then Uzuki (I just really like Uzuki's design ahah!)
hedona

Post by hedona »

Favorites
- Riki
- Kisaragi
- Gin
- Hakuro
- Kurotora

In the middle
- Cross
- Oliver