Ginga: the First Wars

General discussion related to spin off short stories from the main Ginga series. Current subforums: Ginga Densetsu Riki, Ginga no Inutachi, Ginga Densetsu Anju to Jiromaru and the Gaiden series.
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Tsukitora »

In response to that Mutsu chapter:

I was almost tempted to say maybe this artist should be taking over for Yoshi since he remembers so much more about the whole series but then I noticed Cross and Koyuki.

THEY LOOK SO WEIRD :OUT:

LIKE,

THE EYES.

THEY'RE JUST ?!?

NOPE.
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Tsukitora wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:44 pm In response to that Mutsu chapter:

I was almost tempted to say maybe this artist should be taking over for Yoshi since he remembers so much more about the whole series but then I noticed Cross and Koyuki.

LIKE,

THE EYES.

THEY'RE JUST ?!?

NOPE.
I'm not sure I see any weirdness? They just look like closed eyes to me?
icon by azzai
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Atha wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:13 pm

LIKE,

THE EYES.

THEY'RE JUST ?!?

NOPE.
They seem bigger than how Yoshi draws them, eyelashes look more dense, eyelids seem strangely defined. That’s what bugs me :derpgin:
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Tsukitora wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:20 pm
Atha wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:13 pm

LIKE,

THE EYES.

THEY'RE JUST ?!?

NOPE.
They seem bigger than how Yoshi draws them, eyelashes look more dense, eyelids seem strangely defined. That’s what bugs me :derpgin:
Mmhh, at least it's just that panel.
Let's not forget Bella attempted and manage to hold Orion AND Sirius up...for a few seconds. That's pretty huge for Ginga standards alone XD

ImageImage
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Dragon wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:53 am Let's not forget Bella attempted and manage to hold Orion AND Sirius up...for a few seconds. That's pretty huge for Ginga standards alone XD
I mean, the whole concept of the chapter was Sirius badgering his siblings into becoming a new legendary leader quartet and there doesn't appear to be single joke about "lol not you Bella, girls can't be leaders!" (though I'm not 100% sure about the panel where he's yelling at her while she's getting pinched by a crab - I assume he's telling her she shouldn't show pain but that's just a guess). That by itself is more progressive than most stuff we get in the main Ginga canon.

Ian
Translator
Translator

Post by Ian »

So, First Wars hasn't been listed in the last couple monthly Gorakus. Is it over, or on hiatus, and does this mean a compilation volume will be out soon?
Done.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Mako wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:30 am So, First Wars hasn't been listed in the last couple monthly Gorakus. Is it over, or on hiatus, and does this mean a compilation volume will be out soon?
From what I've seen, chapter 12 of First Wars was in it last month when it was released on the 10th September
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Ian
Translator
Translator

Post by Ian »

Done.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

I noticed in the first picture, there's Gin... who's pretty big and has no scars? Akame, John, Great, ... GB? LOL or default spotted dog, Kurotora, I believe... Akatora? Cause he has two ears.
Just interesting to see their choices of characters to draw.

Their bear style is really cute! D:
The story seems cute LOL dsijiodjsd I loved that they were all jumpscared by each other. I wish I knew what they were doing.

ImageImage
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Oh gosh that was adorable :FLY:

I can barely understand what they're saying but here's what I was able to get:
-the little bear thinks highly of Akakabuto (or Akakabuto-san as he calls him) and heard stories of him from a guy his grandmother knew.
-he wants to be the next Akakabuto and tries to come up with a suitable name for himself. After rejecting Ookabuto ("great helmet"), Onikabuto ("demon helmet") and Akakabuto Ver.2, he settles on Aokabuto ("blue helmet"). He also tends to refer to himself with "boku" but corrects himself to the more masculine "ore". don't laugh he's trying his best.
-the pups are freaking terrified and think it's impossible there'd be a bear in Futago Pass, as Grandpa Gin and company got rid of them all.
-Sirius, of course, just thinks it's looking for food and tells Rigel to find a crab for it. Lil bear thinks it's a trap but goes for it, much to his frustration.
-Sirius decides they're now friends and introduces himself and his siblings to the bear. The bear, of course, doesn't understand a word and proceeds to declare that he's Aokabuto.
-of course the pups don't understand, but Bella decides that since he's "korokoro" (fat) they should call him Koro-chan :surprisegin:
-Koro-chan tries to mime what he wants to do (I don't understand what he's saying but I assume it's got to do with fighting), but the pups think he's saying "I want to be your friend". Group hug ensues.
-Koro-chan decides he's had enough of this foolery and tries to channel Akakabuto to scare the pups. It works!
-...except they were actually scared off by his mom. She's mad at him for being in Futago Pass and is there to take him back to their home forest. Also it turns out his name is Gonta (ゴン太), even though he weakly tries to protest that his name is now Aokabuto. She's not convinced :surprisegin:
-"The road to becoming Akakabuto is a long and rocky one..."

Don't worry Gonta, you'll forever be Aokabuto in our hearts. :P4:

also
RIVER CRAB GET!

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Aokabuto idea is back, haha. That was the idea the publisher had for after the Akakabuto Arc back in the days before it became the Wolf Arc. XD

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Digsu wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:00 am -of course the pups don't understand, but Bella decides that since he's "korokoro" (fat) they should call him Koro-chan :surprisegin:
Thats so great LOOOL

ImageImage
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

This is absolutely adorable
icon by azzai
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

hrrm apparently the bear cub's name isn't Gonta as it turns out it's a generic nickname for mischievous boys, as Google Translate attempts to say here. I suppose we could canonically start calling him Aokabuto but I think Koro-chan is funnier so I'm sticking to it. Fight me.

According to Wikipedia and Weblio "gonta" is apparently mostly used around Kansai... so is it supposed to imply Koro came all the way from Southern Japan to Ohu? That would certainly explain why his mother's so livid :derpgin:

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:45 am Image

hrrm apparently the bear cub's name isn't Gonta as it turns out it's a generic nickname for mischievous boys, as Google Translate attempts to say here. I suppose we could canonically start calling him Aokabuto but I think Koro-chan is funnier so I'm sticking to it. Fight me.

According to Wikipedia and Weblio "gonta" is apparently mostly used around Kansai... so is it supposed to imply Koro came all the way from Southern Japan to Ohu? That would certainly explain why his mother's so livid :derpgin:
Could be the mama bear named this cub Gonta because he's a mischievous boy? Wouldn't surprice me still XD

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Tora wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:38 am Aokabuto idea is back, haha. That was the idea the publisher had for after the Akakabuto Arc back in the days before it became the Wolf Arc. XD
I was about to bring this up too! Takahashi was pressured into continuing the GNG after it had ended, publishers said to make an Aokabuto next, but instead the wolf arc happened. I really like that we now have a canon Aokabuto XD

But I agree, Koro-chan is better :EXCITE:

Edit: Couldn't resist making an avatar out of him.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Wtf LOL the publishers may have suggested a cool thing here or there but that's probably the worst I've heard yet.
THEY KILLED RED. SO NOW ITS TIME TO KILL BLUEEE

ImageImage
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Arano wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:11 pm
Tora wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:38 am Aokabuto idea is back, haha. That was the idea the publisher had for after the Akakabuto Arc back in the days before it became the Wolf Arc. XD
I was about to bring this up too! Takahashi was pressured into continuing the GNG after it had ended, publishers said to make an Aokabuto next, but instead the wolf arc happened. I really like that we now have a canon Aokabuto XD

That needs to be a smilie/emotocon. It's too good. XD
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

That avatar is adorable xD

And I agree with Fanta, it should become a smilie xD

There's a lot of expressions in this manga that would make good smilies imo
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

fantachan wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:24 am

That needs to be a smilie/emotocon. It's too good. XD
Hyzenthlay Rose wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:07 am

That avatar is adorable xD

And I agree with Fanta, it should become a smilie xD

There's a lot of expressions in this manga that would make good smilies imo
You're right, maybe it's time to update the emoticons... I'll add it to my forever growing GB to-do list!

Return to “Other Ginga Related Manga”