Jikkyou Janjan Stadium

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Jikkyou Janjan Stadium

Post by Regnant »

Looks like Weekly Shonen Jump has put out another 50th anniversary mobile game, and there's a promo image for Gin!

Looks like the game is Super Smash Bros but with chibi Jump characters. Game trailer:
Image Image
Tora
Legend
Legend

Re: Jikkyou Janjan Stadium

Post by Tora »

This look amazing!
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

oooh neat :surprisegin:

The general aesthetics are definitely giving me a strong Super Smash Bros vibe, though I do wonder how a fighting game for mobile phones is going to work gameplay-wise.

QooApp seems to have it up for download so I guess I'mma download it and see what it's like.

Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Digsu wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:25 pm oooh neat :surprisegin:

The general aesthetics are definitely giving me a strong Super Smash Bros vibe, though I do wonder how a fighting game for mobile phones is going to work gameplay-wise.

QooApp seems to have it up for download so I guess I'mma download it and see what it's like.
I'm really curious, let us know what you find out! From some articles on the game I found Gin isn't in the game yet, but they will be releasing updates with more characters in the future.
Last edited by Regnant on Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

[hacker voice] I'm in

*cough* anyhow it recommends you do the tutorial while it loads additional data and I'm in the middle of that now. Some key points I've found out thus far:

-it tells you to choose a character before you can start the tutorial. All the characters are available though I'm not yet sure if it means they're permanently unlocked or if it's like in Jumputi Heroes where you get one freebie and the rest have to be bought.
-it uses a control system where you slide with your left thumb to move the character left and right and your right thumb to press the attack/jump buttons. In the tutorial it seems to work fine though I'm not sure how well it's gonna work in more hectic matches.
-there's something called "Memories" which I assume give you some sort of special boosts during fights. If you pick Gin the default ones are Smith, Kurotora and Fuji. I assume the next part of the tutorial is going to handle this but I figured I'd give you guys some sort of initial update.

Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

AHHHHHH that's awesome! I hope you get to keep Gin from the start :D

I'm really curious what Fuji would do for you!

(also, is it ok if I share some of these screenshots?)
Image Image
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Regnant wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:08 pm AHHHHHH that's awesome! I hope you get to keep Gin from the start :D

I'm really curious what Fuji would do for you!

(also, is it ok if I share some of these screenshots?)
Sure, you can use the screenshots.

It's done downloading, and the good news is that all characters are indeed unlocked from the start.

The bad news is that the Memories come from the gacha lottery in this game, and the ones you're given in the tutorial aren't actually in your inventory once the game starts proper. Also as far I'm understanding they do nothing but boost your power/defense and possibly other attributes.

However, once the tutorial's done and it gives you one Memory for free, you can reroll it as many times as you want until you get one you like.

Tap the left button if you want to reroll the first Memory, and the right one if you want to keep it.

I'm not even joking when I say I tapped for five minutes straight before getting the first GNG one :EMPTY:

It then asks you to reaffirm if you really want that Memory. Tap the left button to finalize your choice.

Each character also has a few training levels for you to get used to their controls and special skills (Gin's is - what else? - the Battouga), which give you a few free Memories as well. It's also where the awkward control scheme starts to really show - dodging (quickly swipe up, down, left, or right with your left thumb) in particular is really finicky to pull off.

Here's an Imgur album of all the GNG Memories I've gotten thus far.

also here's some HD chibi Gin for science.

edit: quick video of Gin in action.

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

OMG This looks pretty cool!! Especially for an app game o_o!
I wish I could watch the videos but youtube is currently down

ImageImage
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Oh my gosh that battouga! Thanks for the video!
Image Image
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

OMG, this is amazing!

Can one deownload the app?
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

...this just makes me want an actual Ginga fighting game.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tora wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:53 am OMG, this is amazing!

Can one deownload the app?
The easiest way to do that is to download QooApp and then install it through that.

RiKyy
Mentor
Mentor

Post by RiKyy »

Aaaaaamazing <3 Thank you soo much because the informations! ^^, I'll try to download it evening :D

My collection site: https://rikyy.weebly.com/
Check it :riki:
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

It's a nice thing Gin looks more true to his GNG manga appearance than his new blue "Weed with scars" one.
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

This is so cool! Thank you Digsu for being our chief inspector 👀

Anyone else also think that Gin design would make an awesome vinyl figure? 8D
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Troll Berserker wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:30 pm It's a nice thing Gin looks more true to his GNG manga appearance than his new blue "Weed with scars" one.
Is it because only GNG was in Shonen Jump? Isn't GDW with a different company? :THOT:

ImageImage
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Dragon wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:53 pm
Troll Berserker wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:30 pm It's a nice thing Gin looks more true to his GNG manga appearance than his new blue "Weed with scars" one.
Is it because only GNG was in Shonen Jump? Isn't GDW with a different company? :THOT:
Yep that's exactly it. They're basing all of the art of the characters off of their original appearance in Jump
Image Image
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Just a tiny bit of additional trivia:

The announcer likes to narrate the fighters' attacks, even the basic ones. In Gin's case he'll sometimes say "Gin kamitsuita!", which simply means "Gin bit [the opponent]!"

edit: Sometimes he'll use the present tense "Gin kamitsuku!" ("Gin bites!") instead.

His charged attack is equally uninteresting: it's either "tosshin" (rush/charge (noun)) or "tosshin suru (rush/charge (verb))", depending on how the announcer's feeling at the moment.

His scream of "ZETSU TENROU BATTOUGAAAAA!" whenever Gin uses his special is pure gold, though.

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Sorry about the double post but there's a semi-major gameplay feature I didn't realize was there until now.

In addition to Hero Memories increasing your stats, they also affect the abilities you can use in battle.

Using the GNG Memories as examples:

Kurotora: Enables the Special attack. You cannot use the Battouga (or whatever Special your character has) unless you have a Memory with this ability equipped. I assume the "CT -5" means the Special gauge fills up faster - the less rare Gajou Memory just has the "enable SP" ability without the "CT -5" bit.

Fuji: Increases your maximum jumps by 1. What this means is that equipping one Memory with this ability gives you double jump, so I assume two gives you triple jump and three gives you quadruple jump. It makes it a lot easier to get back on stage after being sent flying so I highly recommend having at least one jump-boosting Memory equipped.

Smith: Enables charge attack. Without a Memory with this ability holding down the attack button does nothing. Since charge attacks are helpful in knocking your opponent off-stage, again, I highly recommend having at least one Memory with this ability.

You can use any Memory to activate the abilities, but having Memories from the same series as the playable character gives a slight boost to the stat bonuses they give. You can tell the bonus is active by the light blue chain icon in the upper right corner of the equipped memories.

On another note, there's a section in the Shop where you can exchange Premium Medals for rare player character Memories.

Unfortunately, I can't for the life of me figure out how to actually get Premium Medals :surprisegin: I assume they're tied to events or other limited time/rare occasions.

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Thanks for all the complex info!^^

seems like these games really like when Gin says "IM NOT A KID!"

ImageImage

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”