GDW:O General Questions Topic

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Digsu »

Is it ever clearly stated which of these dogs is Gekka and which one is Shikkoku?

methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Post by methpring »

Gingapedia says that the one with the eye brows is Shikkoku, but I don't know where this is stated in manga.

Best manga at the moment: Moriarty the Patriot

My Ginga (and other) collections:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

methpring wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 2:52 pm Gingapedia says that the one with the eye brows is Shikkoku, but I don't know where this is stated in manga.
Gingapedia is actually what made me confused about the two in the first place - in volume 3, Kojuurou calls Gekka and Kurogane by name, and a following panel shows the eyebrowed one standing next to Kurogane. I assumed this meant that Gekka was the dog with eyebrows and Shikkoku was the remaining one, but since Gingapedia claimed otherwise I assumed there's some point where it's made 100% clear which one's which.

Punjab
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Punjab »

How many volumes are there in GDW:O? 8D
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Punjab wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:15 pm How many volumes are there in GDW:O? 8D

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Is it stated somewhere Terumune and Yamabiko are pure Kai, or Kai mixes? As Masamune seem to be the real son of Terumune and not adoptive, that would make Masamune a Kai mix too?
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

Tora wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:18 am Is it stated somewhere Terumune and Yamabiko are pure Kai, or Kai mixes? As Masamune seem to be the real son of Terumune and not adoptive, that would make Masamune a Kai mix too?
Not anywhere that I've seen so far (volume 24).
I assume they would be mixes, since the triplet brothers are stated to be mixes even though they could pass for pure, it's probably a trend in the group.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Finnish fans, or with Finnish volume 22:

Can someone look up in chapter 169, page 46 (at least it's page 46 in Japanese vol) in the last panel? Wanna know if the character's name is stated by Kenshin to his follower: Fuyuoni or Fuyuki. ^^

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Post by methpring »

Tora wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:11 pm Finnish fans, or with Finnish volume 22:

Can someone look up in chapter 169, page 46 (at least it's page 46 in Japanese vol) in the last panel? Wanna know if the character's name is stated by Kenshin to his follower: Fuyuoni or Fuyuki. ^^
It's Fuyuki.

Best manga at the moment: Moriarty the Patriot

My Ginga (and other) collections:
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

methpring wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:37 pm
Tora wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:11 pm Finnish fans, or with Finnish volume 22:

It's Fuyuki.
Thank you. Need to rename article now. ^^

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

Do we ever see Orion telling Gin or Weed about Joe's death and their reaction?
Platina
Defender
Defender

Post by Platina »

Flanoir wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:18 am Do we ever see Orion telling Gin or Weed about Joe's death and their reaction?
I've been wondering the exact same thing for years now, and I don't think Joe was ever brought up by Orion with Gin or Weed, as if the three flat-out forgot he ever existed in the first place.
Platina wolf by me.
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Who's Shirozaru's father? Did one of Akame's subordinates got scared and ran off during Koga battle and had pups? He must have until now lived a simple life either in wild or as pet in order to have no training and all abilities resting on good genes only? Judging by his brother's colors it seems they weren't the result of Iga's breeding program (lol) either, for Akame's legacy was to produce white puppies only by only mating with white females. That suggests Shirozaru's father went on his own, not bound by Iga's reglaments and created family with whoever he loved.
Also Akame doesn't seem too fond of his grandchildren, which suggests he might be bitter about their father, his son...
idk
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Kaiken wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:10 am Who's Shirozaru's father? Did one of Akame's subordinates got scared and ran off during Koga battle and had pups? He must have until now lived a simple life either in wild or as pet in order to have no training and all abilities resting on good genes only? Judging by his brother's colors it seems they weren't the result of Iga's breeding program (lol) either, for Akame's legacy was to produce white puppies only by only mating with white females. That suggests Shirozaru's father went on his own, not bound by Iga's reglaments and created family with whoever he loved.
Also Akame doesn't seem too fond of his grandchildren, which suggests he might be bitter about their father, his son...
idk
We don't know. All we know is that during the war against Koga, Akame wanted the war to end during his time and he left some puppies with human families to grow up. Those dogs did not allow their own puppies (Shirozaru and the others) be in any contact with Ohu army until Akame was dead (that's why Shirozaru, Rara and Muu came after the eruption - they thought Akame was dead).
Also, at least Shirozaru and Rara has different parents, so they are not brothers: in GDWO volume 2 Shirozaru mentions his mother and Rara's father in a way that gives that impression, at least.
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

What ever happened to Shirozaru, Rara and Muu? I wonder why they weren't in TLW, i thought they joined Ohu army.
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Doragon wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:11 am
We don't know. All we know is that during the war against Koga, Akame wanted the war to end during his time and he left some puppies with human families to grow up. Those dogs did not allow their own puppies (Shirozaru and the others) be in any contact with Ohu army until Akame was dead (that's why Shirozaru, Rara and Muu came after the eruption - they thought Akame was dead).
Ooh, that's interesting. Didn't know that. I thought Akame's pups left by their own will.
But why didn't they allow their sons to meet Ohu army? Were they bitter/anrgy towards Akame?
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

Troll Berserker wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:36 am What ever happened to Shirozaru, Rara and Muu? I wonder why they weren't in TLW, i thought they joined Ohu army.
They are still around, you can spot them in some Ohu army group pictures, including in later TLW chapters. They're now just... Harutora-style characters who don't speak much, I guess?

As to what Kaiken is asking, I think they didn't want old Iga/Koga war stuff to be reignited by newer generations. Akame was kinda done with his Iga duties in GNG anyway so it makes sense that he would make sure not to left much behind.
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Masamune refer to his father hating someone who looks similar to his son. Who that might be?
''Maybe he denied me leadership because I look so much like those he hates''.
Favorites:
Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

Kaiken wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:39 pm Masamune refer to his father hating someone who looks similar to his son. Who that might be?
I don't think it's meant to be taken literally like there's someone specific, to me it's just about Masamune's unusual looks that make him stand out from his clan.
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

Kaiken wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:39 pm Masamune refer to his father hating someone who looks similar to his son. Who that might be?
Which translation was this?
Sounds similar to the first version I had but I later changed it to 'Father must hate me because I look different from everyone else' after some advice from Fanta :)

I don't think the line was very clear to begin with, but it makes sense in the way Masamune looks nothing like his father or brother.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion”