Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Rusty
Victor
Victor

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Rusty »

Is it just me...or is Sirius starting to sound a lot like how Jesus taught? He even referenced 'turning the other cheek' when he got smacked

Thank you so much Kasi and fanta!
icon by dolan
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Rusty wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:18 am Is it just me...or is Sirius starting to sound a lot like how Jesus taught? He even referenced 'turning the other cheek' when he got smacked
That’s what I thought too XD
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
frisbee
Recruit
Recruit

Post by frisbee »

That was a pleasant read. Really digging TLW so far.

Thank you, Fanta and Kasi!

Rusty wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:18 am Is it just me...or is Sirius starting to sound a lot like how Jesus taught? He even referenced 'turning the other cheek' when he got smacked

#Siriusismysavior
#Siriusbepraised
Vegas and Atlas siggy made by Mako
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

My thoughts too, that's why I think Sirius will sacrifice himself in the end and start a new religion. If the publishers allow it.
icon by azzai
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Sirius' capability for keeping a calm face through anything and forgiving anyone and everyone does definitely seem a bit supernatural at times.

Though given the cultural context, maybe Canine Buddha would be a more appropriate title for him :surprisegin:

Bambalui

Post by Bambalui »

Yes but i find it incredibly misleading or inconsistent how Sirius in the previous chapter, gets mad and tackles Kuro just to make his point, he even says " im gonna punish you Orion, but dont hold it against me ", or something along those lines. But then just ends up taking a beating with no response. It feels as if the writer is creating hype over nothing. Then again it is a comic for kids so maybe i'm overanalyzing
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Bambalui wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:37 am Then again it is a comic for kids so maybe i'm overanalyzing
It's published in a magazine aimed a adult men, actually.

Though I agree, Sirius going from "I'm gonna punish you" to just calmly taking hits is... a bit anticlimactic.

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

It definitely seems to be a running pattern for the end of the chapters to have something really exciting happening, just for the next chapter to calm it down. I see this happen in other manga too, but TLW spams it a bit more than others XD

ImageImage
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Chapter 146 is posted
https://fantasscans.blogspot.com/2018/1 ... r-146.html

Sirius: "Hi Jerome. I know you lost your wife and sons a few months ago, but you need to get over it and love Monsoon"
Way to be "kind and understanding," Sirius...

ALSO ALL OF JEROME'S KIDS ARE BOYS NOW, DEAL WITH IT. :OUT:
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Well... Sons are dead. Those three that got killed... And as far as we know, both Mary and Sunny are males. Only Tonov we don't know for sure XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

:sirius: Hey Jewome, I know Monsoon murdered your wife and most of your children but could you and Monsoon pwease be fwiends uwu

Did I ever mention that Sirius pisses me off because Sirius pisses me off

Also I found these panels funny

:sirius: Orion!
:orion: DUMBASS :OUT:
:orion: *Runs off*
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Man, I was gonna say when did Weed get so controlling and harsh, since he used to be a kind, warm leader, buuuttt Sirius is really being inappropriate. Nonetheless, this chapter was really interesting dialogue-wise. ^-^
Akame seems more into being the akita son's mentors than Weed at this point LOL

ImageImage
Platina
Defender
Defender

Post by Platina »

Once again, I'm back to wanting something bad to happen to Sirius... And Weed...use to be the kind of dog to try and forgive his enemies, but not when it comes to Monsoon, it seems, like his 'kindness' had all been transferred over to Sirius.

Eager to see what happens next, but no rush!
Platina wolf by me.
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

I wish on Weed’s part it had been more of a “I get where you’re coming from, I’ve been there before” moment instead of him lacking his past character and just remaining in uniform agreement with the Ohu army.
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Tora wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:13 am Well... Sons are dead. Those three that got killed... And as far as we know, both Mary and Sunny are males. Only Tonov we don't know for sure XD
Meaning that the original statement of 4 boys and 2 girls has officially been retconned in favor of classic Yoshihiro sexism.

I am actually really upset about this. Masculine samurai beliefs or not, it’s anything but realistic to have so few female characters and have now every puppy born in the army make minus Bella who’s probably gonna be pronounced dead with Koyuki and Reika because they’ve all been gone so long. It’s ridiculous and I’m f***ing sick of it.
Call me Cammi!

Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

Oh no. Jerome is one of my favourites and the way he left ambiguously gave me a bad feeling he might have influenced what Sunny and Maru will do in the oncoming chapters. I sure hope not, I will be disappointed XD

I agree Weed feels quite out of character. I think someone mentioned before that Weed's compassion just may not transfer to species other than dogs though, considering how he dealt with 'Kaibutsu'.
I also think it's weird how much of the conversation seems to be 'getting along with Monsoon' as if they'll be friends, rather than 'not go into battle for revenge'... Maybe co-exist makes more sense... unless Sirius is honestly proposing they have a friendly relationship like he and Zion built with Monsoon XD Pool partys guys!
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Interesting...so Gin and Weed want to keep the army together and won't let Sirius share his ideals, which can make some dogs question all this. Makes sense, because if someone starts to hesitate in the real battle it can end rather ugly.

Thanks for the chapter again, guys!
SaskedieJagerin
Adviser
Adviser

Post by SaskedieJagerin »

Reading Sirius' dialogue about Jerome putting aside the deaths of his beloveds and forgive Moonsoon for peace is JUST. SO. FRUSTRATING.
How. HOW CAN YOU ASK SOMETHING LIKE THAT?!
I just cannot believe it, I didn't think I could hate Sirius this much.
Please Moonsoon, stay true to your last sentence here, just murder him because he deserves it. I don't want to Moonsoon to shrink back into a happy friend of Sirius the moment he sees him back and talks to him, wound him, scare him , let him see what he wants to achieve is impossible D:<
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

At this point, I'm begging for Sirius to be squashed by Monsoon.
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

Tora wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:13 am Well... Sons are dead. Those three that got killed... And as far as we know, both Mary and Sunny are males. Only Tonov we don't know for sure XD
I bet Tovnov is a female (dsepite a male name) because he/she has been out of the story like every single female character here (except Cross).
but then, all of Hiro's kids are male, right?
Tsukitora wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:54 am Bella who’s probably gonna be pronounced dead with Koyuki and Reika because they’ve all been gone so long.
Or they're gonna be back at the very end just like bella in GDWO.
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”