Ginga: the First Wars

General discussion related to spin off short stories from the main Ginga series. Current subforums: Ginga Densetsu Riki, Ginga no Inutachi, Ginga Densetsu Anju to Jiromaru and the Gaiden series.
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Kasi »

That baby bear is amazing XD
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

New First Wars chapter! Chapter 14 This one breaks the mold a bit and the Star Sibs are almost nowhere to be found. Instead, it focuses on Koyuki!

The pups are missing and it falls to Koyuki and Cross to find them. Hilarity (and some unexpected badassness) ensues.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

I enjoyed this so much XD
And Cross chasing Akame in the end haha
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

omg LOL Koyuki is a mess. I can't wait to see what she really says.

ImageImage
Ian
Translator
Translator

Post by Ian »

Can we just have Tsuji take over The Last Wars? Their interpretations have so much more consistent character.
Done.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Mako wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:42 pm Can we just have Tsuji take over The Last Wars? Their interpretations have so much more consistent character.
At least the writing XD

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Tora wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:54 pm
Mako wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:42 pm Can we just have Tsuji take over The Last Wars? Their interpretations have so much more consistent character.
At least the writing XD
Yea, if they'd let Tsuji direct the official storylines from now on and let Yoshi continue doing the illustration I think it'd probably go over a lot better with all deez bored fans XD
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

I wish females in regular Ginga were as badass as here xD I can't believe it takes place before GDWO and Bella is wandering off, fighting with her brothers and facing potential dangers and she is not constantly crying because of it.
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Troll Berserker wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:01 pm I wish females in regular Ginga were as badass as here xD I can't believe it takes place before GDWO and Bella is wandering off, fighting with her brothers and facing potential dangers and she is not constantly crying because of it.
This reminds me: maybe I'm just weird, but I kind of like that Bella being a crybaby is actually acknowledged in TFW (she tends to shed some tears whenever the sibs are all in a tight spot), but she's still just as capable as her brothers in spite of it.

Like it comes off more as an actual flaw or quirk of hers rather than basically being the only characteristics she has.

Also I really hope TFW can be considered canon to at least some capacity (...Extended Ginga Canon?) because Koyuki passing The Official Warrior Test of Ohu™ needs to be canon.

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Since no new chapters have come out since November last year, I'm starting to wonder if this series is finished. Granted, it would feel a bit odd for a spin-off to keep running even after the main series has ended, but since I love First Wars so much it still feels a bit disappointing. I didn't manage to find any confirmation either way so I guess there may still be some hope.

However, I did manage to dig up some good news! According to a post of Tsuji Tsukasa's blog, a tankoubon compilation of the series will come out in April this year. Also the post includes an adorable color illustration of the Star Sibs and a little boar piglet - it's the Year of the Boar, after all.

This blog post also features a color illustration of the Star Sibs (including an unusually dark Bella), but it seems to just be his summation of 2018 and nothing new. I think it does say something about him wanting to do "another series", which I guess could mean he really is done with TFW. edit: D'oh! I didn't realize that was posted in January last year. My bad.

Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Digsu wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:40 pm Since no new chapters have come out since November last year, I'm starting to wonder if this series is finished. Granted, it would feel a bit odd for a spin-off to keep running even after the main series has ended, but since I love First Wars so much it still feels a bit disappointing. I didn't manage to find any confirmation either way so I guess there may still be some hope.

However, I did manage to dig up some good news! According to a post of Tsuji Tsukasa's blog, a tankoubon compilation of the series will come out in April this year. Also the post includes an adorable color illustration of the Star Sibs and a little boar piglet - it's the Year of the Boar, after all.

This blog post also features a color illustration of the Star Sibs (including an unusually dark Bella), but it seems to just be his summation of 2018 and nothing new. I think it does say something about him wanting to do "another series", which I guess could mean he really is done with TFW. edit: D'oh! I didn't realize that was posted in January last year. My bad.
I am way too excited for a compilation book of all of these crazy siblings! I hope they do continue the series, but I'm definitely buying the compilation!!!
Image Image
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

That little boar piglet running with the Star Sibs is adorable <3
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Awwww because it's the year of the Boar?
icon by azzai
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tsukitora wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:01 am https://mobile.twitter.com/BETSUGORAKU/ ... 9156177920

New chapter!? :surprisegin:
Actual image of TFW returning after three months of no new chapter:

Anyhow here's the Goraku Egg link! This time around hijinx ensue from a group of humans doing some kind of television report in Ohu.

As a side note, this is the first TFW chapter to extensively use furigana - past chapters have used it very sparingly, as could be expected of a series that's published in a seinen magazine, but this chapter uses it on every single kanji that's in a speech bubble. Including very basic kanji that normally wouldn't be given furigana even in a shounen manga.

What a weird change :THOT:

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Oooh! TFW is back! And with furigana beside it... remind om of GNG days

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I wonder if the sudden use of furigana is because of the impending book release? Like maybe they're thinking of marketing the tankobon release towards younger audiences, since on its own it's probably considered too cutesy for Goraku's adult male target demographic.

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Ew. Just what were the two humans DOING in that van? I can't be the only one who feels highly uncomfortable about the scene? Dx
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

Bella is fighting a boar. She. Fights. And she's not crying.
TFW is my top favourite Ginga series now.
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Aram

Post by Aram »

First volume of First Wars is coming on 8. April.

Return to “Other Ginga Related Manga”