What happened to-?

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Re: What happened to-?

Post by Digsu »

18Gingasoldier wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:15 am I wonder what happened Great from GNG after Akakabuto's Arc. I'm pretty sure Yoshihiro forgot about him but not sure...
At the very least he survived the battle against Akakabuto, as he has exactly one line of dialogue in the wolf arc and, presumably, just stays alive but off-screen the rest of the arc.

He's never mentioned in GDW, however, but he may have made a cameo as one of the dogs Moss sees when dying; there's a dog in the background of one panel who's too far away to be properly identified, but his colors seem to match Great's.

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Digsu wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:43 pm
Troll Berserker wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:35 pm Image
What was this guy's name and what was his final fate?
It's Denny, one of Liger's friends. He lost one of his hind paws to the brown hybrid bear, but ended up being the only one in his group who didn't die. He was last seen recovering at Joe's owner's place, though aside from his surviving it's unknown what happened to him after the arc.
According to Meti's translations, Bomb [one of Joe's friends] told Denny to stay with their master as a pet since he can't survive with 3 legs. Denny didn't reject their master when he was picked up and thought to himself "Weed, let Liger and the others have our revenge!", so I guess it's safe to assume he stayed a pet.

ImageImage
Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Post by Tikikata »

Digsu wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:04 am
18Gingasoldier wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:15 am I wonder what happened Great from GNG after Akakabuto's Arc. I'm pretty sure Yoshihiro forgot about him but not sure...
At the very least he survived the battle against Akakabuto, as he has exactly one line of dialogue in the wolf arc and, presumably, just stays alive but off-screen the rest of the arc.

He's never mentioned in GDW, however, but he may have made a cameo as one of the dogs Moss sees when dying; there's a dog in the background of one panel who's too far away to be properly identified, but his colors seem to match Great's.

I'm going to cry.

I loved Great. I really hope that is him because I was worried that Yoshi forgot about him. :sigh:
GingaBoard's Resident Lloyd Fan
:belmond: :kurotora: :lloyd: :hyakkiga: My Twitch || My Twitter :george: :ken: :lydia: :unsai:

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

I'm certain I actually looked for where you last see Great few years ago. If it's right what I wrote down, it's in vol 15 chapter 2 you see him last time (as background character). Anyone that can check? Otherwise I do it when I get back home. ^^

Edit
I checked the Silver Fang reader (chapter 46) lol.

You last see Great clearly right before Wilson and Jaguar arrive, as he's the one that announce them arriving.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Post by Tikikata »

Tora wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:36 am I'm certain I actually looked for where you last see Great few years ago. If it's right what I wrote down, it's in vol 15 chapter 2 you see him last time (as background character). Anyone that can check? Otherwise I do it when I get back home. ^^

Edit
I checked the Silver Fang reader (chapter 46) lol.

You last see Great clearly right before Wilson and Jaguar arrive, as he's the one that announce them arriving.
It's been a looong time since I've read that arc... Thanks for checking!! ^^
:belmond: :kurotora: :lloyd: :hyakkiga: My Twitch || My Twitter :george: :ken: :lydia: :unsai:

Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

Dragon wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:18 am
Troll Berserker wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:35 pm Image
What was this guy's name and what was his final fate?
It's Denny, one of Liger's friends. He lost one of his hind paws to the brown hybrid bear, but ended up being the only one in his group who didn't die. He was last seen recovering at Joe's owner's place, though aside from his surviving it's unknown what happened to him after the arc.
According to Meti's translations, Bomb [one of Joe's friends] told Denny to stay with their master as a pet since he can't survive with 3 legs. Denny didn't reject their master when he was picked up and thought to himself "Weed, let Liger and the others have our revenge!", so I guess it's safe to assume he stayed a pet.
But he lost both legs, not just one (something about being useless with 3 legs which is not true for Ginga standards seeing how Smith and Shuga could manage well). Poor guy, I'm glad to head he stayed alive.
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Troll Berserker wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:37 pm

But he lost both legs, not just one (something about being useless with 3 legs which is not true for Ginga standards seeing how Smith and Shuga could manage well). Poor guy, I'm glad to head he stayed alive.
In all the pages of him I've seen, he's missing one of his back legs, not one of his front legs like all the other 3 legged dogs miss. I guess missing your back legs must be a lot harder for dogs ... or maybe just in the ginga world LOL;
But yeah, I'm glad he got to live because he was really nice u.u

ImageImage
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Troll Berserker wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:37 pm

Denny only lost his right hind paw, as can be seen here.

At least in the Finnish translation, Joe's hunting pals said that Denny couldn't fight with three legs, especially against the monsters that were the hybrid bears. Considering that Denny had only recently lost his paw and that he and his friends, being pet dogs, weren't particularly useful in battle even with all limbs intact, they were probably right.

Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

What happened to Kotetsu?
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

Hyzenthlay Rose wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:22 am What happened to Kotetsu?
He fell into the void of forgotten characters. The last we saw of him was when Gin was calling all the dogs to the top of the hill in Vol 1 of TLW. Never been seen or mentioned since.
kot.jpg
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Shiruba wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:42 pm
He fell into the void of forgotten characters. The last we saw of him was when Gin was calling all the dogs to the top of the hill in Vol 1 of TLW. Never been seen or mentioned since.
kot.jpg
... holy crap!
So.... kotetsu fell too in the battle. what if he died or got eaten?! D:

ImageImage
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

Dragon wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:10 pm
Shiruba wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:42 pm
kot.jpg
... holy crap!
So.... kotetsu fell too in the battle. what if he died or got eaten?! D:
If he did, there's no mention of it. I like to think he ran for help, since we never see a body. Maybe one day Yoshi will remember him.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

What ever happened to Mukku after Hougen's arc? Are we to expect he went back home to his owner?

ImageImage
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Dragon wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:17 am What ever happened to Mukku after Hougen's arc? Are we to expect he went back home to his owner?
He's never seen or mentioned again, so it's safe to assume he just continued his life as a pet.
AlphaSpice

Post by AlphaSpice »

What happened to Moss's son, Jaguar? I recently fully finished the GDW anime and I noticed he was missing. Is he alive/whereabouts mentioned in the manga?
Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Post by Tikikata »

AlphaSpice wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:01 am What happened to Moss's son, Jaguar? I recently fully finished the GDW anime and I noticed he was missing. Is he alive/whereabouts mentioned in the manga?
Jaguar was unfortunately killed by Monsoon in TLW. :(

Raige_Imu

Post by Raige_Imu »

AlphaSpice wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:01 am What happened to Moss's son, Jaguar? I recently fully finished the GDW anime and I noticed he was missing. Is he alive/whereabouts mentioned in the manga?
He is alive and present in the GDW manga, but is as Tikikata said, killed in TLW.
AlphaSpice

Post by AlphaSpice »

Raige_Imu wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:48 am
Tikikata wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:05 am
Jaguar was unfortunately killed by Monsoon in TLW. :(
He is alive and present in the GDW manga, but is as Tikikata said, killed in TLW.
Yikes!! Poor Jaguar Dx thank you though!
Birdcrossing

Post by Birdcrossing »

ok here i go... koyuki

sorry for some reason i typed yukimura instead of kouki. >O<
Last edited by Birdcrossing on Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BIRDCROSSING :chibi:
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Birdcrossing wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:46 am ok here i go... YUKIMURA
Yukimura died at the end of the Monkey Arc. He was killed by Shōgun.
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Avatar by Kasi | Banner by Sandatora

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”