Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Arano »

Troll Berserker wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:27 am
Gingastar wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:01 am
Kaiken wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:39 am Hmm, why does it say here http://ginga.wikia.com/wiki/Ginga:_The_ ... rs_Volumes that there's two more volumes? :o
Overall there are going to be 22 volumes of TLW. Volume 20 came out recently.
So there is going to be more? Good. I was being really disapointed that the whole end of TLW was pretty much just one single chapter. I mean come on, all this boring stuff and we get the long awaited final battle that takes only one chapter...
I think you misunderstood - FDQ has scanned the last chapter from the magazine which is the end of the TLW and will be serialised in volume 22. Book publication is 2 volumes behind.

Edit: oops didn't see Tora's reply, she beat me to it XD
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

Oh.
Damn.
This series' finale truly is an one great disapointment.
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Here's a Christmas gift for you: Chapter 158! (Thanks again FDQ)

https://fantasscans.blogspot.com/2018/1 ... r-158.html

So Orion is still an asshole...Sirius is still a moron...Akame is the only one in this chapter with some sense...Kyoushirou's character is still awful, and Weed is...well, not Weed. Any questions?
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Thank you Fanta and FDQ :D

Sasuke calling Kyoushiro out on his ugly, comedic-relief bug eyes was too real 😐
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Avatar by Kasi | Kin banner by Sandatora
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

:orion: How could you say that in front of Jerome...who's WIFE got murdered?!
:sirius: You'll understand. Someday you will. I have faith in that!
:orion: NGH-! KGH..NGAA...AAAH...!

Same, Orion, same

Also I love Sasuke calling Kyoushiro "Bug-Eyes" XD
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

-RIP Hook, he's been deemed a gutless coward ever since he joined back up with Weed in the manga XD So sad since his past was kinda inspiring.
-Wtf? George being used as a comic relief like his mom is weird to see....
-Why is that joke centered around Kyoshiro being a scaredy cat? Since the beginning and ever since, that's the one thing that's never changed. Why would he be scared at all?
-"Weed: If you want to come back, you have no choice but to survive!" WHO. THE HELL. IS THIS. THIS ISN'T WEED. SERIOUSLY.

ImageImage
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Dragon wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:52 am -RIP Hook, he's been deemed a gutless coward ever since he joined back up with Weed in the manga XD So sad since his past was kinda inspiring.
-Wtf? George being used as a comic relief like his mom is weird to see....
-Why is that joke centered around Kyoshiro being a scaredy cat? Since the beginning and ever since, that's the one thing that's never changed. Why would he be scared at all?
-"Weed: If you want to come back, you have no choice but to survive!" WHO. THE HELL. IS THIS. THIS ISN'T WEED. SERIOUSLY.
We all know that Yoshi threw away every old character's personality+development for the sake of glorifying Orion and especially Sirius in this series. x.x
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

As much as Orion is being an asshole, Akakama really is basically Sirius's mindless slave at this point. I honestly don't know if he was pissed because Orion belittled his devotion to Sirius or because Orion hit the nail right on the head.

:sirius: I'm sure you all will agree with me in time because it's blindingly obvious I'm in the right here. I'm not gonna do shit to convince you though and I'mma throw a massive tantrum because you're not magically agreeing with me on the spot BWAAAAAAHHHH!

At least at this point I can take solace in the fact that he's gonna die a slow, pointless death.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Thank you fir the chapter!
So Weed finally grew into that kind of soldier, huh? Since it's not a dog, but a bear. XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Eclipse-Wolven
Legend
Legend

Post by Eclipse-Wolven »

Digsu wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:15 am As much as Orion is being an asshole, Akakama really is basically Sirius's mindless slave at this point. I honestly don't know if he was pissed because Orion belittled his devotion to Sirius or because Orion hit the nail right on the head.

:sirius: I'm sure you all will agree with me in time because it's blindingly obvious I'm in the right here. I'm not gonna do shit to convince you though and I'mma throw a massive tantrum because you're not magically agreeing with me on the spot BWAAAAAAHHHH!

At least at this point I can take solace in the fact that he's gonna die a slow, pointless death.
I think he was pissed because of both. He basically is a mindless slave to him at this point and it's kind of too bad, because it would have been cool to see him stand up to Sirius's naive arrogance, especially since he really cares for him.

Honestly, though, Orion threw a bigger tantrum than Sirius did. I particularly enjoyed the duality of "I'm not the only one speaking my mind" followed almost immediately by "You've got some nerve speaking how you want". What a complete douche that kid is.

Speaking of disappointing characters, it really is a bummer to me how Kyoushiro turned out. He was such a cool character when he was first introduced but they never developed him unfortunately. :/
Banner by Kairi292 & Avatar by Kasi

My stories (on FF.net):
Ginga Densetsu Weed: Dark Legend
The Chronicles Of Ohu

For he today who sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother...
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Eclipse-Wolven wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:09 pm Honestly, though, Orion threw a bigger tantrum than Sirius did. I particularly enjoyed the duality of "I'm not the only one speaking my mind" followed almost immediately by "You've got some nerve speaking how you want". What a complete douche that kid is.
Yeah, in all fairness Orion throwing snow at Sirius and telling him to get lost was just outright childish. I know he's been getting on his nerves for a long time now, but given that the guy was already banished by his father it just seems unnecessarily petty.

Honestly, I feel both Sirius and Orion are being childish here, both in their own ways; Orion is lashing out both physically and verbally, but not harshly enough for it to be properly dramatic, while Sirius's "I'm not talking to you anymore" attitude comes off as condescending. These kids seriously need some kind of mediator to sit them down and make them discuss their opinions in a civilized manner, without needless outbursts or high-horsing that just makes them hate each other more.

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

In volume 18 of GDW right now, Weed is being told he's the one in the wrong for not wanting to kill people and seeing all life as precious. After a while of people leaving him, he starts to rethink if he really IS the one in the wrong, but his friends tell him no.
It's interesting seeing the contrast of Weed and Sirius being in the same situation, but one being supported while the other isn't.

too bad Weed doesn't actually feel that way at all with things outside of dogs LOL;

ImageImage
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

I agree with Digsu. I think the two need a mediator that sits them both down so they don’t go at each other’s throats.

Which is why o don’t really understand why Akame asks Orion if he’s going to talk to Sirius. He should know that they’re just going to go after one another again, so why make Orion go talk to him on his own like that? A civilized discussion between the two could help, but that would never happen as everyone in the Ohu Army is against Sirius, including Weed, so no one would want to be a mediator between the two xD
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

My sweet summer son...
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first time we've seen Sirius having a breakdown? Poor wee laddie...
Also, anybody else find it a bit unsettling how Orion reacts to Akakama's departure here? He essentially seems to be implying that Sirius is forcefully tearing Aka away from the Ohu army and that he isn't allowed to make his own choices in the matter - the 'you're either with us or against us' mentality. You running a dictatorship there, Orion?
Furthermore, that smug grin Orion makes after Akame tells Sirius the battle plan makes me want to punch him in the face. |(

Agreements with Gingastar too about Sasuke's 'bug eyes' remark to Kyo hitting a little close to home. Did Yoshi just take a jibe at his own art style? How meta. XP
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Sasuke: "Why do you talk like that, bug eyes?!"
Kyoushirou: "Because at some point our artist decided that I 1. hate you for no reason 2. am a coward 3. have drag queen eyes!"
Weed: "Day 228: the Ou army still hasn't realized I'm a spy"
icon by azzai
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

I really do think Weed was replaced by his substitute, much like Tokimune replaces Gin xD
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Gingastar wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:33 pm I really do think Weed was replaced by his substitute, much like Tokimune replaces Gin xD
Or maybe Hidetoshi put a chip in Weed's brain that gives him a completely different personality.
Mmm...that's my theory. :derpgin:
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

:weed: Day 297
:weed: The army still haven't realized
:weed: I'm a replacement

Weed's substitute is named Wood and nobody can tell me otherwise
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

fantachan wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:36 am
Gingastar wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:33 pm I really do think Weed was replaced by his substitute, much like Tokimune replaces Gin xD
Or maybe Hidetoshi put a chip in Weed's brain that gives him a completely different personality.
Mmm...that's my theory. :derpgin:
This theory is interesting! XD Anything that supports mecha!weed :EXCITE:
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

When Kamakiri went all crying and childish in last chapter I thought it's definitely some sociopathic maneuver by Sirius to turn him into slave. afterwards when Orion in new chapter calls Sirius to stop stealing Ohu soldiers, I again, thought of a word slave, and then in the very next pages it's mentioned by comic itself!

Also, am I really the only one who likes how Weed has matured?
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”