Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Gingastar »

Kaiken wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:04 am When Kamakiri went all crying and childish in last chapter I thought it's definitely some sociopathic maneuver by Sirius to turn him into slave. afterwards when Orion in new chapter calls Sirius to stop stealing Ohu soldiers, I again, thought of a word slave, and then in the very next pages it's mentioned by comic itself!

Also, am I really the only one who likes how Weed has matured?
I’ve never said I disliked it, it’s just super out of nowhere how he went to Peace Advocate #1 to banishing his son for having peace-ideals but just with a different species.

And yes, “he’s matured, he’s grown up more” and yes, “bears aren’t like dogs” but he’s still being very intense about it so it’s surprising to see. I personally think it’s a different change for him, but at the same time really odd for his character per say.
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

Maybe Weed's sudden change would feel less weird if we saw him go through more development to get there. Instead it just feels like he woke up one day and suddenly became a different dog.
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Hyzenthlay Rose wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:08 am Maybe Weed's sudden change would feel less weird if we saw him go through more development to get there. Instead it just feels like he woke up one day and suddenly became a different dog.
Yeah that’s exactly it. The change was incredibly jarring for a character like him. I know he’s supreme leader and has “adult eyes” now but the change in personality was really sudden for him.
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Weed was probably my least favorite Ginga character until Sirius showed up, but even I think his sudden personality change is really awkward. If we'd gotten some explanation for his sudden character "development", like "the near-destruction of the Paradise destroyed his innocence" or "Weed's brain suffered serious damage from Monsoon's relative's attack" (which I still headcanon as being the actual explanation) or even "Weed's mercy does not extend to bears", then it'd feel less jarring. As it is right now he basically went straight from almost banishing his own son for wanting to execute a murderous tyrant to actually banishing his own son for being too peaceful.

Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

Maybe Weed finally saw that all his previous gratitude never got through to the enemy. Hougen vowed to kill them all after being spared, Victor never gave up wanting to kill, even Masamune wanted to kill Weed after he tried to spare his life. He's probably got to the point now where he's given up on letting enemies live because he knows no good will come of it.
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

I like the headcanon Digsu said about Weed having head injuries from Monsoon changing his personality.
avatar drawn by my friend YerLakar on twitter
sorry for my infrequent visits! am working on it
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

One can keep saying that Weed's morality only extends to dogs, but the Monkey Arc proves otherwise: he fought his brother because he believed that killing and torturing monkeys (who were the aggressors and scarred his brother) is wrong, and after a monkey killed his brother he didn't end up hating all monkey-kind.

Plus, when a character suddenly completely changes their personality and there are 0 hints or reasonings or consistent character progression in the actual text given for said change, then
icon by azzai
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Atha wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:14 pm One can keep saying that Weed's morality only extends to dogs, but the Monkey Arc proves otherwise: he fought his brother because he believed that killing and torturing monkeys (who were the aggressors and scarred his brother) is wrong, and after a monkey killed his brother he didn't end up hating all monkey-kind.

Plus, when a character suddenly completely changes their personality and there are 0 hints or reasonings or consistent character progression in the actual text given for said change, then
While I agree it's definitely sloppy writing, I don't think the whole monkey situation is really comparable to Monsoon here. Weed and the Ohu army knew right from the start that some of the monkeys were peaceful and were themselves being hunted by Shougun's followers, while the only evidence he has of Monsoon being open to diplomatic solutions is hearsay from Sirius. It also helped that the monkeys and dogs were naturally capable of communicating with each other, which is... a bit weird when you think about it, but that's another can of worms altogether.

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Atha wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:14 pm One can keep saying that Weed's morality only extends to dogs, but the Monkey Arc proves otherwise: he fought his brother because he believed that killing and torturing monkeys (who were the aggressors and scarred his brother) is wrong, and after a monkey killed his brother he didn't end up hating all monkey-kind.

Agreed, especially the 2nd bit.
What makes me confused is that.... Weed is introduced kinda inconsistent. He befriended GB easily despite GB not being a perfect angel, but lashed out at Sasuke for insulting GB [in the manga]. He befriended and went easy on Mel when he was being bullied by Blue, and also tried saving Blue despite his nasty deeds, but after hearing that Kaibutsu was a dog treated terribly, didn't have a second thought to take him down [and didn't have a language barrier with him either]. He befriended the monkeys despite their hostility at first, because of baby Pepe, but didn't think about how him and his friends killed the hybrid bear's cub[?].
I know Yoshi isn't the best at keeping up with characters and is very flip-flop about their morals, but we know for sure Weed would never force people to do something they wouldn't like, would do what he can to make sure people are safe [if you ignore the Russian arc LOL], and is always kind.
The now Weed sounds nothing like that, and was definitely made this way for the sake of plot. Not development or anything interesting like that at all. It's sad seeing Weed getting this kinda disrespect after we see 60+ volumes of his life just to be turned into this u3u;

ImageImage
Uru
Friend
Friend

Post by Uru »

Dragon wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:55 amAgreed, especially the 2nd bit.
What makes me confused is that.... Weed is introduced kinda inconsistent. He befriended GB easily despite GB not being a perfect angel, but lashed out at Sasuke for insulting GB [in the manga]. He befriended and went easy on Mel when he was being bullied by Blue, and also tried saving Blue despite his nasty deeds, but after hearing that Kaibutsu was a dog treated terribly, didn't have a second thought to take him down [and didn't have a language barrier with him either]. He befriended the monkeys despite their hostility at first, because of baby Pepe, but didn't think about how him and his friends killed the hybrid bear's cub[?].
I know Yoshi isn't the best at keeping up with characters and is very flip-flop about their morals, but we know for sure Weed would never force people to do something they wouldn't like, would do what he can to make sure people are safe [if you ignore the Russian arc LOL], and is always kind.
The now Weed sounds nothing like that, and was definitely made this way for the sake of plot. Not development or anything interesting like that at all. It's sad seeing Weed getting this kinda disrespect after we see 60+ volumes of his life just to be turned into this u3u;
On the other hand, Weed tried to save Sasuke even thought he didn't even know him. P4 is actually interesting as P4 speaks in "black" (as do bears, wild boars etc) and at the beginning only Jerome speaks with him. At some point some other characters also speaks with him so it kind of ruins it, but I can't remember if it was a real conversation or were they just shouting something to each other. Weed's attitude towards P4 would be easier to understand if he didn't see him as a dog, but just some monster.

Monkeys understanding dogs is very strange, but I think that dogs can't understand Shogun as they never speak to each other. Part of the reason why dogs tried to be friends with monkeys was probably because they wanted to protect Pepe and he explained the situation to dogs.

Hybrid bear's cub was alread adult and attacking. I think he actually killed mother bear and later her cub and that caused dogs to attack again.

If only the whole P4 saga would have been like it started (only Jerome could understand P4 and everyone else thought that he was just a monster), Weed's attitude could have been easily understood: if it's different species, it doesn't deserve mercy. (Which is bit horrible, considering that all different species that we have seen have had family, friends or pack so they are not just mindless animals. But on the other hand: dogs must eat.)
So maybe Weed (and Ouu army) are kinda like most meat-eating people: if it's cute, you must not eat it. And Sirius is vegan trying to explain that bears are just as inteligent as dogs are.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Uru wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:35 am Hybrid bear's cub was alread adult and attacking. I think he actually killed mother bear and later her cub and that caused dogs to attack again.
Yep, he killed a mother bear for no particular reason and would have killed the cub if the Ohu dogs hadn't intervened. When he finally does kill the cub a few chapters later Ken is absolutely livid and tries to call him out on it.

Also, regarding the Ohu army killing the final hybrid's offspring, the brown hybrid wasn't just aggressive, it was basically an ursine serial killer. Killing Joe's mate and pups for food is understandable wild animal behavior, luring humans to the mountains by injuring a few people, forcing them to call for help and then destroying the rescue helicopter via rockslide slightly less so.

Aram

Post by Aram »

Volume 21 is coming 9. February 2019.
Platina
Defender
Defender

Post by Platina »

Aram wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:40 am Volume 21 is coming 9. February 2019.
Seriously?? Awesome, maybe we'll either get a continuation or a better conclusion to the story than we originally thought!
Platina wolf by me.
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

Platina wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:03 am
Seriously?? Awesome, maybe we'll either get a continuation or a better conclusion to the story than we originally thought!
The chapters in that volume are old though ;)

I think it get's fairly confusing, since all the information has been out of order, but the manga is initially published in the Goraku magazine each week (which has ended now), and then those chapters take a few months before they're compiled and sold in the manga volumes.
Volume 22 (once that's released in about 3 months) will contain the final chapter that FDQ scanned from the magazine ;)
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

When is the final, 22th, volume expected to be released?
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Post by methpring »

Kaiken wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:56 pm When is the final, 22th, volume expected to be released?
If there are no changes in release schedule, volume 22 will be released in the beginning of April.

Best manga at the moment: Moriarty the Patriot

My Ginga (and other) collections:
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

methpring wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:51 pm
Kaiken wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:56 pm When is the final, 22th, volume expected to be released?
If there are no changes in release schedule, volume 22 will be released in the beginning of April.
SPOILER
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

Preordered.

Also, sorry for not providing scans of the remaining chapters of volume 20 yet, but I've had a friend stay over during the holidays. I will probably scan another chapter tomorrow once he goes back home

Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Post by Tikikata »

FDQ wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:07 pm
Preordered.

Also, sorry for not providing scans of the remaining chapters of volume 20 yet, but I've had a friend stay over during the holidays. I will probably scan another chapter tomorrow once he goes back home
No rush! Holidays are busy times, we can wait. ^^
GingaBoard's Resident Lloyd Fan
:belmond: :kurotora: :lloyd: :hyakkiga: My Twitch || My Twitter :george: :ken: :lydia: :unsai:

Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

https://www.amazon.co.jp/銀牙-LAST-WARS-2 ... 128&sr=1-1

Vol 21 cover should show up here any day now... hope it’s a nice one *u*
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”