human GDW AU

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
Sketch-Shepherd

human GDW AU

Post by Sketch-Shepherd »

This was a fun idea I talked about on deviantART before. I know that humanized Ginga fanart has been done plenty of times before, but I thought a little more about how it could actually function in an AU where all the characters are actually humans:

Ohu would be run by a human government led by Gin, John, and Akame. Gin is the president/mayor while John and Akame are his councilmen, and Tokimune and the other two doppelgangers are substitutes whenever they're out of office. Smith is also a council member too, but volunteers to be Sakura's bodyguard when she's sent away after Kaibutsu starts terrorizing Ohu.

Kaibutsu would be a man who volunteered to participate in some kind of science experiment for drugs/steroids of some kind, which turned him into an oversized and grotesquely muscular out-of-control hulk who goes around attacking and killing random unfortunate strangers due to the drugs' effects on his brain. Jerome and his squad would be security guards or a SWAT team sent out to exterminate Kaibutsu.

Back to the plotline, Sakura would have ended up in a really small rural village where there isn't much food or medicine, and she dies of sickness/starvation shortly after giving birth to Weed. Nero would be the lord of another rural village where he relies on slaves such as GB and Sasuke to go out and hunt for food for him. Meanwhile, Blue runs rather another smaller, poorer community that relies more on child labor, which is where Mel would come into play.

For the Hougen arc, Hougen himself would just be a mentally unstable man who grew up a poor crime-infested village or something. He was originally sentenced to a lifetime in prison over committing a small crime, and a particularly cruel prison warden would constantly torment him, driving him to lose his mind and resort to cannibalism, murdering and eating his own fellow inmates. After he and Genba would escape he'd murder the prison warden and overthrow Ohu's government by assassinating John and holding Gin in custody.

Kyoushiro would probably be a street kid and leads a violent street gang who would break into peoples' homes and beat up any parents mistreating their children. Tesshin and the Kogas are easy because they would literally just be the real-life Koga ninjas. Also the Zetsu Tenrou Battouga would be some boomerang/other sharp flying spinny weapon that's near impossible to master. I'm not gonna bring up Hiro because his role would be fucking scary as a human.

Even some stuff past the Hougen arc can work. For example, Shogun and the monkeys would be insane tribal cannibals that murder and pillage every living thing they see, and Victor and the Russian dogs would obviously work as armed Russian soldiers.

What do you guys think of this AU? Are there any other ideas that could be translated? I personally would really like to draw one of these ideas someday. :weed:
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Re: human GDW AU

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

I LOVE these ideas!
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

These ideas are awesome and definitely believable!

It's sad to think that uh... GDWO probably becomes a bit more difficult to explain in human-terms, since they rely on, basically, a 9 year old to be their leader at some points... or a 9 year old taking on a skilled, adult ninja [Masamune] and winning.

Another fun idea for this thread could be imagining how characters would look as humans. I know everyone will have their own ideas, but it's not bad to see some other views.

ImageImage
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

I really like those ideas!

For appearances as Dragon said:

-Blue looking like the bad guy from Oliver Twist who used orphans to do his bidding, lean dressed in rags.
-Jerome as a fancily-dressed hired assassin for the yakuza, expert at using guns, in his 30's.
-Hougen being a tall, blonde Scandinavian guy in his mid-20's, young enough to be called a hooligan by the veterans, old enough to be influential
-Kyoushiro being a scrappy 18 y/o homeless punk kid full of scars from street fighting.
-Weed being 15 at the start and 18 at the Hougen fight, looking like a regular Japanese rural kid but with inherent talents
icon by azzai
Sketch-Shepherd

Atha wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:47 am I really like those ideas!

For appearances as Dragon said:

-Blue looking like the bad guy from Oliver Twist who used orphans to do his bidding, lean dressed in rags.
-Jerome as a fancily-dressed hired assassin for the yakuza, expert at using guns, in his 30's.
-Hougen being a tall, blonde Scandinavian guy in his mid-20's, young enough to be called a hooligan by the veterans, old enough to be influential
-Kyoushiro being a scrappy 18 y/o homeless punk kid full of scars from street fighting.
-Weed being 15 at the start and 18 at the Hougen fight, looking like a regular Japanese rural kid but with inherent talents
Oh, cool! These are great for inspiration. I kind of have a vague idea for Weed's outfit which I hope to draw soon, but I'll try to take these into consideration. :)
Sketch-Shepherd

Dragon wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:07 am These ideas are awesome and definitely believable!

It's sad to think that uh... GDWO probably becomes a bit more difficult to explain in human-terms, since they rely on, basically, a 9 year old to be their leader at some points... or a 9 year old taking on a skilled, adult ninja [Masamune] and winning.

Another fun idea for this thread could be imagining how characters would look as humans. I know everyone will have their own ideas, but it's not bad to see some other views.

Thanks! Yeah, I didn't think very much about GDWO. But then again, Weed was also super young at the beginning of his series? He was like at least 8-9 human years old as well; I might actually age up the characters for the AU so it'd be more believable if told through humans.

I'm thinking of designing some of my own humanized GDW characters. I already have a rough idea for Weed; I picture him as a young boy with casual clothing: like a white shirt with blue sleeves and jeans.

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”