GDW: Orion SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

GDW: Orion SPOILER THREAD

Post by Arano »

I wish this was a spoiler: Bella plays an actual role in the story
Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy

Re: GDW: Orion SPOILER THREAD

Post by Marchosias »

The greatest spoiler for GDW:O Orion is Weed's son and Masamune is the bad guy
methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Post by methpring »

In the latest Finnish-translated Orion, volume 27, there was one scene that made me facepalm.

Jouji has Matheus pinned down, biting his throat. Then, he lets go. The reason: some other enemy dog bited him in the ear. Jouji was enraged and yelled that his ears are his pride. No, Jouji, not in the middle of the battle...

Best manga at the moment: Moriarty the Patriot

My Ginga (and other) collections:
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

methpring wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:19 pm In the latest Finnish-translated Orion, volume 27, there was one scene that made me facepalm.

Jouji has Matheus pinned down, biting his throat. Then, he lets go. The reason: some other enemy dog bited him in the ear. Jouji was enraged and yelled that his ears are his pride. No, Jouji, not in the middle of the battle...
Why did every GDW character with potential turn into a comic relief since GDWO...?
icon by azzai
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Atha wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:48 pm
methpring wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:19 pm In the latest Finnish-translated Orion, volume 27, there was one scene that made me facepalm.

Why did every GDW character with potential turn into a comic relief since GDWO...?
tbh I just found the whole thing both legitimately hilarious and a nice indication that George has character traits other than "generic hot-blooded tough guy" (his barely-discussed and quickly forgotten fear of water notwithstanding). Yeah, he maybe should sort out his priorities but being that self-conscious about his ears is definitely unique.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

And in Japanese, Jôji calles then his "charm point" (チャームポイント), meaning "most attractive feature of a person". XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Digsu wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:07 pm tbh I just found the whole thing both legitimately hilarious and a nice indication that George has character traits other than "generic hot-blooded tough guy" (his barely-discussed and quickly forgotten fear of water notwithstanding). Yeah, he maybe should sort out his priorities but being that self-conscious about his ears is definitely unique.
Tora wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:45 pm And in Japanese, Jôji called them his "charm point" (チャームポイント), meaning "most attractive feature of a person". XD
Omg LOOL that's so great. I like that. And Digsu has a point. I thought he was Kyoshiro clone, but if he cares about his looks and is hot-headed enough to protect his beauty [that he gets from his mom], then that's a really interesting and cool trait. Imagine him as a human, he'd have long beautiful white hair, and kill anyone who dares ruins it LOL

ImageImage
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Dragon wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:28 pm

Digsu wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:07 pm tbh I just found the whole thing both legitimately hilarious and a nice indication that George has character traits other than "generic hot-blooded tough guy" (his barely-discussed and quickly forgotten fear of water notwithstanding). Yeah, he maybe should sort out his priorities but being that self-conscious about his ears is definitely unique.
Tora wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:45 pm And in Japanese, Jôji called them his "charm point" (チャームポイント), meaning "most attractive feature of a person". XD
Omg LOOL that's so great. I like that. And Digsu has a point. I thought he was Kyoshiro clone, but if he cares about his looks and is hot-headed enough to protect his beauty [that he gets from his mom], then that's a really interesting and cool trait. Imagine him as a human, he'd have long beautiful white hair, and kill anyone who dares ruins it LOL
I can totally see that in front of me XD

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Post by methpring »

Finnish Orion 28 was released today!

And we got new info about Masamune's scarf. Yamabiko says that it belonged to their mother, and that Masamune would gone insane without the scarf.
But earlier Masamune's owner Jin'emon said that it was his scarf...

My theory: Jin'emon is Masamune's mother! O_O That explains Masamune's hair...

Best manga at the moment: Moriarty the Patriot

My Ginga (and other) collections:
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Plot twist, Jin,emon gave the scarf to Masamune's mother and then she gave it to Masamune! XD
Last edited by Leomonade on Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Limonzy wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:54 pm Plot twist, Jin,emon gave the scafr to Masamune's mother and then she gave it to Masamune! XD
I go with that. XD
And maybe their mother has some hair on the haid too, that's why their mother got it to begin with when she became part of Kurohabaki and Masamune got it before she died, and the after the mother died, that's also when Masamune took over and their mother would never know.

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

methpring wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:50 pm Finnish Orion 28 was released today!

And we got new info about Masamune's scarf. Yamabiko says that it belonged to their mother, and that Masamune would gone insane without the scarf.

Masamune's scarf coming from his parents was already hinted at as early as volume 7, where he refers to it as "the scarf [he] inherited from [his] predecessor". Unless it's legitimately a retcon I assume it just means that Jin'emon originally gave the scarf to Masamune's mother, who then passed it onto her son.

As an aside, that exchange also finally puts to rest the "are Masamune and Yamabiko brothers or half-brothers" fan debate thanks to Yamabiko specifically saying it was their mother's scarf.

Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Digsu wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:40 pm
methpring wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:50 pm Finnish Orion 28 was released today!

Masamune's scarf coming from his parents was already hinted at as early as volume 7, where he refers to it as "the scarf [he] inherited from [his] predecessor". Unless it's legitimately a retcon I assume it just means that Jin'emon originally gave the scarf to Masamune's mother, who then passed it onto her son.

As an aside, that exchange also finally puts to rest the "are Masamune and Yamabiko brothers or half-brothers" fan debate thanks to Yamabiko specifically saying it was their mother's scarf.
If by that he means that she's their biological mom, then that means that Yamabiko isn't purebred?
icon by azzai
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Atha wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:55 pm
Digsu wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:40 pm Masamune's scarf coming from his parents was already hinted at as early as volume 7, where he refers to it as "the scarf [he] inherited from [his] predecessor". Unless it's legitimately a retcon I assume it just means that Jin'emon originally gave the scarf to Masamune's mother, who then passed it onto her son.

If by that he means that she's their biological mom, then that means that Yamabiko isn't purebred?
Yep. Though judging by the fact that Yamabiko and Terumune look markedly different from the characters confirmed to be purebred Kais, it's entirely possible that the Kurohabaki "Kais" haven't been pure for the past century or two.

Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

Yoshi couldn't be bothered showing us another female character XD Same with Bon's mother.
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Atha wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:48 pm

TELL ME ABOUT IT! It's one of the main reasons why i think the Ginga series went downhill after this! :tfw_sirius2:
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

What's the deal with Shirozaru, Muu and Rara?
I'm currently rereading GDWO and got a lot of questions.
First, what happened to them? Did they die or stayed with humans with Bellatrix or what?
And, most importantly, why couldn't the trio join Ohu army? Page 44 volume 2 they say that they weren't allowed to by their parents while previous generation (Akame) was still alive. Only when they thought Akame had died, they were allowed to go.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Kaiken wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 5:12 pm What's the deal with Shirozaru, Muu and Rara?
I'm currently rereading GDWO and got a lot of questions.
First, what happened to them? Did they die or stayed with humans with Bellatrix or what?
And, most importantly, why couldn't the trio join Ohu army? Page 44 volume 2 they say that they weren't allowed to by their parents while previous generation (Akame) was still alive. Only when they thought Akame had died, they were allowed to go.
They didn't die, as they show up in TLW. During GDWO, Rara stayed with his human owners so he could watch over Bella (whose human family lived nearby), while Muu and Shirozaru traveled with Orion.

The reason they couldn't join the Ohu army was because Akame, as part of his plan to end the Iga/Koga war for good, forbade the pups taken to humans and their descendants from ever becoming warriors. Shirozaru and his brothers/cousins/whatever their relationship is this week figured that the ban only applied while Akame was still alive, so once he was seemingly dead, there was nothing keeping them from joining the Ohu army anymore.

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

What would Orion look like with small pupils like Bonn and vice versa? I did a quick photoshop edit. :bon1: Image
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

Oh my :tfw_rigel1:
Bon looks so sweetly cute.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion”