Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Aram

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Aram »

Final Volume 22 is coming 29. March 2019.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Aram wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:16 pm Final Volume 22 is coming 29. March 2019.
Whoa, it's on my birthday! What a great prize ~ lol

ImageImage
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Dragon wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:13 pm
Aram wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:16 pm Final Volume 22 is coming 29. March 2019.
Whoa, it's on my birthday! What a great prize ~ lol
Well, it's one day after my birthday! 8D
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
RiKyy
Mentor
Mentor

Post by RiKyy »

Vol 21's back :D

My collection site: https://rikyy.weebly.com/
Check it :riki:
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

RiKy wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:09 pm Vol 21's back :D

Oooo! So many characters!
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

And a crappily drawn mega-pacifist on the spine
https://mobile.twitter.com/6LI5bN9EZ9S6 ... 56/photo/3
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Tsukitora wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:54 pm And a crappily drawn mega-pacifist on the spine
Oh, it's Sirius. XD

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

His head looks... squarish?

I hope the final volume will at least have a nice cover.
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Tsukitora wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:54 pm And a crappily drawn mega-pacifist on the spine
NOT MY PRECIOUS BOY :OUT:

Rocket isn't looking too great, either... he appears to have Hougen's giraffe neck and a rather protruding eyeball. :|
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

NOT MY PRECIOUS BOY :OUT:

Rocket isn't looking too great, either... he appears to have Hougen's giraffe neck and a rather protruding eyeball. :|
Hahaha! Reading GDW again now.. Really hurts my heart to see how cool Rocket looked before compared to the monster he became.
Image Image
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

Nice group shot on the back!
I won’t be getting this volume for a few weeks or more. I hope someone else may provide some written spoilers if they receive the volume soon XD
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Post by methpring »

I got volume 21 yesterday, so here are some things I like to mention. They are not in any particular order.

Spoilers!

- At the end of the volume, there is a commercial for the First Wars manga, coming in April!
- When Sirius takes the blow from Monsoon and seems to be dead, Weed actually cries and hughs Sirius.
- Orion completely owns Monsoon. The other dogs just surround the bear, and Orion goes flying around, slicing Monsoon with the sickle. Not fatally though, he just makes small slice wounds, like he is playing with his prey. Often Monsoon manages to run away, but always he gots surrounded, and Orion goes on with the slicing.
- It is clear from the start that Sirius is badly wounded from Monsoon's blow: he collapses many times, he is almost unable to walk and his breathing is hard.
- Monsoon is often crying, and at one point he calls for Shion, crying and asking if Sirius is alright.
- At one point, wounded Sirius and Monsoon have a brief talk, and Monsoon is crying, but the beautiful moment is ruined by Orion, flying and slicing Monsoon with the sickle.
- The volume ends when Akakama is about to move Sirius away from battleground, but Sirius seems lifeless. Both Monsoon and Orion startle when they hear Akakama shouting.

EDIT.

Oh, I forgot to mention that when Andy attacks alone, Monsoon gets very bad John flashbacks.

Best manga at the moment: Moriarty the Patriot

My Ginga (and other) collections:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I know I've said this so, so many times already, but once more, with clarity:

WHOSE SIDE ARE WE SUPPOSED TO BE ON HERE?!

It's clear that Sirius and Orion are meant to be the protagonists, but since they're clearly both off their rockers neither of them is really acting like the hero of the story. Orion is basically acting like Masamune and Yukimura are both trying to possess his body, making him as cruel as the two of them put together while also making him extra unstable, while Sirius is so utterly perfect and loving that the Pope called and told him to tone it down because he was making Jesus look bad.

There's having two sides to a conflict who are both morally grey enough that you could root for or oppose both, and then there's having two sides two a conflict who are both so unlikable you don't want to root for either.

ZackThePuppy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ZackThePuppy »

Digsu wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:34 pm Sirius is so utterly perfect and loving that the Pope called and told him to tone it down because he was making Jesus look bad.
That made me laugh XD But seriously, yeah, Orion has become a completely unlikable sociopath at this point and Sirius has become so sweet he's like the physical manifestation of diabetes. Honestly, I'm glad this manga is over. It was a wreck from start to finish.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

methpring wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:33 pm I got volume 21 yesterday, so here are some things I like to mention. They are not in any particular order.

Spoilers!

- At the end of the volume, there is a commercial for the First Wars manga, coming in April!
- When Sirius takes the blow from Monsoon and seems to be dead, Weed actually cries and hughs Sirius.
- Orion completely owns Monsoon. The other dogs just surround the bear, and Orion goes flying around, slicing Monsoon with the sickle. Not fatally though, he just makes small slice wounds, like he is playing with his prey. Often Monsoon manages to run away, but always he gots surrounded, and Orion goes on with the slicing.
- It is clear from the start that Sirius is badly wounded from Monsoon's blow: he collapses many times, he is almost unable to walk and his breathing is hard.
- Monsoon is often crying, and at one point he calls for Shion, crying and asking if Sirius is alright.
- At one point, wounded Sirius and Monsoon have a brief talk, and Monsoon is crying, but the beautiful moment is ruined by Orion, flying and slicing Monsoon with the sickle.
- The volume ends when Akakama is about to move Sirius away from battleground, but Sirius seems lifeless. Both Monsoon and Orion startle when they hear Akakama shouting.

EDIT.

Oh, I forgot to mention that when Andy attacks alone, Monsoon gets very bad John flashbacks.
Thanks so so much for this, Methspring!

Gosh... I actually feel really sad for Monsoon, hearing how sad he is... I guess he truly did care about Sirius after all.
This sounds like a pretty good volume, drama wise, so hopefully it's not a pain to translate (but I have a feeling it will be XD)

Oh no, I wonder if Akakama does something risky and that's why we don't see him at the end ... so he could join Sirius ;;

I was waiting for Andy to cause bad flashbacks though. Took Yoshi long enough LOL

ImageImage
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Dragon wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:58 pm
methpring wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:33 pm Oh, I forgot to mention that when Andy attacks alone, Monsoon gets very bad John flashbacks.
I was waiting for Andy to cause bad flashbacks though. Took Yoshi long enough LOL
I've also been waiting for that. XD

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

methpring wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:33 pm- Orion completely owns Monsoon. The other dogs just surround the bear, and Orion goes flying around, slicing Monsoon with the sickle. Not fatally though, he just makes small slice wounds, like he is playing with his prey. Often Monsoon manages to run away, but always he gots surrounded, and Orion goes on with the slicing.
It sounds like Monsoon isn't even trying to attack the dogs (which does seems likely from what we've seen) and if true, that is kind of sad - the dogs (or more like just Orion) are mercilessly attacking him and he isn't fighting back.

Trying to kill someone who has no will to fight and giving no mercy. That's our heroes, the Ohu soldiers.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Doragon wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:02 pm
methpring wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:33 pm- Orion completely owns Monsoon. The other dogs just surround the bear, and Orion goes flying around, slicing Monsoon with the sickle. Not fatally though, he just makes small slice wounds, like he is playing with his prey. Often Monsoon manages to run away, but always he gots surrounded, and Orion goes on with the slicing.
It sounds like Monsoon isn't even trying to attack the dogs (which does seems likely from what we've seen) and if true, that is kind of sad - the dogs (or more like just Orion) are mercilessly attacking him and he isn't fighting back.

Trying to kill someone who has no will to fight and giving no mercy. That's our heroes, the Ohu soldiers.
The heroes have truly become... the villains.
I hope whatever Yoshi does next touches on this. Ginga kept a good record over the years of not killing (at least all of gdw) so the fact they were all willing to should be an obvious plot point right?

ImageImage
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

So many Orion hating people... ;; I still love him, mainly BECAUSE he's a protagonist that's not afraid to fight and give enemies what they deserve, unlike Weed who figuratively hugs psychopath Hougen or Gin who lets a cannibal continue on to make new cannibal groups.
Lol, what Zack said about Sirius should be printed and put in frame xD I'm still laughing!
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Kaiken wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:20 pm So many Orion hating people... ;; I still love him, mainly BECAUSE he's a protagonist that's not afraid to fight and give enemies what they deserve, unlike Weed who figuratively hugs psychopath Hougen or Gin who lets a cannibal continue on to make new cannibal groups.
The hate towards Orion comes from the fact that he is a toxic person and extremely violent on top of that. He basically has all the traits to be a villain: he has no sympathy over anyone and all he wants to do is kill his enemies, no matter of the situation. You can like him all you want, but he isn't good and righteous.
At this point I've read almost whole GDWO and whenever I think Orion there, the first thing that comes in my mind is him running after someone (who Orion is trying to fight and kill ) and not listening anyone else (even when Orion's actions are ruining the plans of the good guys). That happens way too often in GDWO.

Weed's pacifist policy is fairly consistent, and evolves through GDW: Weed lets Sniper die when it seems that there's no way to change his mind, and lets Hougen go when he's basically lost everything - his army, his strength, his brother, everything. The victory over Hougen is more of a moral victory than anything: Weed's point is that if they kill him, they're no better than he is. Even Gin trying to "kill" Hougen was to test if Weed had what was required to be a leader: not just strength (which he proved to have by defeating Hougen) but also a righteous heart.

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”