GDW:O General Questions Topic

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion.
methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by methpring »

Flanoir wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:54 am
Kaiken wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:39 pm Masamune refer to his father hating someone who looks similar to his son. Who that might be?
''Maybe he denied me leadership because I look so much like those he hates''.
I don't think it's meant to be taken literally like there's someone specific, to me it's just about Masamune's unusual looks that make him stand out from his clan.
In Finnish translation it goes: "I'm not good enough for father, because I was born looking like this". So it points to that he just looks weird.

Best manga at the moment: Moriarty the Patriot

My Ginga (and other) collections:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Kasi wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:02 am
Kaiken wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:39 pm Masamune refer to his father hating someone who looks similar to his son. Who that might be?
Which translation was this?
Sounds similar to the first version I had but I later changed it to 'Father must hate me because I look different from everyone else' after some advice from Fanta :)

I don't think the line was very clear to begin with, but it makes sense in the way Masamune looks nothing like his father or brother.
Looking at the line in Japanese, it definitely looks like "Father hates me because my appearance is different from everyone else's".

imho he's talking about how he doesn't look like any normal dog, not just how he doesn't look like Terumune.

Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

Digsu wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:06 am
Sounds similar to the first version I had but I later changed it to 'Father must hate me because I look different from everyone else' after some advice from Fanta :)

I don't think the line was very clear to begin with, but it makes sense in the way Masamune looks nothing like his father or brother.
Looking at the line in Japanese, it definitely looks like "Father hates me because my appearance is different from everyone else's".

imho he's talking about how he doesn't look like any normal dog, not just how he doesn't look like Terumune.
But Masamune, your hair-do looks cool! :surprisegin:
Thanks Digsu!
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Making one wonder what breed and such his and Yamabiko's mother could look like.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Ah, good point! I only redownloaded some of newer versions.. :D
That must be it cuz Masamune really looks weird.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Whatever happened to Shuuto? You know - the only dog, besides Tesshin, outside of the bear hound and/or wolf line who can use a Battouga? :derpgin:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Shining Sirius wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:25 pm Whatever happened to Shuuto? You know - the only dog, besides Tesshin, outside of the bear hound and/or wolf line who can use a Battouga? :derpgin:
He's not the only one - he's part of a small squadron of Battouga users Tesshin trained after the "destruction" of the Ohu army.

As for what happened to him and his teammates... since they're not around during the final battle against Masamune's army or the entirety of TLW, despite probably being the single biggest asset to the Ohu army aside from the old veterans, I assume they just disappeared into the void.

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

I think they were annihilated by Masamune's troops?
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Digsu wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:10 pm He's not the only one - he's part of a small squadron of Battouga users Tesshin trained after the "destruction" of the Ohu army.

As for what happened to him and his teammates... since they're not around during the final battle against Masamune's army or the entirety of TLW, despite probably being the single biggest asset to the Ohu army aside from the old veterans, I assume they just disappeared into the void.
Oh really? That's actually quite sad - the idea of a sort of 'Battouga Brigade' consisting of pretty average looking young dogs could've been a cool addition to GDW:O considering that I find so much of the plot to be as dull as dishwater. You have to wonder what was going through Yoshihiro Takahashi's creative mind when he invented this potentially crucial plot point and then promptly forgot about it.
Kaiken wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:45 pm I think they were annihilated by Masamune's troops?
If that is true then that's a pretty tragic tale... those 'ordinary' dogs must've put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into being able to wield a battouga, only for it to prove fruitless against the Kurohabaki clan. That's kind of crushing. :(
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

A question I wonder, was Shirozaru's (and maybe even Muu's and Rara's) mother the adoptive daughter of Akame? Or real daughter?

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

I was wondering, since Yamabiko stayed with Ohu in TLW, was Kurohabaki disbanded or something?
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Flanoir wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:54 am I was wondering, since Yamabiko stayed with Ohu in TLW, was Kurohabaki disbanded or something?
As far as we know, no. They're allied with the Ohu army now, but they still exist as their own independent pack.

Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

Well, seems kinda risky for Yamabiko's leadership to just go and hang out with Orion in TLW then.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Flanoir wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:12 am Well, seems kinda risky for Yamabiko's leadership to just go and hang out with Orion in TLW then.
Him going to see Orion at the beginning of TLW was probably supposed to just be a short visit, hardly enough to make his subordinates restless, especially during a (supposed) time of peace. After the whole Monsoon situation came to light, he joined the war to help his allies, which is also nothing out of the ordinary for a leader to do.

Also the Kurohabaki members usually hang out around their homes/bases which supposedly exists in every corner of Japan, so they probably wouldn't even notice Yamabiko being away for a while, anyway. Though him not mobilizing his entire army to help fight Monsoon is a bit weird.

Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

I cant check myself now but where does Yamabiko currently live? Aka where is the Kurohabaki main base???
Yamabiko lived in Shikoku while in "exile". (When his brother took over) But the main territory where Masamune took over was somewhere in Miyagi right?
I'm mainly interested if Yamabiko lives close to Ohu or at the other end of Japan xD
Image Image
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Digsu wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:52 am
Flanoir wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:12 am Well, seems kinda risky for Yamabiko's leadership to just go and hang out with Orion in TLW then.
Him going to see Orion at the beginning of TLW was probably supposed to just be a short visit, hardly enough to make his subordinates restless, especially during a (supposed) time of peace. After the whole Monsoon situation came to light, he joined the war to help his allies, which is also nothing out of the ordinary for a leader to do.

Also the Kurohabaki members usually hang out around their homes/bases which supposedly exists in every corner of Japan, so they probably wouldn't even notice Yamabiko being away for a while, anyway. Though him not mobilizing his entire army to help fight Monsoon is a bit weird.
I think he did get his whole army involved though?
He came to meet his friends but when the news of Ohu came, he went to get his pack. (There was a point where Orion was angry he had to wait for Yamabiko to arrive, Sirius was getting Unkai at that point)
Image Image
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Huh?
Is Kawasemi YOUNG? They keep calling him a youngster in the finnish version of GDW:O.
Image Image
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Leomonade wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:36 pm Huh?
Is Kawasemi YOUNG? They keep calling him a youngster in the finnish version of GDW:O.
He probably is of second generation, much like Tesshin and Ken.
Favorites:
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

He was young, barley a year old if I remember right, in the flashback of Ben coming with Cross to Unsai.

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tora wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:28 pm
He was young, barley a year old if I remember right, in the flashback of Ben coming with Cross to Unsai.
Kawasemi is referred to as a puppy in the flashback, but his age isn't specified further than that. He looks like he could be 6-12 months old.

Since the flashback happened before GNG, Kawasemi would be... around 13-15 years old by the time of GDWO.

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion”