Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Gingastar »

SPOILER
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

Tsukitora wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:03 am On a more news-ish note, vol 22 cover’s up:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/銀牙-LAST-WARS-2 ... 453713898X

Not quite as spectacular as I had hoped, personally, but it’s understandable since Yoshi’s been on a bit of a hiatus. Although I have to wonder... is Sirius’s image with his back to the front supposed to be a implication of him still being all like “suck my ass, I was right and y’all knew it” even at/after his death? XD
SPOILER
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Honestly? I feel like this cover and volume 20’s cover should be swapped. Save for Orion not having the sickle with him in 20’s cover it does have Monsoon, as well as all the dogs charging towards Monsoon. Imo it feels more like a “final cover” than this one did.

I wasn’t expecting anything grand though tbh, so I’m not disappointed in any way. And I definitely DON’T hate this cover. Some problems with it? Yeah, personally. But it’s not a bad cover, not in my opinion anyway.

I think the colours used for it are very nice. Imo Orion’s orange and the color of the sky work very well together.
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

I like the cover... but too much butt. If it faded off at the tail it would look nice and not as awkward.
I'm very curious what the final back illustration will be.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

I kinda like this cover. And that we're seeing the back of a main character like this, I like that. XD

Now, just waiting for back and spine. Those are the ones I've always look more forward too. XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

My son looks FABULOUS on this cover! XP Seriously though, I really like this volume cover - it's nicely drawn and I love the starry backdrop.

But is anyone else getting tired of seeing Andy on these covers when he doesn't particularly do much in TLW? Same goes with Bon. I feel like it would make more sense to have Jerome, Akakama, Rigel, Akame or even Gennai on a corresponding volume cover. I honestly think that they've contributed more to the story than Andy at this point. Andy's just... there.
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

Swiggety swooty, Monsoon be coming for that booty XD

Jokes aside though, I actually like the cover. It's like a tradition in ginga for a soon to be dead character to look like that, maybe it's symbolising Sirius going to heaven? Whatever it is, it's cute :3
methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Post by methpring »

Sirius is so beautiful!

If Takahashi really is ending the whole Ginga saga with this volume, I would have liked to see something more epic, like the whole bearhound lineage or Ouu veterans. I put my hopes into the spine and backside images! Or even better, I hope that Takahashi continues Ginga saga!

Best manga at the moment: Moriarty the Patriot

My Ginga (and other) collections:
ZackThePuppy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ZackThePuppy »

A friend of mine just got volume 21 and it turns out Weed was not an emotionless robot about his son's death after all.
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

ZackThePuppy wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:31 pm A friend of mine just got volume 21 and it turns out Weed was not an emotionless robot about his son's death after all.
It makes me happy to see that.

I don’t like Sirius but I still would’ve been disappointed if his OWN FATHER didn’t react to his death.
The Gay Jackalope

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

ZackThePuppy wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:31 pm A friend of mine just got volume 21 and it turns out Weed was not an emotionless robot about his son's death after all.
:weed: Wake up... Sirius! Don't die before your father!

Ouch.

Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

:gdwjohn:
Digsu wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:35 pm

Ouch.
Holy shit that’s sad :c
The Gay Jackalope

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:35 pm

Ouch.
Okay... Weed, you won me over on this one... T_T
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Is this volume 21 or 22? :0 I thought Sirius died at the very end of TLW?

Unless this is after Monsoon just slaps Sirius into the sky and is when he got injured. Sorry if I'm mistaken :surprisegin:

Either way that's sad as heck. It's good to know he at least cares, it adds more to Sirius' death and Weed, who really has seemed like a robot throughout TLW.
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

Gingastar wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:08 pm

Unless this is after Monsoon just slaps Sirius into the sky and is when he got injured. Sorry if I'm mistaken :surprisegin:

Either way that's sad as heck. It's good to know he at least cares, it adds more to Sirius' death and Weed, who really has seemed like a robot throughout TLW.
This is right after Sirius was injured. He's still alive here, but I guess it was obvious to Weed that Sirius was fatally wounded

Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

FDQ wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:32 pm
Gingastar wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:08 pm

This is right after Sirius was injured. He's still alive here, but I guess it was obvious to Weed that Sirius was fatally wounded
Ah alright! I apologize then xD I misinterpreted it a little. Thank you!

Its still terribly sad. This makes me want to see more reactions about it, like Koyuki's reaction. Though we may never get that. :EMPTY:
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

I find it weird that Weed gets emotional when Sirius gets critically injured, but then looks at the sky when Sirius actually dies. :EMPTY:
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

fantachan wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:41 am
I find it weird that Weed gets emotional when Sirius gets critically injured, but then looks at the sky when Sirius actually dies. :EMPTY:
Maybe he saw the death coming since Sirius was so weak after being wounded, so the shock of it could had worn off a bit.
And who knows, some of the characters including him could’ve burst into tears just moments after the ending panel. Maybe Yoshi intended to include that but couldn’t due to supposed tendinitis or simply ran out of time.
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

That's a good point. I get the feeling that maybe Yoshi wanted to add more to it but couldn't for one reason or another. I think it would have been better had he drawn some tears on everyone in the final panel though, but I respect his situation all the same.
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

I like the cover but I'm so tired of Bon, Yamabiko and Andy being in the background.. It could be Sirius, Orion, Weed and Gin. All generations in one. Maybe Riki, Shiro and Sirius toghether in the sky. It would be so beautiful... ;n;
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”