Ginga Headcanons

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Re: Ginga Headcanons

Post by Dragon »

Kaiken wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:37 pm
Digsu wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:57 am
Alternatively...
Weed died during surgery and was replaced by a lookalike
Hidetoshi couldn't save Weed, but Daisuke knew that the Ohu dogs needed their leader or they'd be thrown into chaos. They scrambled to obtain a silver brindle Akita as fast as possible and brought him to Futago Pass, hoping the dogs wouldn't notice the difference.

Buuuut didn't Moss instantly recognize Gin's imposter by smell alone in the most recent volume?
Was it by smell? I thought he just needed a closer look. He got a nosebleed from the intensity of the moment, but once he turned to face him better, he played dead again. I assumed he probably tried looking for his 3 scars on his forehead. If not that, it's just from the power of friendship that he knew it wasn't Gin XD Like Digsu said, if Tokimune, Tony, and... Akame-substitute fooled people for years, then it can't be scent right?

ImageImage
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Dragon wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:17 pm
Alternatively...
Hidetoshi couldn't save Weed, but Daisuke knew that the Ohu dogs needed their leader or they'd be thrown into chaos. They scrambled to obtain a silver brindle Akita as fast as possible and brought him to Futago Pass, hoping the dogs wouldn't notice the difference.

Buuuut didn't Moss instantly recognize Gin's imposter by smell alone in the most recent volume?
Was it by smell? I thought he just needed a closer look. He got a nosebleed from the intensity of the moment, but once he turned to face him better, he played dead again. I assumed he probably tried looking for his 3 scars on his forehead. If not that, it's just from the power of friendship that he knew it wasn't Gin XD Like Digsu said, if Tokimune, Tony, and... Akame-substitute fooled people for years, then it can't be scent right?

Hmm, by the nose closeup panel it seemed as if he was sniffing the air. There's no way he could recognize Gin by face due to all blood. Well, Hougen didn't...

Digsu wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:19 pm
Alternatively...

True, but Tokimune managed to fool people for years so it's not entirely impossible.

I was thinking also of Tokimune, but he:
1. only needed to fool the lower rank soldiers, while officers (meaning, anyone who might actually recognize him) knew perfectly well about him,
2. kept his distance, avoiding any close interaction with troops.

So, Weed's bodydouble would be possible, but definitely not by human intervention. It could be only possible if, again, the officers agreed for it.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Tenrou24
Potential
Potential

Post by Tenrou24 »

Shion is a American White Akita and is cousin to the main Akitas by breed not blood. (Even though its confirmed he is related but id like to ignore that in favour of putting in an american akita)
Ex-staff member of the now closed Silver Fang Fanhouse. If you want any old media from it, please send a pm.

DVT Survivor ♥

Typesetter for GDW Volumes 21-23 https://www.gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=4869
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Kaiken wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:14 pm

True, but Tokimune managed to fool people for years so it's not entirely impossible.

1. only needed to fool the lower rank soldiers, while officers (meaning, anyone who might actually recognize him) knew perfectly well about him,

So, Weed's bodydouble would be possible, but definitely not by human intervention. It could be only possible if, again, the officers agreed for it.
Hmm, fair points. I think it'd be possible for the whole "why couldn't they smell the difference?" thing could possibly be excused as a plot contrivance, though that may be stretching it for the purposes of a silly headcanon (again, I personally prefer the "his brain's a bit scrambled" theory myself).
Tenrou24 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:29 pm Shion is a American White Akita and is cousin to the main Akitas by breed not blood. (Even though its confirmed he is related but id like to ignore that in favour of putting in an american akita)
Could Shion's father pass as an American Akita mix? That way there'd be a possibility for him to be part-American Akita while not entirely ignoring the canon :surprisegin:

Yes, Billy is referred to as a "European" in narration, but the term is also applied to Cross once (Salukis are originally from the Middle East) so it doesn't have to be taken literally.

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Digsu wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:50 pm
Kaiken wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:14 pm

Hmm, fair points. I think it'd be possible for the whole "why couldn't they smell the difference?" thing could possibly be excused as a plot contrivance, though that may be stretching it for the purposes of a silly headcanon (again, I personally prefer the "his brain's a bit scrambled" theory myself).
Tenrou24 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:29 pm Shion is a American White Akita and is cousin to the main Akitas by breed not blood. (Even though its confirmed he is related but id like to ignore that in favour of putting in an american akita)
Could Shion's father pass as an American Akita mix? That way there'd be a possibility for him to be part-American Akita while not entirely ignoring the canon :surprisegin:

Yes, Billy is referred to as a "European" in narration, but the term is also applied to Cross once (Salukis are originally from the Middle East) so it doesn't have to be taken literally.
Yeah, damaged brain seems way more plausible from the two.

Teeeeechnically it is possible for Billy to be akita mix, because the akita genes might just not show on him, since there is really no indication of akita in him. I'd bet on malamute/german shepherd thing mix.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

Pink Dragon was born male but identifies as female. She's also dating Red Bull.
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Astor
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Astor »

Troll Berserker wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:28 pm Jerome's helpers were trained as ninja dogs (the only reasonable way to explain them jumping trees).
Hello I LOVE this.
Following on from this, perhaps they were descendants of the Koga. Since they were Shikoku Ken, and it was implied that Koga were based on Shikoku Ken.
Thanks Troll, this is canon to me now 🤣
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Astor wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:47 pm
Troll Berserker wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:28 pm Jerome's helpers were trained as ninja dogs (the only reasonable way to explain them jumping trees).
Hello I LOVE this.
Following on from this, perhaps they were descendants of the Koga. Since they were Shikoku Ken, and it was implied that Koga were based on Shikoku Ken.
Interestingly, in GDWO it's said that only a few ninja dog clans know how to around trees. So them being descendants of the Kogas or Igas would actually make sense :THOT:

(although the Kogas being based on Shikoku Kens is pure fan speculation and Yoshi himself has stated they're an entirely fictional breed that may be an ancient offshoot of Kai Kens)

Astor
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Astor »

Digsu wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:11 pm
Astor wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:47 pm
Hello I LOVE this.
Interestingly, in GDWO it's said that only a few ninja dog clans know how to around trees. So them being descendants of the Kogas or Igas would actually make sense :THOT:

(although the Kogas being based on Shikoku Kens is pure fan speculation and Yoshi himself has stated they're an entirely fictional breed that may be an ancient offshoot of Kai Kens)
Then I guess I headcanon the Koga to be Shikoku Ken 🤣🤣
Nah I consider them to be ‘Nihon Ken mix’ personally but I do like the idea of them being Shikoku. Most of my ginga breed knowledge comes from years ago when people thought it was canon that they were Shikoku
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Bill is Sniper's father. It's what I thought at first I saw them first time xD
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

I headcannon Orion is purebred akita.
Favorites:
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Kyoushiro knows human attacks like kicks and punches because his parents were pets and lived with humans, but a disaster killed the family when he was a couple months old so his parents and the other pups had to flee into the forest.
icon by azzai
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

The "14 years later" that passes between GDW and GNG is in dog years, making it only 2 years.

inb4 "but Daisuke is older", Id rather have Daisuke grow like a wild beanstalk than all the dogs be past death age in all the sequels
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Wolpard wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:10 am The "14 years later" that passes between GDW and GNG is in dog years, making it only 2 years.

inb4 "but Daisuke is older", Id rather have Daisuke grow like a wild beanstalk than all the dogs be past death age in all the sequels
Uuuh, how exactly 14 years equals just 2 dog years? :o
Favorites:
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Kaiken wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:39 am
Wolpard wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:10 am The "14 years later" that passes between GDW and GNG is in dog years, making it only 2 years.

Uuuh, how exactly 14 years equals just 2 dog years? :o
One actual year is considered 7 dog years (dog years is a made up thing, i know, but people usually say 1=7 dog years).
2 "human" or actual years would be 14 "dog years". So when the manga/anime says 14 years has passed, its saying 14 dog years have passed, meaning only two years have gone by.
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

It's "only" 10 years in the manga but stiill too much. I also headcanon that the GNG-GDW time gap is a few years max.

Also:
* Sakura is not a Kishu, she's an AkitaxHusky mix
* Wilson is not a good guy at all. Just think about it - Akame was captured by Ben's owner but Ben set him free. Kurojaki was captured by Wilson's owner and I headcanon that Wilson was too loyal to his master and actualy mean to Kurojaki.
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Troll Berserker wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:20 am

It's "only" 10 years in the manga but stiill too much. I also headcanon that the GNG-GDW time gap is a few years max.

Also:
* Sakura is not a Kishu, she's an AkitaxHusky mix
* Wilson is not a good guy at all. Just think about it - Akame was captured by Ben's owner but Ben set him free. Kurojaki was captured by Wilson's owner and I headcanon that Wilson was too loyal to his master and actualy mean to Kurojaki.
Kurojaki wasn't captured by Wilson's owner. He was briefly "owned" by an unknown human at some point (the Koga dogs say it "took six months until he got [their] smell off of himself", so I'm guessing it happened at least a year before the events of GNG) and Wilson had never seen him until he and his family arrived in the area a month before the events of the series.

Tenrou24
Potential
Potential

Post by Tenrou24 »

In GDWOrion, keeping a semi-Yoshi style mixed in with what I would of liked to of happend..

Sirius' fighting style is the "classic bear-hound style," he learned to be patient with the Kamakiri brothers, accepting of others faults almost to a fault himself, forgiving, but harsh when he needs to be. Classic protaganist stuff.
Orion is hot headed, rash, and prefers to fight out differences rather than talk, but still understanding and kind deep down.
Rigel learned the fight with various Ninja techniques. Some from Akame and Tesshin (A mix of Koga/Iga styles) and some moves from Teramune who saved him. Doesn't like to speak up, keeps himself to himself.
Bella would prefer it if she didn't have to fight at ALL, she would rather discuss whats up and settle things that way. Very kind and sweet. But she can defend her self. Sticks up for pet dogs because she was one for a time and everyone thinks their weak.

I would of liked GDWO to follow each of them separately, gaining their different views and styles based on the people they were with after the eruption. Each defeating their own enemy and at the end come together to take down Masamune as one.

TLW
They siblings are all fine and happy with each other but Sirius and Orion and drifting apart because of their vastly different views. Sirius still thinks that should try and discuss things with Monsoon to stop further bloodshed but Orion wants to kill him outright. Rigel is the neutral party. Idk...maybe Bella went away to find Reika/Tonov/Kin/Tama

I felt like the 4 siblings should embody something about what makes Ouu..Ouu, they might be 4 different opinions/personalities but together they are Ouu??

Just a lil something I thought about idk
Ex-staff member of the now closed Silver Fang Fanhouse. If you want any old media from it, please send a pm.

DVT Survivor ♥

Typesetter for GDW Volumes 21-23 https://www.gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=4869
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Some of mine to start myself off on this thread;
  • Pink Dragon is Gaia’s Zan Warrior, Bobcat is the Ran Warrior, Red Bull is the Retsu Warrior and Mountain Bison is the Sai Warrior.
  • Kyoushiro sustains brain damage from getting his head smashed against a rock by Hougen, who is trying to replicate what Tesshin (and Shigure in the anime) did to Genba, and it is worsened after being clubbed by one of Shogun’s monkeys. This is why his personality traits (such as never hitting children and being a good swimmer) become unstable and his character used increasingly as a comic relief from the beginning of the Russian arc onwards.
  • Smith didn’t kill Lucy – she committed suicide. In the afterlife, she went to one of the Narakas (Hellish/Purgatorial plains of existence in Buddhism since the dogs are Buddhist somehow).
  • Saheiji died of a broken heart. His pack buried him next to Yukimura as he wished.
  • Maxim is gay.
  • Jerome suffers from depression.
Last edited by Shining Sirius on Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Having a headcanon on SSY:

The wild pack that Fubuki led in beginning:
Habu was their leader, but didn't knew about his subordinates attacking a baby human before a wounded Fubuki came (after being blamed for that baby's death). Then Fubuki became the leader and met a white akita in the mountain, and had Yamato. She died from disease, which is why Yamato strayed away and helped Ryô, and also that the old Habu had decided to leave and find a place to die. When Fubuki was going to get his son back, he only had 9 dogs of the pack with him, who were all shot to death before Fubuki finally was killed. Remaining was White Wolf and in honour of the Leader Fubuki, he made not a pack, but an army of more or less only white dogs. Specially after Black Satan joined after his owner's death. Some dogs joined him and became the Black army. After Black Satan's and the Black Army's deaths, they weren't seen for 3 years.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”