Ginga Smilies

Having issues using the board? Ask here! You can also suggest improvements and comment on current features.
Hyzenthlay Rose
Defender
Defender

Re: Ginga Smilies

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:24 pm

Rascal wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:13 pm
Guys, we need Oliver.

I want a Oliver smiley. There's really a need for a funny Dachs smiley for spamming irrelevancies on spam threads. :D
We have one xD

:oliver:
I don't wanna be BobSponge
I'M SEEING HAMILTON ON JUNE 26TH 2019!!!!!

Rascal
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Rascal » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:34 pm

Yep, I noticed. I somehow had missed it. :oliver:

Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Post by Tikikata » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:01 am

Arano wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:28 pm
Bob and Tenka are done. Kenshin will be next.
I didn't have enough space to be able to do Tenka's ear shape properly...
:bob: :tenka:

Lydia & Jeromes pups - do colour references for all of them exist? I kinda only want to do ones where we know for certain the colours so that I have something to follow.
Tenka looks amazing!!! <3

:belmond: :gama: :honou: :kurotora: :lloyd: :benizakura: :hyakkiga: :suiga: :whitetiger: :george: :ken: :kagetora: :unsai: :masamune: :gennai: :rigel: :orion: :sirius:

Dragon
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Dragon » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:37 am

:eyebrows: why LOL

I like the unique choice of characters here. Like Tyson! :tyson:

Gingastar
RPG Moderator
RPG Moderator

Post by Gingastar » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:43 am

I have a question about using Smilies on mobile.

I appear to be having a bit of a problem with them? Namely, when I have to open the page with all of the smilies to find the one I want. I can switch through the three pages of them with no issue whatsoever, but upon trying to close the window and go back to my post it doesn't seem to work, resulting in me having to just use the back button and not have the smiley I wish to use. I've noticed that the window makes a separate tab on my phone, meaning I can switch back to my post as it is a seperate window, but that also means that the smilies I pick still don't show up on my post, apparently.

Note that if I actually type the smilies name (": sirius:") I can work around things just fine. However, it doesn't help if I don't know the name of some smilies XD Or what the name is set as.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I hope this made sense? If not I can go into clearer detail.
Banner by me

Art by RefinedRaven

DeviantArt | Twitter | Tumblr

methpring
Friend
Friend

Post by methpring » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:00 am

Actually, we don't know for certain which one of the two is Tetsuo and which one is Akira. All the other pups are mentioned separately, but not those two.
My Ginga collections:
Team Sirius :sirius:

Kasi
Admin
Admin

Post by Kasi » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:46 am

It's kind of unfortunate we'll never know :(
I tend to think of the darker one as Akira, simply because it looks more feminine to me, and Akira can be a female name as well.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW: Volumes 20 and 21 now available!

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:04 pm

Tikikata wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:01 am
Arano wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:28 pm
Bob and Tenka are done. Kenshin will be next.
I didn't have enough space to be able to do Tenka's ear shape properly...
:bob: :tenka:

Lydia & Jeromes pups - do colour references for all of them exist? I kinda only want to do ones where we know for certain the colours so that I have something to follow.
Tenka looks amazing!!! <3
Thank you, I'm quite proud of his facial hair XD
Gingastar wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:43 am
I have a question about using Smilies on mobile.

I appear to be having a bit of a problem with them? Namely, when I have to open the page with all of the smilies to find the one I want. I can switch through the three pages of them with no issue whatsoever, but upon trying to close the window and go back to my post it doesn't seem to work, resulting in me having to just use the back button and not have the smiley I wish to use. I've noticed that the window makes a separate tab on my phone, meaning I can switch back to my post as it is a seperate window, but that also means that the smilies I pick still don't show up on my post, apparently.

Note that if I actually type the smilies name (": sirius:") I can work around things just fine. However, it doesn't help if I don't know the name of some smilies XD Or what the name is set as.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I hope this made sense? If not I can go into clearer detail.
I did a little test on my phone (Android, Chrome), and it does work but I can see how it's not obvious:
It does open in a new tab as you say, but when you tab the smilie you want, it actually gives no indication whatsoever that your smilie selection has been successful (no audible click or highlight to say you selected it). But it does actually register, and what you then have to is make sure you click 'Close Window' in the bottom left.
It'll close the window/tab, and in your reply box will be the smilie code you selected.

I was frantically tapping on mine thinking 'eh it's not doing anything', then when I tapped close window it took me back to my original tab with like 20 smilie codes in haha.

@everyoneelsebecauseIcan'tbebotheredtoquote

As for Jerome and Lydias pups... I had no idea one is meant to be female, I just assumed they were all male due to lack of eyelashes haha. I did look for hints in the actual Akira characters they're clearly named after (Akira and Tetsuo Shima) but there's nothing obvious that I can pick up on.

One possible way to be able to tell them apart - which I don't know if its possible myself as I don't have the manga where they're first introduced - is if they're first addressed together in the same sentence, and are also drawn within that particular panel. In theory they should be addressed in the order that they have been drawn. So if the pups were mentioned in a list form like 'Akira, Tetsuo...', then they would be drawn in order from right to left.
I can't even find my reference for this so I could be talking rubbish... but pretty sure I read that this is a standard thing for manga and comics so that people don't get confused about who is who when introducing a lot of names into a picture which you "read" the same way.

~ T H E O R Y ~ aside, I have enough colour info to go on now even I just do the pups that have the right names.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:30 pm

Arano wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:04 pm
@everyoneelsebecauseIcan'tbebotheredtoquote

As for Jerome and Lydias pups... I had no idea one is meant to be female, I just assumed they were all male due to lack of eyelashes haha. I did look for hints in the actual Akira characters they're clearly named after (Akira and Tetsuo Shima) but there's nothing obvious that I can pick up on.

One possible way to be able to tell them apart - which I don't know if its possible myself as I don't have the manga where they're first introduced - is if they're first addressed together in the same sentence, and are also drawn within that particular panel. In theory they should be addressed in the order that they have been drawn. So if the pups were mentioned in a list form like 'Akira, Tetsuo...', then they would be drawn in order from right to left.
I can't even find my reference for this so I could be talking rubbish... but pretty sure I read that this is a standard thing for manga and comics so that people don't get confused about who is who when introducing a lot of names into a picture which you "read" the same way.

~ T H E O R Y ~ aside, I have enough colour info to go on now even I just do the pups that have the right names.
Two females and rest males it was said in Last Wars. But who's the females is a question. XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera and Nokorde, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

methpring
Friend
Friend

Post by methpring » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:04 pm

Arano wrote:

One possible way to be able to tell them apart - which I don't know if its possible myself as I don't have the manga where they're first introduced -is if they're first addressed together in the same sentence, and are also drawn within that particular panel. In theory they should be addressed in the order that they have been drawn. So if the pups were mentioned in a list form like 'Akira, Tetsuo...', then they would be drawn in order from right to left.
The problem is, their names are mentioned for the first time few chapters after their death, and at that point their bodies have already been left behind and are never seen again.
My Ginga collections:
Team Sirius :sirius:

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:18 pm

methpring wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:04 pm
Arano wrote:

One possible way to be able to tell them apart - which I don't know if its possible myself as I don't have the manga where they're first introduced -is if they're first addressed together in the same sentence, and are also drawn within that particular panel. In theory they should be addressed in the order that they have been drawn. So if the pups were mentioned in a list form like 'Akira, Tetsuo...', then they would be drawn in order from right to left.
The problem is, their names are mentioned for the first time few chapters after their death, and at that point their bodies have already been left behind and are never seen again.
Haha bRILLIANT. I have an idea.

Edit:

Kenshin is doooone :kenshin:

Kasi
Admin
Admin

Post by Kasi » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:49 am

:kenshin: So Bootiful! :kenshin:
Thanks!
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW: Volumes 20 and 21 now available!

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:54 am

:kenshin: My :kenshin:

Simply amazing he looks! Great job Arano. ^^

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:54 pm

Since Benizakura's manga design is so different from his anime design, could it be possible to create a separate smiley for the manga design?

Banners and avatar by me

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:01 pm

Digsu wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:54 pm
Since Benizakura's manga design is so different from his anime design, could it be possible to create a separate smiley for the manga design?

And here you have more manga-coloured of him: http://ginga.wikia.com/wiki/Benizakura/Gallery
:benizakura:

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:07 pm

Digsu wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:54 pm

I updated the anime version and added a manga version :benizakura: :benizakuramanga:
I tried adding his scars but you couldn't really tell what was going on with his markings as a result, so I left them out.

Shining Sirius
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Shining Sirius » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:37 pm

Hi Arano, do you plan to do smilies of more manga characters in future? Maybe some Gaiden exclusive characters like Lonely Ron and Bull/Buru? Or from other mangas such as Anju to Jiroomaru?

Oh, and sorry to bother you with another question, but; is there a listing for all of the non-Ginga smilies (such as these: :heart: :sunny:)?
:heart: :sirius: I Love Sirius :sirius: :heart:

:riki: :gin: :john: :ben: :gdwcross: :moss: :akame: :terry: :hakuromanga: :mukonga: :thousanddragon: :gaia: :weed: :ken: :kagetora: :jerome: :saheiji: :akakama: :gdwokotetsu: :masamune: :monsoon: :bearchibi: :gama2: :jumbo:

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:25 pm

Shining Sirius wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:37 pm
Hi Arano, do you plan to do smilies of more manga characters in future? Maybe some Gaiden exclusive characters like Lonely Ron and Bull/Buru? Or from other mangas such as Anju to Jiroomaru?

Oh, and sorry to bother you with another question, but; is there a listing for all of the non-Ginga smilies (such as these: :heart: :sunny:)?

I haven't done any of these for a long while! If you want to request some characters please list them and I'll try to get to them.

There isn't a list of non-ginga smilies because this board supports phone emojis by default, it's not something I've personally added to the board apart from those standard yellow smilies :)

Shining Sirius
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Shining Sirius » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:37 pm

Arano wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:25 pm
I haven't done any of these for a long while! If you want to request some characters please list them and I'll try to get to them.

There isn't a list of non-ginga smilies because this board supports phone emojis by default, it's not something I've personally added to the board apart from those standard yellow smilies :)
I'd love to make them an official request in that case; Ron and Bull/Buru from Lonely Ron and Jiroomaru from Anju to Jiroomaru.

Ah, I see, thanks for clearing that up! That explains it since I always access GB via my tablet computer and not a mobile. Thanks again, Arano. :DD
:heart: :sirius: I Love Sirius :sirius: :heart:

:riki: :gin: :john: :ben: :gdwcross: :moss: :akame: :terry: :hakuromanga: :mukonga: :thousanddragon: :gaia: :weed: :ken: :kagetora: :jerome: :saheiji: :akakama: :gdwokotetsu: :masamune: :monsoon: :bearchibi: :gama2: :jumbo:

Kaiken
Friend
Friend

Post by Kaiken » Sat May 18, 2019 6:32 pm

We really need Trigger (the man who tried to kill Masamune when Mattheus was away)! His arc (as tiny as it was) was one of my most favorite of all Ginga.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :yamato: :madara: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger:
YAMATO4EVER

Return to “Troubleshoot”