Ginga Alternate Universes

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Re: Ginga Alternate Universes

Post by Dragon »

AlphaSpice wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:50 am
Dragon wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:11 pm An alt universe where Jerome does die while also killing Kaibutsu, so Weed has to go on without his professional assassin by his side from the start.
Ooo!! Interesting idea!

Would this also mean the borzoi brothers would succeed in capturing Weed later on, perhaps leading to an early confrontation with Hougen if he doesn't escape by his own merits before then?
Oh man! Yeah, it does mean that! Whoa, that'd be crazy... I wish we could see this!

ImageImage
frisbee
Recruit
Recruit

Post by frisbee »

An alternate universe where all the male characters are female, and the female characters are male.
:EXCITE:
Vegas and Atlas siggy made by Mako
Terrier
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Terrier »

An AU where Kurojaki doesn't jump into the fire, but instead has a change of heart and joins Gin's pack. Would be interesting as he'd have the only weapon in the entire clan to defeat the bears
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

An AU where pretty much everything's the same except there's gender equality cuz honestly it's all I want in life :fuji: :lenny: :ryo: :koyuki: :bella:
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Based on the volume I'm translating:
An AU where Weed and his group do fail to take down Hougen and he continues to run the land, but Kyoshiro's pup soldiers that got left behind succeeds in taking hougen and his army down instead.

ImageImage
AlphaSpice

Post by AlphaSpice »

AU where Sakura survived and got to travel with Weed and GB back to Ohu? Maybe we'd get to learn more about her and her relationship with Gin and maybe lead to some interesting shenanigans? ;w;
Friidu

Post by Friidu »

AU where Sirius is stillborn. Other three are fine. Weed takes it badly that only offspring of his who beared his and Gin's coat coloration died before birth. So Weed tries breeding with Koyuki but none of their other pups have the coat. So Weed begins breed with purebreed akita (favoring silver and brindle females) and finally he gets his wish. Because Weed neglects his first litter and Koyuki is most of the time pregnant, it's grandpa Gin who takes care of them. Gin also has take title of the leader because Weed is running around Japan screwing. One day Weed returns with his silver brindle pup. Gin finally have enough and banished Weed. So now pariah Weed is planning how to conjure Ohu, becoming the leader once again and making his golden son, Meteor as his heir.
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

AU where Cross has big, cool scars from the bear that attacked her (from when her owner ran off and left her behind)
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Gingastar wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:37 am AU where Cross has big, cool scars from the bear that attacked her (from when her owner ran off and left her behind)
y a s :EXCITE:
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Gingastar wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:37 am AU where Cross has big, cool scars from the bear that attacked her (from when her owner ran off and left her behind)
I don't get why she didn't sooner. Even Ben started to develop scars after his fight with Akakabuto in the wolf arc.... but then they vanished lol. I'm sure they didn't with Cross since she's a grilllll

--

AU where the characters are treated more dedicatedly and fairly like in TFW
Finally a world where someone as meek as Koyuki could even be cool

ImageImage
Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

Pretty sure that in an AU where Gin had come back to Daisuke but still met Sakura and Gohei was still alive, he wouldn't have selected Weed as a bearhound.
Friidu

Post by Friidu »

AU where the main villain of The Last Wars is ..... Orion.

Oh wait, that's basically canon.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Not so much an AU, but more like a different arc I wish existed: Seeing all the dogs in this 'Underworld' Jerome was brought up in. He doesn't have a fancy name to his assassin tag, but Sniper does... If Sniper got more street cred as an old crippled geezer than Jerome, then the dogs there are either realllyyy threatening, or reaaallyy ... bizarre and in need of checking out LOL

ImageImage
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

I'm not personally into alternative universes, but there is an alternative route for a certain point of the series I would have loved to see instead of the actual outcome:

At the end of GDWO, Weed banishes Orion and tells him to leave the paradise, and he is about to do so. Izou is also trying to follow him, to look after Orion when he is on his own out there. Izou also tells Sirius that he is the one to continue Weed's work as the leader of Ohu. This all is promptly forgotten when Masamune goes and does his suicide, and everyone acts like nothing happened with Orion.
What I would've loved to see in The Last Wars is a continuation to this plot point Takahashi threw out of the window. After a timeskip Sirius would have stayed in Ohu, working with Weed and Gin to learn all things he needs to become the next supreme commander. Meanwhile, Orion would be traveling all around in Japan with Izou on his side, and seeing the world without a war would help Orion grow past his violent and vengeful self and become a better person.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

YamaDora wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:39 am I'm not personally into alternative universes, but there is an alternative route for a certain point of the series I would have loved to see instead of the actual outcome:

At the end of GDWO, Weed banishes Orion and tells him to leave the paradise, and he is about to do so. Izou is also trying to follow him, to look after Orion when he is on his own out there. Izou also tells Sirius that he is the one to continue Weed's work as the leader of Ohu. This all is promptly forgotten when Masamune goes and does his suicide, and everyone acts like nothing happened with Orion.
What I would've loved to see in The Last Wars is a continuation to this plot point Takahashi threw out of the window. After a timeskip Sirius would have stayed in Ohu, working with Weed and Gin to learn all things he needs to become the next supreme commander. Meanwhile, Orion would be traveling all around in Japan with Izou on his side, and seeing the world without a war would help Orion grow past his violent and vengeful self and become a better person.
OMG q_q I'd love that! Thatd be so cool!!

ImageImage
methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Post by methpring »

YamaDora wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:39 am I'm not personally into alternative universes, but there is an alternative route for a certain point of the series I would have loved to see instead of the actual outcome:

It's funny how these kind serious decisions are forgotten so easily in Ginga.

Weed banishes Jerome -> after Murder is defeated, he just stays, and no-one says anything. (anime is different)
Orion proclaims that Sirius is no longer his big brother -> the first thing he says to him when they meet again: "oh, hi big brother".
Weed banishes Orion -> after Masamune dies, he just stays, and no-one says anything.

Ginga dogs seem to have some kind of short-term-memory-loss.

Best manga at the moment: Moriarty the Patriot

My Ginga (and other) collections:
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

methpring wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:23 pmIt's funny how these kind serious decisions are forgotten so easily in Ginga.

Weed banishes Jerome -> after Murder is defeated, he just stays, and no-one says anything. (anime is different)
Not going to lie, in my opinion the best change Studio Deen did with Ginga Densetsu Weed anime was to make Jerome's banishment a permanent change. It really added (by the standards of the series) a very unique layer to his character, and the way Jerome interacted with others while being banished was really interesting.

It's a shame that Takahashi just isn't good with long-term character arcs.

Also, I am already so invested with this alternative universe for Orion that I kinda want to make a comic out of it. I even have ideas what Orion would do while he's away from Ohu.
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

What's worse is that Jerome's character is now pretty much just a waste of space..
After the Hougen arc he pretty much just leaves the army to find a place to die?? Twice!! First at the start of the monkey arc and then again at the start of the Russian war dog arc..! Why couldn't he just be killed off in the battle if he has no purpose anymore?
Tbh I don't remember much from the hybrid bear arc.. only remember poor GB's sacrifice.
But in GDW:O he is shut in the mountain shed for most of the series and in TLW he is definitely back to his war seeking suicidal self. And even then he didn't die.. Yoshi really needs to let him go..!

I too would have loved to see Orion actually leave the paradise. It would have been really interesting if all the siblings grew out in different places. Sirius could have stayed in Ohu training to be the next leader, Rigel could have been trained by Tesshin and the Ninja dogs, and Bella has so many options open for her since she is hardly a character at all! She could train her fighting skills under Lydia, become a pet/hunting dog for Daisuke or Hidetoshi or even become Sirius's future adviser!
It really would have made TLW more interesting if all the siblings met up again after being separated for a year to save Ohu. The series could have been less about Sirius and Orion butting heads and more about the next generation trying to work together.
Image Image
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

YamaDora wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:57 pm Also, I am already so invested with this alternative universe for Orion that I kinda want to make a comic out of it. I even have ideas what Orion would do while he's away from Ohu.
I'd read it! 8D

ImageImage
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Limonzy wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:08 pm What's worse is that Jerome's character is now pretty much just a waste of space..
After the Hougen arc he pretty much just leaves the army to find a place to die?? Twice!! First at the start of the monkey arc and then again at the start of the Russian war dog arc..! Why couldn't he just be killed off in the battle if he has no purpose anymore?
Tbh I don't remember much from the hybrid bear arc.. only remember poor GB's sacrifice.
At the end of hybrid arc Jerome had finally found peace and accepted what happened to his followers (my guess is mostly because of Lydia...and then even that was taken away from him).

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”