Ginga Headcanons

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Re: Ginga Headcanons

Post by Kaiken »

Tora wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:21 am Having a headcanon on SSY:

The wild pack that Fubuki led in beginning:
Habu was their leader, but didn't knew about his subordinates attacking a baby human before a wounded Fubuki came (after being blamed for that baby's death). Then Fubuki became the leader and met a white akita in the mountain, and had Yamato. She died from disease, which is why Yamato strayed away and helped Ryô, and also that the old Habu had decided to leave and find a place to die. When Fubuki was going to get his son back, he only had 9 dogs of the pack with him, who were all shot to death before Fubuki finally was killed. Remaining was White Wolf and in honour of the Leader Fubuki, he made not a pack, but an army of more or less only white dogs. Specially after Black Satan joined after his owner's death. Some dogs joined him and became the Black army. After Black Satan's and the Black Army's deaths, they weren't seen for 3 years.
That's some really interesting story! A good Headcannon! :D
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Maxime's secretly in love with Gin and Victor can't handle it. He hated Gin for that.
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Friidu

Post by Friidu »

- Whole Orion and The Last Wars sagas are just nightmares of the Star Siblings and TFW is reality.

- I just finished reading Orion 29 and started wondering about Unsai's flashbacks about Cross. It's revealed that Cross and Unsai met after Cross got injured by battling Akakabuto and her owner cowardly running away. So Unsai definately isn't father of Cross' first litter. So I wonder since dogs in Ginga saga are smart as humans but pets and hunting dogs are breeded by humans anyway.

So what if the reason that Cross doesn't want to talk or any other mentioning about her first litter is not because she misses them but because she was raped by their father (hunting dog who didn't toke Cross' no for answer) and mostly just saw their monstreous father in them?
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Some more from my apparently extensive list of headcanons:
  • Bull/Buru (from Lonely Ron) has PTSD.
  • Billy (Zion's father) is a wolfdog.
  • Masamune would’ve grown up to be a warrior much like Bemu – whilst being insecure about his facial scarring on the surface, would’ve been a family-oriented ninja dog hospitable to those with good manners… if he hadn’t been mistreated by Terumune.
  • Sirius died of a broken heart and not the injuries caused by Monsoon.
  • Ron and Bull/Buru (both from Lonely Ron) are lovers.
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

I've posted this in other topics but since it's a headcanon I'm gonna repeat it here:

The First Wars takes place in an alternate universe where all four siblings grow up happy together and all four of them eventually rule Ohu together as a team.
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

So in the Russian dogs arc, there are these two dogs who, presumably by mistake, have different names in different chapters.

Pavlov/Sergei

Toli/Lukov

My headcanon is that the names are actually their first names and surnames and that they're some of the select few dogs in the Gingaverse who have surnames for some unexplained reason, similar to characters like Toubei and Kyoshirou. So their names are actually Sergei Pavlov and Toli Lukov.

And then a couple family headcanons:
-Mari is George's bastard daughter, which is why she seems to resemble Ben and Cross so much. George had a lot of time to have a one-night stand or two during his ten years of wandering around, after all.
-Junnosuke, who is half-Labrador and an excellent swimmer, is Swimmer's grandson.
-Koyuki and Kotetsu are, like Shirozaru and his bros, descendants of the Iga dogs that Akame took to live with humans, but they're themselves unaware of this. This is why Orion can learn ninja skills like leaping around trees and the bamboo sword technique so easily.

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Digsu wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:35 pm So in the Russian dogs arc, there are these two dogs who, presumably by mistake, have different names in different chapters.

Pavlov/Sergei

Toli/Lukov

My headcanon is that the names are actually their first names and surnames and that they're some of the select few dogs in the Gingaverse who have surnames for some unexplained reason, similar to characters like Toubei and Kyoshirou. So their names are actually Sergei Pavlov and Toli Lukov.

And then a couple family headcanons:
-Mari is George's bastard daughter, which is why she seems to resemble Ben and Cross so much. George had a lot of time to have a one-night stand or two during his ten years of wandering around, after all.
-Junnosuke, who is half-Labrador and an excellent swimmer, is Swimmer's grandson.
-Koyuki and Kotetsu are, like Shirozaru and his bros, descendants of the Iga dogs that Akame took to live with humans, but they're themselves unaware of this. This is why Orion can learn ninja skills like leaping around trees and the bamboo sword technique so easily.

These are great! I'd like to add my own headcannon on this one, saying that ALL dogs actually have surnames, they just rarely use them and most of them are after birthland anyways (kind of how old Prussian/German surnames worked like ''fon Hannover'' etc, meaning simply FROM the said city/region). I see ''Ben from Kofu'' or ''Ohu Gin'' the same way.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

Headcanon: The infamous "void" that characters disappear to is an actual thing. It was Gaia's last ditch attempt at revenge on those who opposed him, and with his last breath, he used his wolf magic to create a void that would absorb dogs at random, and then manipulate everyone else's minds so that they either forget about the disappeared dog or are given false memories. Is there a way to escape the void? Who knows...
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

-Wilson disappeared because he learned that he became a father, and after his loss because of Kurojaki, he decided to leave the army to help raise the pups in memory of those he lost. He never felt as strongly bound to the Ou army. Ram is one of his pups.

-Kyoushiro initially didn't plan on forming a pack of abused kids. While surviving alone and still months old, he stumbled upon neglected pups and took them with him, then saved an abused pup or two from their parents, and suddenly he found himself in the position of having to lead a small pack of kids|teens. And he was reluctant, because he'd spent his whole life being the youngest sibling, and now suddenly HE needed to be the big brother.
Then they all decided to make it their mission to save abused children. Most of his scars came from those pups' parents.
icon by azzai
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Atha wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:51 am -Kyoushiro initially didn't plan on forming a pack of abused kids. While surviving alone and still months old, he stumbled upon neglected pups and took them with him, then saved an abused pup or two from their parents, and suddenly he found himself in the position of having to lead a small pack of kids|teens. And he was reluctant, because he'd spent his whole life being the youngest sibling, and now suddenly HE needed to be the big brother.
Then they all decided to make it their mission to save abused children. Most of his scars came from those pups' parents.
That's a freakin' AWESOME headcanon. +_+

ImageImage
Ian
Translator
Translator

Post by Ian »

Mari is George's daughter with another Saluki from his loner days, which is why she looks exactly like Ben, Ken and Minnie.
Done.
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Mako wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:41 pm Mari is George's daughter with another Saluki from his loner days, which is why she looks exactly like Ben, Ken and Minnie.
THIS, but I believe she is more likely to be George's daughter with another non-saluki breed dog, because if her mother were to be saluki, there'd be higher chance for her to look like true saluki, which she doesn't.
Favorites:
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Adding a darker headcanon of mine this time:

Jerome never wanted kids and even mildly resents them.
Lydia was the one who wanted children, and Jerome, allowing his love for her to overwhelm him and not wanting to upset her by hesitating in making decision that should first be discussed healthily and mutually, simply agreed. As a result; he bears a weight of resentment towards his kids, having never had any desire to bond with them - simply wanting to keep his wife happy. This is why he, more often than not, is absent from the lives of his remaining children and never provides any sort of guidance for them (even after their mother and siblings have been murdered), usually allowing the other dogs to influence or scold them. He also doesn't particularly care that three of his six kids are dead because he only ever cared about Lydia and wanted to get revenge on Monson for her, not his kids.
:EMPTY:
JiiJoo
Recruit
Recruit

Post by JiiJoo »

Shining Sirius wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:34 pm Adding a darker headcanon of mine this time:

Lydia was the one who wanted children, and Jerome, allowing his love for her to overwhelm him and not wanting to upset her by hesitating in making decision that should first be discussed healthily and mutually, simply agreed. As a result; he bears a weight of resentment towards his kids, having never had any desire to bond with them - simply wanting to keep his wife happy. This is why he, more often than not, is absent from the lives of his remaining children and never provides any sort of guidance for them (even after their mother and siblings have been murdered), usually allowing the other dogs to influence or scold them. He also doesn't particularly care that three of his six kids are dead because he only ever cared about Lydia and wanted to get revenge on Monson for her, not his kids.
THIS
It will make so much sense
:bon: :bella: :maxim: :lydia: :aram: :pinkdragon:
*Insert Intresting something*
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Shining Sirius wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:34 pm Adding a darker headcanon of mine this time:

Omg this! I wouldn't be surprised this to turn out canon at some point!
I've felt like Jerome hardly cared about his pups since the start of GDW:O.. When the Ohu dogs try to escape, Jerome is only worrying about Lydia and not their kids at all..! And then his attitude towards them in TLW. If he does care about his children he sure has a weird way of showing it.
Image Image
Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

Yeah it seems very plausible. Though it's hard to differentiate between potentially legit stuff and what's a mere side effect of Yoshi's flawed writing. But it would be in line with Jerome's character IMO
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Limonzy wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:54 pm

Omg this! I wouldn't be surprised this to turn out canon at some point!
I've felt like Jerome hardly cared about his pups since the start of GDW:O.. When the Ohu dogs try to escape, Jerome is only worrying about Lydia and not their kids at all..! And then his attitude towards them in TLW. If he does care about his children he sure has a weird way of showing it.
I definitely feel it's canon. Jerome is one of the rare characters Yoshi is...sometimes, consistent with. Maybe he likes him and that's why he hasn't died yet.
In the moment of finding Lydia in his life, Jerome was told to find a reason to live. Lydia became that reason I guess. However, Lydia definitely comes from somewhere where the survival of their kind is important, so it makes sense if having kids was her idea and he just wanted to make her happy.

Even thinking about the Hybrid arc, Jerome says he has "someONE" he wants to protect as his reason for not wanting Lydia to fight the bear with them. Though she was clearly pregnant at this time (since Koyuki was and their kids were born together, right?), he only mentions one person.

Lydia is definitely his only focus and I wouldn't be surprised if suicide is back on his radar now that she's gone. Irresponsible parent, yes, but seems like one dedicated partner.

ImageImage
Bonisfab
Friend
Friend

Post by Bonisfab »

Some of mine:

Ron from GDW developed a crush on Jerome
I think it was odd that Ron changed all of sudden and helped Ohu army escape from the hunters. I believe he did it because he was impressed by Jerome's skills and immediately developed a strange feeling towards him that he couldn't even explain himself. He never figures out he actually likes Jerome and wonders why he keeps being so nice to him. He also feels some kinda jealousy when others are around Jerome and tends to side with him all the time.

Sirius is darker than Weed and Weed also has a scar from Yukimura
I still can't fully believe that they are identical. In the manga the only way to tell which one is which is by looking at their eyes and that can be challenging especially to the new fans. They should have some differences.
Weed's scar could remind him of Yukimura and the scar is really valuable to him. It's under his chin where Yukimura cut him while doing his attack on him. Weed is worried that someday the scar will vanish and he will lose the only thing that reminds him of his big brother. He really looked up to him and thinking of the scar gives him more strength to continue on like his brother who never gave up on his beliefs.

Bella is not weak. She is just underestimated because she's a female and has the same strength as her brothers
I believe if she got some training her magical bearhound instincts would slowly start awakening. While everyone has forgot about her she has been training really hard to protect her mother who is also stuck with her :EMPTY:

Orion is asexual
He seems like a guy who wouldn't care about love at all. So far all he has been thinking about is fighting enemies. It would be awesome to get scene where his friends are talking about love and partners and he's just standing there like "guys what are you talking about?".

Bon likes Orion
An old headcanon of mine. I can tell by how Bon acted towards Orion in GDWO that he must think of Orion as some kinda crush. He likes to be obvious about it and praise Orion loudly in front of everyone which makes the asexual Orion really confused. Orion has no idea what Bon is even doing and just thinks he's strange.
Image"We are the demon dogs!" Image
Team Sasuke :sasuke:
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Kamakiri killed any daughters and pups that didn't look like him
As how violent Kamakiri was, everytime his mate got pups, he killed the sons that didn't look like him, and killed every daughter. Till the Kamakiri Bros where born in same litter. And that it might been sisters to them that he killed as soon as they where born so they don't know about that.
This is why the Kamakakiri looks like pure Irish Wolfhounds, like their father, so much.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Hmm, I just realized an interesting paralel with how Koga dogs mirror GNG wolves.
Both Tesshin and Hyouma are heirs of really strong army that has ninja-ish abilities such as treejumping, leap-attacks, using tools, etc. They have several servant soldiers that look like the heir, just with pretty much no markings (if any, then they're all the same). Both Tesshin and Hyouma have hair tuft on their forehead and a one-eyed teacher who calls them ''young master''. They both have been raised by a foster father, because their original father is dead and they both have a rival enemy group of their kind (Iga and Dark wolf empire).

So, to the headcannon: ninja dogs are direct descendants of Hokkaido wolves. No wonder White Tiger is also part Iga dog.
Favorites:

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”