Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: Jump 50th Anniversary Jumputi Heros

Post by Kasi »

Digsu wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:35 pm Given the amount of art we've gotten from this game, should it get its own section in the gallery? Or should there just be a single topic for them all in the miscellaneous section?

I think in the merchandise section might work best? It would be awesome if you want to add them :)
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Digsu wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:35 pm edit: Kurojaki sprites!
Idle

Hurt

Attack
Oh my gosh he is too cute with his widdle sickle awwwwwwww hahaha.

Thank you for collecting so many images Digsu!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

I noticed the quotes sounding very familiar, so it's cool knowing where each came from!
Kurojaki's scythe..... thats so awesome how much dedication the game makers had to put time into learning about even such a forgotten series such as Ginga u_u!! I hope one day, they'll bring in even more dogs. Maybe even GDW at some point? Probably not but .. could happen! lol

ImageImage
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Okami wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:54 am I noticed the quotes sounding very familiar, so it's cool knowing where each came from!
Kurojaki's scythe..... thats so awesome how much dedication the game makers had to put time into learning about even such a forgotten series such as Ginga u_u!! I hope one day, they'll bring in even more dogs. Maybe even GDW at some point? Probably not but .. could happen! lol
GDW isn't really possible since its owned by a different company altogether - Shueisha, the owners of Weekly Shounen Jump, only own the rights to GNG and some pre-GDW stories like Kacchuu no Senshi Gamu and FANG, while Nichibun owns GDW and all later Ginga series.

I fully expect we'll get more GNG characters some day, but how soon depends on how frequently new content is added to the game.

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Digsu wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:36 am
Okami wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:54 am I noticed the quotes sounding very familiar, so it's cool knowing where each came from!
GDW isn't really possible since its owned by a different company altogether - Shueisha, the owners of Weekly Shounen Jump, only own the rights to GNG and some pre-GDW stories like Kacchuu no Senshi Gamu and FANG, while Nichibun owns GDW and all later Ginga series.

I fully expect we'll get more GNG characters some day, but how soon depends on how frequently new content is added to the game.
Whoa.. I had no idea. Well, that sucks, but GNG still has tons of cool characters to provide, so I'm excited!

ImageImage
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I cleared the GNG island, Snowy Mountain of Fangs and Lamentations (which presumably sounds significantly less silly in Japanese), and screencapped everything the (non-random) enemies said, here's the album of the whole lot. As with the previous quotes, the translation was mostly done by Google Translate and I mostly just edited it to make sense.

The bosses have some unique intro lines if you've got Gin (or, in one case, Ben) in your party, but since I haven't bothered leveling up any non-GNG characters, I wasn't able to see what they say if you don't have him with you.

FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

Digsu wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:45 am I cleared the GNG island, Snowy Mountain of Fangs and Lamentations (which presumably sounds significantly less silly in Japanese), and screencapped everything the (non-random) enemies said, here's the album of the whole lot. As with the previous quotes, the translation was mostly done by Google Translate and I mostly just edited it to make sense.

The bosses have some unique intro lines if you've got Gin (or, in one case, Ben) in your party, but since I haven't bothered leveling up any non-GNG characters, I wasn't able to see what they say if you don't have him with you.
Interesting! I'm only still at island 13. Still a long way to the Ginga island.

BTW, should I spend my rubies on a specific batch to get Ben and Akame or can I get them from any? Also, what element are Ben and Akame? Gin is blue and Smith is yellow, but I have no idea what the others are

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

FDQ wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:22 am
Digsu wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:45 am I cleared the GNG island, Snowy Mountain of Fangs and Lamentations (which presumably sounds significantly less silly in Japanese), and screencapped everything the (non-random) enemies said, here's the album of the whole lot. As with the previous quotes, the translation was mostly done by Google Translate and I mostly just edited it to make sense.

BTW, should I spend my rubies on a specific batch to get Ben and Akame or can I get them from any? Also, what element are Ben and Akame? Gin is blue and Smith is yellow, but I have no idea what the others are
Ben and Akame can be gotten from all the ruby packs and they're both red. There could be an event someday where you're guaranteed a Ginga characterin every x number of ten-packs, since events like that are pretty common in gacha games, but it's hard to say for sure. So it's up to you if you want to spend your rubies now or if you'd rather save them in case we do get a Ginga event someday.

FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

Digsu wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:54 am
FDQ wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:22 am

Ben and Akame can be gotten from all the ruby packs and they're both red. There could be an event someday where you're guaranteed a Ginga characterin every x number of ten-packs, since events like that are pretty common in gacha games, but it's hard to say for sure. So it's up to you if you want to spend your rubies now or if you'd rather save them in case we do get a Ginga event someday.
Kinda annoying they're both red. Would have preffered one of each color on my team. But who knows, new characters are added all the time

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

As part of Jumputi Heroes' New Year's event, we have a new and dapper Gin!

This event-only Gin appears to take inspiration from lion dances and is fittingly called "Shooting Star Dancing Lion Gin" (流星の舞獅子 銀).

As far as I can tell the differences between Dancing Lion Gin and the normal Gin are purely cosmetic and they share the exact same stats and abilities.

Dancing Lion Gin has a unique victory animation: he faces the screen, jumping left and right while the mouth on his lion costume opens and closes.

His Battouga also uses a unique midnight background during the charge-up screen. The attack animation itself also shows ethereal blue jaws biting the opponent, but that's an absolute pain to get a screencap of :EMPTY:

The New Year's event battles consist of a single boss fight against one of the event characters, chosen at random. Gin recycles his old "I'm Gin! Gin the tiger-striped bearhound!" line and also fights alongside a Koga dog for some reason.

It's probably worth noting that you get one Dancing Lion Gin for completing the first event quest which literally consists of just the boss talking to you, followed by automatic victory, so you the game actually gives you one of him for free.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

I love Gin in that suit!
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Almost forgot: Dancing Lion Gin's profile uses a different picture than normal Gin's profile. (the profile itself is the same)

Also here's a higher rez image of him in all his festive glory.

edit: Finally managed to get a decent screenshot of the biting animation during his Battouga.

Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Gin looks super cool!!
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Looks like as part of the 50th anniversary they are uploading all the episodes to youtube one by one?

Restricted to Japan so if anyone uses a VPN browser I'd be keen to know what the video quality is like!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... pp=desktop

Edit: Okay I'm a snail I've just realised they uploaded these in September and I just didn't know or forgot |D ignore me!
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Aww, Gin looks adorable in his Dancing Lion costume! :heart:

Also, those ethereal blue teeth could be the next advert for Colgate.
Remember kids; if you brush and floss then you too could have teeth like Gin! :DD
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Not really Ginga-related but I felt it was worth a heads-up: as part of Jumputi Heroes' first anniversary, they're running an event where you can get 10 free characters a day. The event ends on April 12th, but you can't do it more than ten times, meaning you can get up to 100 characters for free!

Considering that, as far as I can tell, it's identical to the usual "10 characters for 1000 Rubies" pack, and 1000 Rubies is ~30 USD/euros, that's a pretty nice bargain :derpgin:

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”