Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Tora »

Siriusoon! <3
Okay, them being together I admit is kinda cute. ^^;
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

Damnit TLW, stop Sirius and Monsoon so cute together :OUT:
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Shining Sirius wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:05 pm Also, I spotted an editing error: Andy is drawn twice on the page where it states that Orion started to act recklessly and I see it's not due to the overlapping pages either, since he is both at the front with Rigel and on the right flank with Akakama. :/
I'm pretty sure that's Jerome on the left and Andy on the right, but I don't blame you for thinking they look the same. XD
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

fantachan wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:04 pm I'm pretty sure that's Jerome on the left and Andy on the right, but I don't blame you for thinking they look the same. XD
Oh... you're right, Fanta. X_X
I think I just experienced a 'brain fart' moment and forgot that Jerome even existed for a moment. Can't see how, considering that the series could often get away with being titled 'Ginga Densestu Jerome' at this point, since he's one of the few characters that haven't taken a back seat in the least since Weed. :THOT:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

That chapter. Was freakin great LOL It felt so short but so worth it. One of the most unique Ginga chapters ever. To think a bear and dog would lick each other as friends and actually listen to each others' disagree and try to understand in GINGA... is just crazy.

Maybe when Monsoon inevitably revives in the next Ginga installment, he becomes a wise bear that considered Sirius' words and shares his territory after all. Orion catches wind of it and tries to get everyone to fight him again, but enlightened Monsoon refuses to. I dunno, there's so much possibilities and this chapter really shows the potential.

ImageImage
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

Me reading the chapter summaries:

:akame:
Known as ep or eraserplains, active on Bluesky and Tumblr
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Chapter 162 is up.
https://fantasscans.blogspot.com/2019/0 ... r-162.html

*Sirius nearly gets crushed by Monsoon*
Sirius: I knew it! We're real friends!

Sometimes I question how Sirius's mind works. :EMPTY:
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

fantachan wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:02 pm Chapter 162 is up.
https://fantasscans.blogspot.com/2019/0 ... r-162.html

*Sirius nearly gets crushed by Monsoon*
Sirius: I knew it! We're real friends!

Sometimes I question how Sirius's mind works. :EMPTY:
Thanks for the translation Fanta :)

Oh Sirius... :derpgin:
images.jpg
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

"You've lived all by yourself when you were young..."

He... he literally grew up with dozens of his relatives.

For the last time Sirius, you can't just pull assumptions out of your rear end and present them as facts :EMPTY:

YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Digsu wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:14 pm "You've lived all by yourself when you were young..."

For the last time Sirius, you can't just pull assumptions out of your rear end and present them as facts :EMPTY:
I think he meant it more like that Monsoon didn't have a parental figure or some older role model to guide him. The relatives Monsoon had were cubs like him: all on their own after their parents were brutally killed.

Also, am I the only one who like Sirius' speech here? He really tries to find the good in Monsoon and help him become better, even at the cost of his own life.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Oh Sirius...

Thanks Fanta for translating! ^^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

2 chapters in 24 hours?! You're spoiling us, Fanta. :DD

Ouch, I felt this chapter in my gut. I feel like I'm in the minority here who feels for Monsoon when he has a tantrum - trust issues can be very frustrating (I speak from personal experience), so it must genuinely add to the turgid melting pot of emotions when coupled with childhood trauma and an impending sense of danger. I can't imagine how that must feel... to just be starting to figure out your mental health problems and then to know that someone, or worse still; an entire army, is coming with the intention of killing you.
For the record; I don't class myself as having anything such as hybristophilia or autassassinophilia. I am aware that Monsoon has committed unforgivable deeds... but unlike his father, he's definitely not a thoroughbred monster. He definitely has... some level of conscience that sets him apart from Akakabuto.

I am still proud as a peacock of my pacifist son, by the way. :heart:
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

YamaDora wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:57 pm
Digsu wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:14 pm "You've lived all by yourself when you were young..."

I think he meant it more like that Monsoon didn't have a parental figure or some older role model to guide him. The relatives Monsoon had were cubs like him: all on their own after their parents were brutally killed.

Also, am I the only one who like Sirius' speech here? He really tries to find the good in Monsoon and help him become better, even at the cost of his own life.
Yeah he says that Monsoon had no one to guide him, meaning likely adult figures in his life.
icon by azzai
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Heh, that turn around.
Chapter before: "You're not a dog. You just look like one, but you're my pet!"
Chapter now: "HOW COULD I EVER TRUST A DOG LIKE YOU?!?!!"

This was an interesting chapter too. Sirius risking it all in his pain-absorbing ways just to prove a point. At least Yoshi remembered his past, unlike Tesshin's and Kyoshiro's.

ImageImage
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

YamaDora wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:57 pm

Okay, fair point.

I still don't understand why Monsoon apparently had zero attachment for said relatives, who he lived with for over ten years, yet he's friends with Sirius after a few months, but that's beside the point.

YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Digsu wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:46 amI still don't understand why Monsoon apparently had zero attachment for said relatives, who he lived with for over ten years, yet he's friends with Sirius after a few months, but that's beside the point.
...maybe that's because Sirius is the first to show him real empathy? It is Sirius' kind acts that make Monsoon hesitate, after all.
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

Monsoon's struggle with trust and anger issues are done pretty well. I guess now Orion has caught up this is where the final battle begins. If only Sirius and Monsoon had more time :o
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
minmaminma

Post by minmaminma »

I just find these chapters abrsurd. They are so...unreal. Overdone somehow. And still repeating the same. When I read the beginning of TLW and now the latest plot twists, I'd easely mistake them for two different mangas. I don't know.. Maybe I'm the moodkiller here but I'm not buying any of this. :THOT:
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

^ I get that, remember the Pass The Scythe arc? XD
:akame:
Known as ep or eraserplains, active on Bluesky and Tumblr
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Akame wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:33 pm ^ I get that, remember the Pass The Scythe arc? XD
I'd honestly rather not because that reminds me that TLW simultaneously has ridiculous amounts of filler (Pass the Scythe, Sirius Screams "FRIENDSHIP" at Monsoon Ad Nauseaum, Everybody Swing a Bamboo Stick Around) and a rushed ending, and that's a very, very sad combination indeed.

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”