Ginga Stage - Summer 2019 Tokyo, Kobe

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Re: Ginga Stage - Summer 2019 Tokyo, Kobe

Post by Regnant »

The full list of merch has been released!
https://www.ginga-stage.com/goods.html
Badges, trading cards, etc all typical of these stage plays... but with pancakes?! :D
Items (except the HardCC shirts) are only available at the event itself

DVD will be released January 2020
Image Image
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

That's some really good looking merchandise. :O
Loving the character badges and posters. Oh, and the print on that tote bag! :heart:
I may actually want to try those bearhound scar pancakes too. XP

It's also really cool of them to make an official DVD for the wider audiences who couldn't get tickets. Fingers crossed that this show is as good as it looks! ^^,
Mizzkie
Friend
Friend

Post by Mizzkie »

(Sorry to post here before my re-introduction, but I see that many of the members are people I know so I guess it's okay. *shrugs*)

Since I didn't see anybody posting information about it, I'll post details about some extra events exclusive to the weekday 19:00 shows.

-----------------

■7/9/19 (Tuesday)
Takayuki Miyauchi, THE SINGER OF THE ORIGINAL GNG ANIME SONGS will be having a mini-concert after the stage!!!!! :P4:

■7/10/19 (Wednesday)
Some actors and comedians who love Ginga will have a talk show.
MC:郷本直也 【ゲストスピーカー】なだぎ武、佐野大樹、八神 蓮、ギャラクシーコータロー
(Dunno who any of these people are. LOL)

■7/11/19 (Thursday)
Some actors who love Ginga will talk about their dogs. (Because "11" is a pun of wan-wan = woof woof)
MC:北代高士 【ゲストスピーカー】赤澤遼太郎、赤澤 燈、山田ジェームス武、中村太郎

■7/12/19 (Friday)
Takayuki Miyauchi, THE SINGER OF THE ORIGINAL GNG ANIME SONGS will be having a mini-concert after the stage!!!!! :EXCITE:
※It will be different from the Tuesday one.

-------------------

I don't see any rules concerning taking photos and videos, but it is highly likely that it will be forbidden.
If it's okay, I'll try taking some footage (though not the whole thing, sorry), but don't get too hyped about it. I'm on the second floor. :P

I'm going on Tuesday, and am still pondering whether or not I should go on Friday as well.
I'll decide after I watch it.

Hmmmm, I wonder if Yoshi will appear?
(I haven't checked comments/reviews/Tweets/etc from people who've already attended to avoid spoilers, so tell me if he already has.)
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

ah, Mizzkie! how exciting, I hope you have an amazing time! can't wait to hear your impressions on it!
avatar drawn by my friend YerLakar on twitter
sorry for my infrequent visits! am working on it
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

MIZZKIE!!!

Happy to hear you're going!!! Can't wait to hear about it! ^^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

I don't think anyone has posted this yet, but here is some footage of the stage play!

Looks like the humans just have normal actors after all. Or at least Gohei since he is the only one shown. Also is Kurojaki apart of Riki's pack at some point? Because he is hanging around him in the part that starts at 0:46, behind Smith and in front of what looks like Kurotora.

Also was this supposed to be a musical? I just heard stage play. They do seem to sing!

EDIT:
another! Looks like the Kai bros get a rap song together lol

I also have the impression they cut out Daisuke and I don't see any female actors so they maybe cut out Cross too :(
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Wolpard wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:48 am I don't think anyone has posted this yet, but here is some footage of the stage play!

Looks like the humans just have normal actors after all. Or at least Gohei since he is the only one shown. Also is Kurojaki apart of Riki's pack at some point? Because he is hanging around him in the part that starts at 0:46, behind Smith and in front of what looks like Kurotora.

Also was this supposed to be a musical? I just heard stage play. They do seem to sing!

EDIT:
another! Looks like the Kai bros get a rap song together lol

I also have the impression they cut out Daisuke and I don't see any female actors so they maybe cut out Cross too :(
Ooh, it looks awesome!

tbh I'm more curious about the fact that they apparently cut out Sniper than the fact that Cross is missing, especially since they do have Hyena. Will be interesting to hear how they handled that.

Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Digsu wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:36 am Ooh, it looks awesome!

tbh I'm more curious about the fact that they apparently cut out Sniper than the fact that Cross is missing, especially since they do have Hyena. Will be interesting to hear how they handled that.
Yeah, I noticed that too. I wonder if they just cut out the mutiny subplot all together? It makes sense, since they have to cut out so much to fit it into the time for a play, but also why have Hyena then? :THOT: (not that Im complaining about keeping Hyena because his costume is cute)
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Wolpard wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:38 am
Digsu wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:36 am Ooh, it looks awesome!

Yeah, I noticed that too. I wonder if they just cut out the mutiny subplot all together? It makes sense, since they have to cut out so much to fit it into the time for a play, but also why have Hyena then? :THOT: (not that Im complaining about keeping Hyena because his costume is cute)
Maybe they felt they needed another comic relief in addition to Smith?

Anyway, Regnant already mentioned the DVD coming out next January in her post about the merch, but here's the Amazon Japan link for anyone wanting to preorder it:
Click me

Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Thanks so much for sharing these with us, Wolpard. Everything honestly looks amazing! :heart:

Here I thought that if they were going to sing that they'd all be songs from the anime soundtrack, but wow; they've written new ones specially for the stage play! :O
Looks like these teasers are offering up new variations of the story. I like the idea of Gohei being the narrator and characters like John and the Kai brothers getting their own songs! :EXCITE:

Also, yeah, I was wondering too about Kurojaki... maybe he gets a redemption in this tale? :kurojaki:
I have to admit though that I am a little crestfallen that there doesn't appear to be a Cross or Sniper. :/ But it hasn't put me off hopefully getting to see it in full someday with subtitles. :heart:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tsuji Tsukasa (the author of First Wars) wrote about the play in his blog. Here's a Google Translated version of it:
Yesterday, my teacher Yoshihiro Takahashi at the work place called, "I got a ticket, I'm going! I'm going! Let's go!" I called out to the staff, "Ooh!" We have admired "the stage Ginga-Shooting star Silver-Aoi Hen" that the masterpiece's master work became the first stage ♪

(※ Because there is no such buzzing staff ♪)

Since the musical was the first time watching in life, I went to the theater with curiosity about what kind of world it was, but first of all, the audience!

As rumored, 90% are female customers! (,, ∀-σ) σ

The scent of the foundation that drifts in the hall has been breathed in so full of lungs as to say, "Even this!"

And the important stage! As I was not used to it, I felt uncomfortable with the song and dance of the handsome actor with the ear and tail of the dog in the early stage, but this was awkward as the story went on. I was drawn into (note: This was translated really awkwardly and he's actually saying he was drawn into the story, not that the costumes got more awkward as it went on)

So, the impression that I saw the stage is ...

interesting!

It is a story development that almost follows the original, but the tempo has also been finished with a structure that keeps you from getting bored all the time.

It was also a good accent for the actor's ad lib to enter in some places ♪

Finally, Takayuki Miyauchi, who sang the theme song of the anime, came up to the stage greetings and sang "Mgr. Silver"!

Personally, I was most moved, but "Young girls in the audience probably don't know (~~~);

I became a little uneasy.

The performance will be at the Galactic Theater in Tennozu until July 15 in Tokyo

July 20th and 21st will be held in Kobe.

You can always watch the "CATS" and "Lion King" musicals, but it's only a dog musical now, so please take a look if you have the time ♪

Oh, the Galactic Theater chair is a bit stiffer, and it will hurt if you sit for 2 hours, so it might be better to bring a simple cushion ♪ d (^ ^
The "90% are female customers" remark is pretty interesting, especially since the source material is a story aimed at young boys. Granted most of the cast being attractive young men might have something to do with that.

Also "Manager Silver" has got to be the best translation for "Nagareboshi Gin" ever.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Takayuki Miyauchi, 90% female in audience, and calling out on CATS and Lion King... I love this!
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Thanks Disgu!!
Isnt most of the fanbase female anyway? Even in Japan. At least as far as fandom goes lol.
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

I was there and I really enjoyed the show! It was an awesome show with amazing actors! I loved Smith's and Hyena's relationship 😂
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Raki wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:45 am I was there and I really enjoyed the show! It was an awesome show with amazing actors! I loved Smith's and Hyena's relationship 😂
Awesome! :D
I gotta ask... what did they do for Akakabuto?
Image Image
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Regnant wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:32 pm
Raki wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:45 am I was there and I really enjoyed the show! It was an awesome show with amazing actors! I loved Smith's and Hyena's relationship 😂
There were three person, two person holding an arm each and one Akakabuto's head! They were made of similar steel pipes. And other was arms with big claws. The person with head was standing on the top and arms down on the floor and fighting the dogs. And they even had a huge carpet alike over the scene, just like a cinema. And there they had Akakaboto's face, eyes and claws. It was so cool!!!!! 😍

I also bought bags and plastic files. Never got scar alike cakes, they were sold out in ten minutes 😂

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Raki wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:23 am
There were three person, two person holding an arm each and one Akakabuto's head! They were made of similar steel pipes. And other was arms with big claws. The person with head was standing on the top and arms down on the floor and fighting the dogs. And they even had a huge carpet alike over the scene, just like a cinema. And there they had Akakaboto's face, eyes and claws. It was so cool!!!!! 😍

I also bought bags and plastic files. Never got scar alike cakes, they were sold out in ten minutes 😂
That sounds amazing!!! I hope a photo or video of him gets posted soon~
Image Image
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Regnant wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:48 pm
Raki wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:23 am

That sounds amazing!!! I hope a photo or video of him gets posted soon~
Really awesome it was. Gonna buy the dvd later! 😍 Nice to see a lot of ginga fans too!

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Raki it is so great that you were able to go and see it! I'm so pleased!
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Akakabuto sounds so cool! I can't wait to see a photo/video of him!

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”