Densetsu Hozon no Sho: Ginga Yondai/The Chronicle of Silver Fang

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Densetsu Hozon no Sho: Ginga Yondai/The Chronicle of Silver Fang

Post by Digsu »

Thanks to Tsukitora for mentioning this in the LOTPW.

A new Ginga book has been announced! Densetsu Hozon no Sho: Ginga Yondai (lit. "Legend Preservation Book: The Four Eras of Ginga"), or The Chronicle of Silver Fang, can now be preordered on Amazon Japan, with the release date being 9th of September this year.

According to the description, the book will contain "reprints of famous scenes with beautiful prints, special color pin-ups, character index, chronology of the story of Ginga, etc.", so it's apparently going to be a fact book à la Meteor Gin. It's going to cover Ginga Nagareboshi Gin, Ginga Densetsu Weed, Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion, and Ginga Densetsu Riki.

I just preordered a copy because I love me some fact books :tfw_sirius3: (and the color illustrations are definitely a bonus, too)
Last edited by Digsu on Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Re: Densetsu Hozon no Sho: Ginga Shidai/The Chronicle of Silver Fang

Post by Tora »

This looks very interesting! I long to see it!
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
RiKyy
Mentor
Mentor

Post by RiKyy »

Waaaaant it! :tfw_bella2: :tfw_sirius3: :tfw_rigel3: :P4:

Pre ordered! :D

My collection site: https://rikyy.weebly.com/
Check it :riki:
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Awesome! Though, I really don't like the cover :tfw_bella1:
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

Digsu wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:34 am According to the description, the book will contain "reprints of famous scenes with beautiful prints, special color pin-ups, character index, chronology of the story of Ginga, etc.", so it's apparently going to be a fact book à la Meteor Gin. It's going to cover Ginga Nagareboshi Gin, Ginga Densetsu Weed, Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion, and Ginga Densetsu Riki.
Surely it covers TLW too right? Hopefully the description is wrong. After all that's a TLW Weed and Orion used on the cover.
This is awesome though. Hopefully we will learn some new facts and I'll buy anything that has colour illustrations in it.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Kasi wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:13 am
Digsu wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:34 am According to the description, the book will contain "reprints of famous scenes with beautiful prints, special color pin-ups, character index, chronology of the story of Ginga, etc.", so it's apparently going to be a fact book à la Meteor Gin. It's going to cover Ginga Nagareboshi Gin, Ginga Densetsu Weed, Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion, and Ginga Densetsu Riki.
Surely it covers TLW too right? Hopefully the description is wrong. After all that's a TLW Weed and Orion used on the cover.
This is awesome though. Hopefully we will learn some new facts and I'll buy anything that has colour illustrations in it.
I'm guessing it's one of the following:

1) The description is wrong, as you suggested.
2) TLW is lumped together with GDWO, since the two take place in the same "era".
3) TLW was excluded because it's so recent (we don't know how long the book has been in development, so it could be it was originally conceptualized back when TLW was still ongoing).
4) TLW was excluded so they'd have more room the discuss the other series (or book, in GDR's case) while still keeping the page count reasonable. iirc TLW didn't have particularly outstanding sales during its run so they could have thought of it as a low-priority addition.

Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Hmm, that's an unusually gothic cover for Yoshihiro Takahashi. :tfw_aokabuto1:

I... kinda like it. :KRUMP:
Rusty
Victor
Victor

Post by Rusty »

Ooh this is nice! Looking forward to seeing some scans when this comes out <3
icon by dolan
methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Post by methpring »

According to Amazon, this will contain 412 pages!
:tfw_rigel3:

Best manga at the moment: Moriarty the Patriot

My Ginga (and other) collections:
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

methpring wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:40 pm According to Amazon, this will contain 412 pages!
:tfw_rigel3:
WOW! So maybe that explains why it perhaps doesn't include TLW? Sounds like this would have taken a long time to compile and was in the works for a long time!
Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

Ah, this is looking good!!

The cover design is simple - font aside - yet classy.
blivery
Potential
Potential

Post by blivery »

Bought it! :D

Can't wait to see what this book will reveal... Must be something good for that price! :tfw_bella1:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I'm glad the description mentions it'll have the chronology/timeline (the literal wording is "chronological table of the history of Ginga" so I'm pretty sure that means timeline) because hoo boy does this series need it.

Aside from that, there are two things I really hope it's going to touch upon:
Breeds. Almost certainly will be a feature, though whether it's going to be the Meishobu Retsuden route ("slap a breed on anything that moves on four legs") or Meteor Gin route ("breed not mentioned in story? then I don't frickin' know") remains to be seen. I'm hoping it's not the latter, though.
Ages. Gonna be honest, not going to hold my breath for this one. The timeline gives me some hope, but given how the character ages obviously don't stay the same from series to series it could be a difficult one to list. Unless they do something like "age x as of TLW" or "age z at time of death".

Given that the massive amount of characters in the series could probably fill 400 pages on its own, I'm also curious what characters are going to be in the character index (side note: the word "zukan" ("illustrated guide") always just makes me think of the Pokédex, so I'm super tempted to call this the "Gingadex"). I assume you need to have some significance to qualify, but who knows how significant you must be to not get left out.

Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

Oooh, I'm looking foward to see new info on Ginga and hopefuly some new amazing art! :D
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Looking forward for this! Gotta buy it too 😍
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Woah! Wonder how the back cover looks like! 😍
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

:derpgin:

Oof, that is an impressively thick book... surely all of that can't be Yoshi's artwork and character information? That is quite the ambitious project. Maybe this explains why Ginga Densetsu Noah has been a bit of a car crash thus far. :tfw_aokabuto1:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Shining Sirius wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:30 am :derpgin:

Oof, that is an impressively thick book... surely all of that can't be Yoshi's artwork and character information? That is quite the ambitious project. Maybe this explains why Ginga Densetsu Noah has been a bit of a car crash thus far. :tfw_aokabuto1:
iirc Meteor Gin and Meishobu Retsuden had about as many pages put together as the Chronicle, and MR only discussed the Kaibutsu arc of GDW (so basically it managed fill almost 200 pages based on only five or six volumes' worth of material). And the Chronicle is somehow supposed to fit three whole series' + one volume's worth of information in the same space.

I'll be honest, I seriously doubt it's going to be a 100% comprehensive book that includes every single tiny event and minor character, unless most of the information is conveyed through walls of text and tiny pictures. I'm really looking forward to the material we know is in there, particularly the color illustrations, character bios and the timeline, but I'm fully expecting that they've had to leave a lot of stuff out to keep it from becoming too long.

Ian
Translator
Translator

Post by Ian »

So, Ginga_Soul on Twitter posted a spoiler, characters have death or retreat next to their names.

There is no confirmed death or retreat for Joe. ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL US SOMETHING, YOSHI?!

https://twitter.com/ginga_soul146/statu ... 2530525187

E: LEGIT CURIOUS WHAT IT SAYS NEXT TO CHUTORA. And everyone else who fell into The Void
Done.

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”