Ginga Alternate Universes

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Re: Ginga Alternate Universes

Post by Dragon »

Limonzy wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:08 pm What's worse is that Jerome's character is now pretty much just a waste of space..
After the Hougen arc he pretty much just leaves the army to find a place to die?? Twice!! First at the start of the monkey arc and then again at the start of the Russian war dog arc..! Why couldn't he just be killed off in the battle if he has no purpose anymore?
Tbh I don't remember much from the hybrid bear arc.. only remember poor GB's sacrifice.
But in GDW:O he is shut in the mountain shed for most of the series and in TLW he is definitely back to his war seeking suicidal self. And even then he didn't die.. Yoshi really needs to let him go..!
Jerome definitely would of had a beautiful death in the manga if it was the same as the anime's...
I think Yoshi was going for Jerome wanting to keep getting into danger until he had a purposeful death [like the anime provided], but since he lived through the war, he continued to try living on the edge as a daredevil to find the next honorable death place. So, not so much suicide? But... I dunno. Not caring about his life as a person, but being a weapon put to good use. It's interesting to think about, since he's basically been that way all his life as an assassin but he changed it to do for good as a hero now.
It's upsetting he never got that ending he wanted, and even sadder now that he lost the person who made him give up that reckless lifestyle... Yoshi, just give Jerome a warrior's mercy.
:EMPTY: look at him. hes tired.

ImageImage
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

I have many idea for AUs, most of them being minor changes that don't change up the story overall. I really like these ideas, and would like to either write full stories about them or make comics but knowing me, that'll never happen lololol

I should mention that these AUs don't necessarily connect with each other.

I'll separate them by series:

GNG:

-Daisuke runs away from home and goes on the journey across Japan. He manages to survive by living off the land, plus Gin hunts for him from time to time. Although he can't talk to the dogs, Daisuke can almost understand them and their cause due to the bond he makes with them. He even gets Cross to trust him. :EXCITE: He joins the final battle, and returns home. To make it so he's not traumatizing his parents by leaving for 3 months, maybe this version of Daisuke is an orphan and he just hangs around the Fujiwara house a lot to see Fuji and bonds with Gin after he's born idk.

-Cross actually joins the final battle, and doesn't become pregnant with Ken, George, and Minnie until just before GDW. She gets some cool scars, and manages to land a good hit in in order to avenge her friends. Maybe she scalps Akakabuto or something, who knows.

-More wolves aside from Retsuga and Hyoma join Ohu after the wolf arc. They can be random wolves or other survives of the Wolf Arc who decide to join the dogs in peace. They later have offspring who show up as part of the GDW cast, and even Retsuga and Hyoma show up (and possibly die).

-Riki survives the final battle, while Gin dies due to taking the blow meant for Riki. Riki retires out of sadness for his lost son and lives with Daisuke's family after Gohei dies, and Ben is appointed the new Leader of Ohu. Weed, Joe, and Yukimura end up being the sons of one of Gin's brothers, who mates with another Akita, though they may have different names in this AU.

GDW:

-The time skip is only 5 years. Daisuke is about 18, and is studying in veterinary practices so that he can aid the wild dogs.

-Sakura doesn't leave Ohu and gives birth in the Paradise. Weed, Joe, and Yukimura are raised by their parents, and Yukimura goes off to run a separate branch of Ohu when he's older, fighting against Shogun.

-Kaibutsu isn't killed. Weed realizes that he isn't some mindless killer, and manages to convince Jerome (and possibly the other Ohu dogs) to show him the kindness that the humans refused to give him. Kaibutsu is hidden from the humans, and is eventually forgotten. He becomes a great ally to the Ohu dogs, and he and Jerome rebuild their friendship.

-Gin, Akame, and John don't leave, and there are no substitutes. They assist in defending Ohu from Kaibutsu and Genba's army.

-Tesshin trains in Ohu as the new successor. During Gin, Akame, and John's absence, he leads the fight against Kaibutsu, and there are no substitutes. He takes Weed under his wing and teaches him what he learned from Gin.

-Weed, Yukimura, and Joe are snatched up by an evil dog, and are trained to fight against Ohu. Weed, or possibly all of them, end up defecting.

-Teru keeps his new name as Kouta, and isn't forced by Kyoushiro to forgive his father.

-When Jerome is banished, those who leave Weed leave for good. Two factions end up fighting against Hougen, some following Weed's peaceful ideals, while others focus on the war aspect.

-Gin actually fights against Hougen instead of Weed.

-Yukimura is more than just "Hitler for monkeys", and understands who his real enemies are. Weed learns from him and becomes a better, wiser leader. Yukimura probably even merges his pack with Ohu.

-Joe isn't an abusive asshole.

-Jerome's character development remains consistent and he ends up finding a new purpose in life and isn't trying to kill himself every 5 seconds anymore.

-Koyuki and Weed don't end up together until after the Hybrid Bear arc, and Koyuki is pregnant months later.

-Weed puts his duties first during the Russian Arc and goes to help immediately.

-Koyuki studies in healing herbs so that she can assist in healing dogs during battle. This could go for other female characters as well.

-GB DOESN'T DIE.

GDWO:

-Kyoshiro isn't forgotten, and is wandering around somewhere having his own adventure.

-Shirozaru, Muu, and Rara have started a new Iga clan, and when they find Bella, they take her to the clan's territory and train her there.

-When Weed banishes Orion, he leaves for good with Izou and whoever else chooses to follow. They end up resenting Weed and possibly Ohu, as well, and set up a small faction that follows its own rules.

TLW

-Sirius is groomed into being Bob 2, and is eventually nothing more than a puppet being used by Monsoon.

-Orion grows into a mature male, and leads the army in Weed's absence along with Rigel and Bella.

-Zion brings his bear friends over to whip some evil bear ass and the Ohu dogs see that there are good bears. He also teaches Sirius bear-speak, but doesn't go with hum to chase after Monsoon for months. :EMPTY:

-Kyoushiro is actually like how he was in GDW and isn't beating up kids and being generally unpleasant. He takes Orion under his wing and helps him to grow as a male.

-Reika and co. don't disappear off the face of the earth.

In General:

-All the characters in the void are back and are properly involved in the plot..
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

JazzyJazz wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:20 am GDWO:

-When Weed banishes Orion, he leaves for good with Izou and whoever else chooses to follow. They end up resenting Weed and possibly Ohu, as well, and set up a small faction that follows its own rules.
I love this idea a lot +_+;;;;
TLW
-Zion brings his bear friends over to whip some evil bear ass and the Ohu dogs see that there are good bears. He also teaches Sirius bear-speak, but doesn't go with hum to chase after Monsoon for months. :EMPTY:

-Kyoushiro is actually like how he was in GDW and isn't beating up kids and being generally unpleasant. He takes Orion under his wing and helps him to grow as a male.
That would have been awesome! Even if they died shortly after joining the army, it'd be awesome for them to see bears could be trusted!

Let's be real here, Orion is SO Kyoshiro's little buddy type. A scrappy little kid with lots of guts? Kyoshiro would take that kid as a little brother any day! It's such a dumb move that he of all people would hate Orion. I think GB should have lived and been the one to find Orion as an annoying brat cause he's so used to Weed's good nature, while Kyoshiro and Orion become bros [and Izou still a father figure for him]

ImageImage
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

AU where Ken and Kagetora become adoptive dads to the cute little bear cub who was killed in the Hybrid Bear Arc. :ken: :kagetora:

Or, alternately, Hiro adopts him instead and the cub becomes a big brother to Hiro and Reika's pups. :hiro: :reika:
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

JazzyJazz> OMG I love ALL of these. This is literally a bunch of better plot ideas all in one <3
Somebody please make fanfics out of these.
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

<3 Thanks Troll! I’ve been thinking about making little fanfictions and stuff for a while now actually! :D
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

A GDW manga AU where Sniper is not some kickass assassin with metal legs, just a legless old man on a wheelchair that hangs around Hougen to see Ohu's fall.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Troll Berserker wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:46 pm A GDW manga AU where Sniper is not some kickass assassin with metal legs, just a legless old man on a wheelchair that hangs around Hougen to see Ohu's fall.
That's a good idea. Hougen allowed Sniper in the army despite being old and crippled and treated him almost as equal before he even knew Sniper had working legs. Pretty surprisingly nice of Hougen. I'd like to see what Sniper could do in that state!

ImageImage
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

GDN AU where, instead of Hyena, Noah is his fellow Weimaraner Batto.

Inspired by seeing Gin's radiant aura, he dedicates his life to helping puppies after Hougen's defeat. He has a particular soft spot for pups who are blind and teaches them to use their "mind's eye" like him.

Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Digsu wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:37 pm GDN AU where, instead of Hyena, Noah is his fellow Weimaraner Batto.

Inspired by seeing Gin's radiant aura, he dedicates his life to helping puppies after Hougen's defeat. He has a particular soft spot for pups who are blind and teaches them to use their "mind's eye" like him.
Y E S

Batto deserved so much better than the Void :batto:
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

AU where Reika succeeds to drown Hougen. No big final battle, Hougen is dead :v
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Troll Berserker wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:37 pm AU where Reika succeeds to drown Hougen. No big final battle, Hougen is dead :v
I love this. :tfw_orion1:
Hence, Reika then becomes the new leader of Ohu because girl power. :reika:
Speaking of Hougen; AU where he gets a redemption, becoming Weed's bestie after he stops Gin and the Ohu army executing him. :hougen: :weed:
Maybe he then gets killed either by Victor or the Hybrid Bear (instead of GB) protecting Weed in repayment for him saving his life?
JiiJoo
Recruit
Recruit

Post by JiiJoo »

AU where bon, yamabiko and andy doesn't exist
It's not that I hate them, I love this bois but I wished their roles were replaced with other pups.

In this AU those who were mentioned to be dead from Jerome's litter and Hiro's litter are actually dead, while the survivors accompany orion and the rest of the star sibs
:bon: :bella: :maxim: :lydia: :aram: :pinkdragon:
*Insert Intresting something*
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

AU where the Ohu army saved the pup soldiers (because let’s be honest, they’re a bunch of scared, traumatized kids living under a tyrannical regime) and Moss, Supreme Grandpa of Ohu, is charged with taking care of them. Sure, he was planning to go back to Kasumi Dake, but he’ll stay behind and raise a bunch of traumatized yearling wolves. Sure. Why not.
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

AU while everybody frigin' forgets about Koyuki and Bella's existence, some danger comes to their location so Bella and her mom have to bravely face it alone having some kickass adventures.
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

AU where Dandy Bill survives his defeat at the jaws of Bruiser but is severely injured and unable to fight again. He retires from fighting and lives happily as Shouko's pet/sled dog and makes several more appearances throughout Shiroi Senshi Yamato as a supporting character, providing emotional support and guidance to Yamato, Hayate, and Musashi. He's always cool, patient, kind, and dignified, but he and Jumbo get some funny interactions trying to show off and outdo each other before becoming an odd couple.
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

AU where Fuji comes to aid her husband and son in the final battle against Akakabuto. She’s a bearhound too, you know.
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

AU where Tesshin inherits Ohu as its proper heir. Whatever series he’s in in place of GDW focuses on his struggles as someone with a paw in two worlds, his disconnect with his birth culture, his father’s legacy, and most importantly, learning to stand on his own as leader.
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

I know GDN's only been going for 10 chapters or so, but AU where Orion goes and lives with Koyuki and Bella, and teaches them how to survive. And they they go and fight some bad guys or something, idk
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

AU where, through a series of character deaths (Riki, Ben) Cross is the one to inherit leadership of Ohu. She could be a regent until Gin or Chibi is old enough to take over, or she could rule in her own right.

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”