Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Shining Sirius »

Thanks blivery! :heart:

Finally, the pace has picked up a little. :upsidedown:
I genuinely hope that Joe's appearance in Orion's nightmare, and his little 'don't let the bullies beat you' speech, isn't going to turn Orion back into a bloodthirsty punk... :tfw_orion2

Also, I had a similar inkling to Mako when Joe showed up: he's definitely still alive and is the new Riki.
Meh, I never particularly cared for Joe, but resurrecting him might make for an interesting addition to the plot of GDN. Can't say I've been impressed by the Jyoshiro/Jerry Springer B plot thus far.

Edit: Holy smokes, Atha is right - I suddenly can't take my eyes off how small Boss Man looks in this chapter. :THOT:
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

As much as I appreciate the flashback of Joe, I’m not liking seeing yet another new white/light colored puppy appear. Why can’t they just have some missing characters return instead of just piling up on so many new ones!?
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Blivery, you are awesome for continuously getting us these new chapters. I'm very grateful for your efforts.
Tsukitora wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:43 pmWhy can’t they just have some missing characters return instead of just piling up on so many new ones!?
I mean...we got Hyena back. :'D

Say whatever you want about Orion's character, but for some reason I've always liked how Takahashi draws him. I don't know, just something about his design and the way he is drawn is just visually appealing to me, and it often feels like Takahashi puts more energy on to drawing him than on to the other characters.
I specially liked how he was drawn in this chapter as well.

And Joe...I think I said here at some point that I think it'd be cool if he returned. I'll take a flashback for now, as it shows that he is not totally forgotten and he had so much impact on Orion.
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

I really want Joe to still be alive. I was pretty miffed by his sudden "death" in GDWO, despite what Yoshi said. I was also thinking about that pup, what if it's Koshiro's? He's old enough to have kids by now and we never saw him die so this is gonna be my head canon until we see otherwise :tfw_rigel1:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I... I'm not going to lie, my first thought upon seeing the new pup was "oh boy, Hirota's ears have really mutated this time".

I actually kind of hope that's the case because do we really need another puppy with generic white design running around?
:tfw_orion1:

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

fantachan wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:23 pmThere's something unsettling about the top right panel on page 15... |:O
tried fixing it for Yoshi lol

Holy crap, Joe!?! Okay, I'm not too bothered by this one if he actually is alive. But... this officially means every character who 'died by water' has come back now. Riki, Joe?, Hyena [though his was combined with gutting], every character who had a fake out death in ravines like Rocket+Kyoshiro, Andy+Rocket, Jerome+Weed, etc.

Also, I freakin hate Big Boss's size changing so much. :tfw_sirius2:

ImageImage
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Chapter 14 is up.
https://fantasscans.blogspot.com/2019/0 ... er-14.html

This chapter confuses me so much.
SPOILER
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

"Orion had once again set off on his journey to reflect upon himself." So, um... whatever happened to the whole "going to get his mother and little sister" thing?

Also

I appreciate properly acknowledging Joe's existence for the first time since the first volume of GDWO, but aren't they... kinda forgetting something?

Like those big honking scars he had right there in the middle of his back? A symbol of his grudge towards the hybrid bears and the main way to differentiate him from Weed before he got his facial scars? Y'know, those itty bitty minor lil things?

The weirdest part is that you actually can see them on his back on page 9, yet he's somehow missing them in the shot that gives a very nice and clear view of his back.

Also his collar is missing, which is honestly forgivable since it's technically removable, and his face scars are also a bit wrong (the middle cut should go over his eye), but those are fairly minor grievances in comparison.

Honestly the more you look at it, the more that shot looks like a bootleg Gin than Joe himself.

werewolf
Potential
Potential

Post by werewolf »

Is weed finally gonna do something lol?
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Digsu wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:08 am Honestly the more you look at it, the more that shot looks like a bootleg Gin than Joe himself.
Right? the scar doesn't even look isn't even properly placed. they went over his eye, but in that shot they're more on his forehead than his eye.
Oh, or maybe it's just that middle scratch he got wrong. :tfw_bella1:

It's weird he's going back to copy stuff word for word, but not so well on the details. There were a few panels around the Orion scene that looked kinda rushed. Bad week, Yoshi?

ImageImage
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Thanks Fanta!

Wonder if the assistents forgot the details for this week? Maybe they fix it once it released in the volume
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Dragon wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:54 am
Digsu wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:08 am Honestly the more you look at it, the more that shot looks like a bootleg Gin than Joe himself.
Right? the scar doesn't even look isn't even properly placed. they went over his eye, but in that shot they're more on his forehead than his eye.
Oh, or maybe it's just that middle scratch he got wrong. :tfw_bella1:

It's weird he's going back to copy stuff word for word, but not so well on the details. There were a few panels around the Orion scene that looked kinda rushed. Bad week, Yoshi?
The weird thing is, as I said, Joe is very on-model during the dream sequence, yet somehow the individual shot is all wrong. I'd understand if it was the other way around - minor details getting forgotten during an action sequence would be understandable - but somehow it's the detailed shot where he's just standing around and posing where basically all the details are more or less wrong (both sets of scars, the lack of collar, even his eyes look far smaller than they're supposed to - basically the only thing that's spot on is his color).

It just... doesn't make sense.

FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

Sure it's a new puppy and not just Hirota again?

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

FDQ wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:39 am Sure it's a new puppy and not just Hirota again?
Wouldn't be the first time Hirota's ears have transformed... though admittedly they haven't changed this drastically before, especially since he does show up with his usual floppy ears at the beginning of the chapter.

Then again, the face and I think the tail are identical to his, so I'd honestly be more disappointed if this was a new character who's basically just Hirota with different ears than just Hirota with an incorrect design.

Unless it's another brother of his and Miho's who just conveniently hasn't been mentioned up until now.

Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Thank you so much Blivery and Fantachan! :tfw_bella2:

Wow, an interesting chapter. But he did draw Joe correctly in the first panel in the river. Probably editor's fault they missed the standing Joe. Who knows. Maybe they'll edit it for manga later.
But I would be so happy to see him alive!
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Digsu wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:48 am
FDQ wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:39 am Sure it's a new puppy and not just Hirota again?
Wouldn't be the first time Hirota's ears have transformed... though admittedly they haven't changed this drastically before, especially since he does show up with his usual floppy ears at the beginning of the chapter.
Though, wasn't there an earlier chapter where Hirota was drawn with pointy ears in one panel?
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Whew, fast work again, Fanta! Thank you! :heart:

Thank you too, Digsu, for pointing out Joe's lack of back scarring - I knew something about that panel of Joe was bothering me.

Hmm, another thing about that panel that's bugging me is Orion's statement of "If it weren't for his words, I wouldn't even be alive today"... does that mean that Orion feels he is a coward deep down? Maybe I'm just looking too much into this, but I do feel that Orion has a lot of unresolved childhood issues, which kinda stings considering how well he was getting along with Noah, Buna, Kogomi and the pups. :tfw_orion1:

Also, is it getting a bit much for anyone else that we are now 14 chapters in and still don't have a name for the suddenly-not-so-Goliath Goliath? :/
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Honestly at this point, I won't be surprised if the big dog ends up not having a name. The husky lackey did say that most of the Haguro Mountain dogs didn't have names. I was kind of hoping he'd have one though.
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

I just caught up with two latest chapters.

Kyoshiro then: "Don't cry Teru, I know you daddy is bad an you're scared but Ill protect you."
Kyoshiro now: "This kid is too terrified to tell me what's bothering him? Let's beat the shit out of him and call him a coward."

I'm glad Joe came out of the void of forgotten characters. It's a shame they forget how he looked like...

Is that Hirota at the end? His ears suddendly became pointy again?
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

fantachan wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:21 am Honestly at this point, I won't be surprised if the big dog ends up not having a name. The husky lackey did say that most of the Haguro Mountain dogs didn't have names. I was kind of hoping he'd have one though.
If that happens, I just hope they'll start using some some generic title for him so we can adopt it as his fan name like with Kaibutsu.

Though I guess he's pretty consistently been called "Boss" thus far, but imho I'd prefer something slightly less generic.

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”