Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Uru
Friend
Friend

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Uru »

I'm not fan of Joe, but I think it would have been lot more interesting if he would have returned and had lost his memory.
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

I also have no love for Joe, he is more or less a worse parent than Weed.
But if he DOES come back, I'd love him to be a villain!
It would be kinda the opposite of Hyena. Hyena/Noah was a coward most of his life until being with the Ohu army changed him.
Joe would most likely have lost his memories... but I think it would be even better if he had become evil without losing his memories!
Image Image
SaskedieJagerin
Adviser
Adviser

Post by SaskedieJagerin »

So many posts that I've missed! :tfw_akame:
Can anyone do me a quick recap? Last I checked, a gigantic dog had just appeared! :THOT:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

SaskedieJagerin wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:21 pm So many posts that I've missed! :tfw_akame:
Can anyone do me a quick recap? Last I checked, a gigantic dog had just appeared! :THOT:
The big dog and his gang are in control of a pack currently led by Hirota's mom and they kind of distrust the Ohu army because few of them (including Hirota's father and the pack's leader) left to fight Monsoon the previous year, but no one in the Ohu army's ever even heard of them, nevermind whether they're still alive or not. And Big Boi and his cronies (who apparently took control of the pack shortly after their actual leader disappeared) just hate the Ohu army because they're bad guys and they're contractually obligated to do so. Meanwhile Weed and Jerome are still looking for Miho's (who's been confirmed as Hirota's sister) dad and have just arrived in their territory on Mount Haguro, stumbling upon a puppy as they did (we're still not quite sure if it's a new puppy or Hirota with an incorrect design).

Meanwhile Orion's just left Noah and his pack to continue his search for his mother and sister journey to find himself or something, spurred by a dream/flashback of Joe sacrificing his life to save him in the raging river.

Also Kyoshiro still hates puppies, because that's apparently a thing now.

Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

I'm getting whiplash from nearly every character in these past few chapters, especially KJyōshiro

also, I noticed that Kogomi seems to have grown markings on his back weren't there at all before...like, never before

Image Image
avatar drawn by my friend YerLakar on twitter
sorry for my infrequent visits! am working on it
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Akame wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:51 pm I'm getting whiplash from nearly every character in these past few chapters, especially KJyōshiro

also, I noticed that Kogomi seems to have grown markings on his back weren't there at all before...like, never before

Image Image
Stuff like that seems to be happening a lot in this series (Noah had spots on his muzzle, now they're gone...Hirota's ears keep changing...The big dog seems to be getting smaller in every chapter...even Joe's back scar disappeared in one panel in the latest chapter.)
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

fantachan wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:41 pmStuff like that seems to be happening a lot in this series (Noah had spots on his muzzle, now they're gone...Hirota's ears keep changing...The big dog seems to be getting smaller in every chapter...even Joe's back scar disappeared in one panel in the latest chapter.)
oh wow, I hadn't noticed the big dog shrinking :tfw_aokabuto2: it's definitely disappointing.
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Akame wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:51 pm I'm getting whiplash from nearly every character in these past few chapters, especially KJyōshiro

Image Image
I think it's to better showcase that he's indeed a fox terrier, since some people have been mistaking him for jack russel.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Post by methpring »

I just noticed something interesting beetween TLW chapter 153 and GDN volume 1: their cover images are oddly similar.

Best manga at the moment: Moriarty the Patriot

My Ginga (and other) collections:
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

methpring wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:41 am I just noticed something interesting beetween TLW chapter 153 and GDN volume 1: their cover images are oddly similar.
:OUT: Holy crap that IS oddly similar

Just mirror image a previous cover and call it a day!
Beastface
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Beastface »

Oof, between all the recycled imagery, meandering plot, inconsistent character art and the rumors surrounding the abrupt ending of TLW, I can't fight this uncomfortable thought that maybe Yoshi isn't in good enough condition to keep up with the demands of a weekly published manga series, either for health or age reasons. I hope I'm wrong and it's all just lack of care instead of not being able to do better for whatever reason.
:tfw_sirius1:
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

methpring wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:41 am I just noticed something interesting beetween TLW chapter 153 and GDN volume 1: their cover images are oddly similar.
Oh dear...
:EMPTY:
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

The best part is.. that the GDN cover is a redrawn version of TLW chapter cover.
The GDN cover is more polished, the drawings are less wonky, just slightly different...
So they literally went and traced the older image. They did all the work of redoing an older image when they could have just drawn a new image. It's not that hard or time confusing compared to what they ended up doing???

*edit*

And then additionally.. they redrew the image but still left those random white gaps between the characters??? Just WHY?
Either they were in a crazy rush when editing the cover or this a proof that they just don't care about quality anymore...
Image Image
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

petition to have the ginga series retire following GDN or maybe take a hiatus for the artists/author relax for a while and get their energy back :tfw_aokabuto2:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Leomonade wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:36 pm The best part is.. that the GDN cover is a redrawn version of TLW chapter cover.
The GDN cover is more polished, the drawings are less wonky, just slightly different...
I realize this is probably a matter of opinion, but I think the GDN cover actually looks worse. Kurotora looks less like he's got a thousand-yard stare and Sirius/Weed's head and ears are more natural in shape in the original, for instance.

Though at least they did make Rigel look more serious and less like he's begging for treats.

Between this and the spine image just being ripped from the Chronicle, it's... not the best first impression, to put it mildly.

fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

I'm just disappointed at the cover's lack of originally.
Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

Curious to see if this is gonna be a trend or something. Though they'll run out of stuff to recycle eventually 😂
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

The similarity of covers might be intentional, as to showcase/underline the drama between the brothers... After all ch153 was an important one.

Regarding, GDN problems many people have been calling out: I think you're judging too soon. Hence the same-title chapters, I believe they are meant to be seen as single, giant chapters. Meaning so far we got only 2 chapters released, from which one isn't even finished yet. How about we give the series time to go on, and see what it will look like 5 or 6 volumes in?

Honestly, I can't believe some fans are really loosing hope that fast!
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Digsu wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:49 pm
Leomonade wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:36 pm The best part is.. that the GDN cover is a redrawn version of TLW chapter cover.
I realize this is probably a matter of opinion, but I think the GDN cover actually looks worse. Kurotora looks less like he's got a thousand-yard stare and Sirius/Weed's head and ears are more natural in shape in the original, for instance.

Though at least they did make Rigel look more serious and less like he's begging for treats.

Between this and the spine image just being ripped from the Chronicle, it's... not the best first impression, to put it mildly.
Ah yeah!
What I meant by less wonky was that the drawing for the cover clearly has cleaner lines and better anatomy.
They fixed the characters' mouths and markings, made Orion's snout shorter and his head rounder (also fixed his eyebrow spots), pretty much redrew Gin to be in model and saved Rigel's face hahah!
But you are right! I also prefer the more round ears Yoshi used to draw..!
Image Image
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Another thought just crossed my mind...
Does anyone have the Volume of TLW chapter 153 is on?
I'm curious if the image was redrawn for GDN or if the newer version is already in the volume print of TLW.
Image Image

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”