Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Tsukitora »

Mako wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:48 pm I feel like this news makes it extremely likely that Koyuki and Bella are gonna be dead by the time Orion gets to them.
I’mma be super upset when if this happens..
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Dude.....
Tora wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:26 pm I... I can't believe this... O.o
Same...
And what a cheap move on Yoshi's part to take back the kids all being sons just to turn around name one (who looks similar to the mother, yet again) princess.
Such a cute image that Reika and Hiro named two kids basically after themselves, but they're the ones who die!? And Tonov was my favorite of the kids, besides the son that looked like Lydia....

I'll just... be over here.
*sulks in corner*

ImageImage
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

He literally named them AFTER killing them, this is so absurd. How to make your audience not care about your characters dying 101.

Tonov had the best design, too...
icon by azzai
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

this is really sad... can't wait to hear the full story.
:akame:
Known as ep or eraserplains, active on Bluesky and Tumblr
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

fantachan wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:38 am I should also note that it's heavily implied that Yoshi pretty much wrote Tonov out of existence. In Chapter 146, Akakamakiri implies that Jerome has 2 kids left (I wrote "2 kids here" in hopes that we'd see Tonov again, but that seems extremely unlikely now).
Man, I hate being right. XD
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

fantachan wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:23 pm
fantachan wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:38 am I should also note that it's heavily implied that Yoshi pretty much wrote Tonov out of existence. In Chapter 146, Akakamakiri implies that Jerome has 2 kids left (I wrote "2 kids here" in hopes that we'd see Tonov again, but that seems extremely unlikely now).
Man, I hate being right. XD
I think it hurts me worse knowing that Yoshi remembered Tonov's existence just to kill them off. I'd rather have kept thinking up headcanons like we all do for Koushirou OTL

ImageImage
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Well, I feel like I just got served a big bowl of Disappointment-O's for dinner. :THOT:
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Shining Sirius wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:28 pm Well, I feel like I just got served a big bowl of Disappointment-O's for dinner. :THOT:
Let’s be honest, we’ve all just been served :tfw_orion1:
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Tsukitora wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:32 pm
Shining Sirius wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:28 pm Well, I feel like I just got served a big bowl of Disappointment-O's for dinner. :THOT:
Let’s be honest, we’ve all just been served :tfw_orion1:
It's just one big disappointment-feast and everybody's invited. :KRUMP:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I know I already posted this in the LOTPW but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised."

Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

As much as I love the Ginga series as a whole, I seriously hope that this is his last one. I was really hoping that Tonov would return at some point, why does Yoshi create characters that are directly related to the main cast only to have them be completely redundant? I'm so miffed by this :/
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Shiruba wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:18 pm As much as I love the Ginga series as a whole, I seriously hope that this is his last one. I was really hoping that Tonov would return at some point, why does Yoshi create characters that are directly related to the main cast only to have them be completely redundant? I'm so miffed by this :/
Yoshi has admitted himself that he writes by the seat of his pants, so he probably just decided on a random number of puppies and didn't plan it any further than that, just keeping them around in case he needed characters for something and making up their personalities and purpose as he went. For Tonov, Akahime, and Shirojirou, that purpose just happened to be dying to introduce a new villain (or at least I hope so and it's not just some random bear or other one-off threat).

Considering that Kin and Tama's and Sunny and Maru's purposes thus far have been being a walking testicle joke and being traumatized, xenophobic jerks respectively, I'd almost be willing to argue that the TAS trio weren't the ones who drew the short end of the stick here.

SeiRen1012
Recruit
Recruit

Post by SeiRen1012 »

Oh, Tonov.
I feel very sorry for Jerome, his brothers, and Unsai for having forgotten him.
Unsai should have reported their safety at least once, if they had, it's an unwritten part.

About the Hagurozan's Crow? (羽黒山のクロウ)
It is the huge dog that often appears in the story, and is thought to be the boss of the huskie.
But in episode 17, Husky resisted talking about her boss's name.

This is speculation, but Crow fought against the Ou army in the past (And of course, what we don't read, what we don't draw,).
If you mention the name, the Ou army might remember what happened and come to chasten them.
I thought that he might not have talked because he was worried about it.
Seiren
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Ah, so Crow IS BIG BOI's name!

That being said, I've made some corrections in the past chapters to incorporate his name.

I've also gotten off my lazy ass and fixed some other translation errors. Changes are in chapters 10, 12, 13 and 14.
blivery
Potential
Potential

Post by blivery »

fantachan wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:25 am Ah, so Crow IS BIG BOI's name!

That being said, I've made some corrections in the past chapters to incorporate his name.

I've also gotten off my lazy ass and fixed some other translation errors. Changes are in chapters 10, 12, 13 and 14.
Could it be that 羽黒山 (Hagurozan) is the big dogs name and クロウ just means "crew" and not "crow"? Or is 羽黒山 just the locations name?
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

blivery wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:59 am

Could it be that 羽黒山 (Hagurozan) is the big dogs name and クロウ just means "crew" and not "crow"? Or is 羽黒山 just the locations name?
Hagurozan simply means "Haguro Mountain", so it's just the place name.

edit: Also, while I'm glad we finally have clarification on his name, I feel like Crow is... kind of a weird choice. imho naming a giant red dog who apparently relies on brute strength to get his way after medium-sized, black birds known for their intelligence doesn't really fit.

also does this mean we can officially start calling his pack of baddies "murder"

edit #2: クロウ also seems to be the accepted katakana spelling of the last name Crowe, so that's another possibility, I guess.

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Digsu wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:16 am
also does this mean we can officially start calling his pack of baddies "murder"
Niiiiiice :EXCITE:

ImageImage
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

edit: Also, while I'm glad we finally have clarification on his name, I feel like Crow is... kind of a weird choice. imho naming a giant red dog who apparently relies on brute strength to get his way after medium-sized, black birds known for their intelligence doesn't really fit.

edit #2: クロウ also seems to be the accepted katakana spelling of the last name Crowe, so that's another possibility, I guess.

Interesting. If it wasn't for the ウ, and if it's been クロー, I would've thought Claw for his name as well
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Sketch-Shepherd

Post by Sketch-Shepherd »

I'm gonna miss calling him Clifford, but Crow is an interesting name I guess.
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

Sketch-Shepherd wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:07 am

I'm gonna miss calling him Clifford, but Crow is an interesting name I guess.
Crowford it is then

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”