Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Densetsu No Kage
Legend
Legend

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Densetsu No Kage »

Thank you blivery. Please do not feel too worried about getting us chapter 16, it will come when it does.

Yep that chapter image is pretty funny, but kind of sad at the same time? Mixed emotions for me I guess. Yes it looks like a campy romance novel or a sappy poster for a film from the 40's, but Reika doesn't know Hiro's dead yet. Even though Hiro sometimes acted like a dummy and Reika yelled at him for his vulgarity I still think they really loved each other. If she reacted this way to loosing two of her kids and a family friend, I can't imagine what she'll be like when she hears of her husband's death. Maybe that's why Orion is not responding to Kin at the moment, maybe he wants to tell him in private?

Gotta love how much Kin and Tama love their Mama, I've always loved how affectionate they are with her. Man I have no doubt that if the Ohu army teamed up with who they have in the area they could take these chumps. I mean it might be nice if Ken and Tesshin showed up too, but aren't they still with Noah? It looks like Hirota got curb stomped and his Mom just fainted. I don't think he's dead but he's probably gonna have some sort of lasting effects from that.
Member of the Ginga community since 2008
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

I'm in the lonely corner of being a fan of this chapter's image xD Why is it only chapter images that Yoshi work so hard on!? Hiro and Reika look really well drawn here and I really appreciate the effort.

Welp, at least Tonov properly got a gender now... Best son of Jerome's still to me << >>

Kagetora going into trees is pretty cool. The last time that happened was in the Hybrid arc, where he faced the hybrid face on in the trees I think. I'm realllyy tired of these clickbait chapter endings. Not everything needs extreme suspense. .-.

ImageImage
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Dragon wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:28 am Kagetora going into trees is pretty cool. The last time that happened was in the Hybrid arc, where he faced the hybrid face on in the trees I think. I'm realllyy tired of these clickbait chapter endings. Not everything needs extreme suspense. .-.
Oh, right, that's where he originally did that. The fact that he can climb trees comes up so rarely it's still a bit wierd when it happens imho.

Gotta make sure people keep following the series and making every chapter end on a cliffhanger is an easy way to do that. Even if it was established long ago that cliffhangers in Ginga never pay off and everything's revealed to be all right come next chapter, especially when it comes to death. Nobody ever dies unless it's the middle of the chapter (which is why I very highly doubt either Hirota or his mom is in any long-term danger here).

Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Thank you Blivery!!
Ohh an interesting chapter. I really like the chapter image. Hiro and Reika <3
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Despite what everyone said, and I agree, I still feel bittersweet about it.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
SeiRen1012
Recruit
Recruit

Post by SeiRen1012 »

I read 18 stories this morning.
Kagetora and the Crow fought.
Weed and others have arrived.
(The first is Rocket.)

Weed called himself the "Former supreme commander of the Ou army".
Seiren
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

SeiRen1012 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:10 am I read 18 stories this morning.
(The first is Rocket.)

“Weed called himself the "Former supreme commander of the Ou army"

Wait wut
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

(The first is Rocket.)

Wait, what? Why??
Well I can't say I'm complaining, he is a pretty bad leader.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Hyzenthlay Rose wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:49 am
(The first is Rocket.)

Wait wut
I'm guessing that either:

A) Weed is lying, possibly to make himself seem less like a threat to Crow's pack.

B) Weed stepped down sometime during the timeskip prior to GDN, possibly for his treatment of Sirius and allowing Orion to get to the point where he had to run away. Either the Ohu army is currently technically leaderless and Gin is temporarily serving as the supreme commander, like in the Russian dogs arc, or Weed has already named Orion his successor without him knowing. Which would be absolutely moronic, since actually telling the person you're putting in charge of the fact is generally a fairly important part of the process and Weed shouldn't even be aware of Orion's character development at this point, but it's not like Weed is known for his decision-making skills anyway so it's still a distinct possibility.

blivery
Potential
Potential

Post by blivery »

fantachan wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:18 am
(The first is Rocket.)

Wait, what? Why??
Well I can't say I'm complaining, he is a pretty bad leader.
There was a time he was a good leader... But that is loooong ago

:EMPTY:
VenFenrir
Recruit
Recruit

Post by VenFenrir »

Digsu wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:23 am
Hyzenthlay Rose wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:49 am
(The first is Rocket.)

Wait wut
I'm guessing that either:

A) Weed is lying, possibly to make himself seem less like a threat to Crow's pack.

B) Weed stepped down sometime during the timeskip prior to GDN, possibly for his treatment of Sirius and allowing Orion to get to the point where he had to run away. Either the Ohu army is currently technically leaderless and Gin is temporarily serving as the supreme commander, like in the Russian dogs arc, or Weed has already named Orion his successor without him knowing. Which would be absolutely moronic, since actually telling the person you're putting in charge of the fact is generally a fairly important part of the process and Weed shouldn't even be aware of Orion's character development at this point, but it's not like Weed is known for his decision-making skills anyway so it's still a distinct possibility.
Honestly I always thought that Weed being the Supreme leader of Ohu was kinda weird, mostly because he acts like an inexperience puppy (well he is for most of GDW, and is character remains very static for the rest of the series) and I hope Gin is the leader again for right now. With Gin this wasn't a problem because Riki was the leader for most of GNG, Gin only became the new leader because Riki died. Furthermore what see from Gin's leadership is mostly from GDW onward, where he is portrayed like your typical wise and powerful elder. I actually love this aspect of Gin's character, and so I'm always thrilled to see him temporarily take control of the army for whatever reason, but that might just be my nostalgia. I know that Gin did have some leadership from when he was a puppy, but it was either in side stories or in the less than canon wolf arc, and I still think he is a better leader than Weed. Having said that I prefer Weed as a protagonist (mostly because Gin was just standard protagonist, while Weed had his whole ideology thing) but I don't think he is a good leader. I wish he would have been left as more of a moral compass type character or backup leader while Gin retained his leadership, and the way he just threw it away too kinda bugs me. Yeah, I agree that killing your enemies isn't the right way to go about things, but that doesn't compare to the fact that Gin escaped Hougen and Sniper while near death. What is it with anime and always having the main character have to be the leader, Weed is just to coddled to fill that role.
"I beileve the reason I was born... was so that I could be here today" - Komugi
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

That... is interesting to know O.o
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Densetsu No Kage
Legend
Legend

A huge thank you to SeiRen1012 for giving us a brief summary of chapter 18. Wow Kagetora threw himself out there huh? Wonder what provoked that? Yay, Weed and the others showed up. Hopefully Crowe will start talking more now that the "not supreme leader of the Ohu army is here". Why would Weed say that, to trick him? That doesn't sound like him...maybe he's just being all humble, like "I am not a leader, we are all friends, we respect each other". Though he did make that faux pas with Joe's friends calling them Joe's "followers", but he did apologize for it. I'm not sure Weed would just hand over his title to an unstable Orion so easily either. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

Semi-off topic, but it's talked about here often enough what a hectic schedule Yoshihiro Takahashi has as a mangaka. :tfw_akame: Here's a sample of a WEEKLY mangaka, I imagine his is similar. Wish he'd go to monthly or even bi-mothly.
https://i2.wp.com/www.comicsbeat.com/wp ... C692&ssl=1
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Densetsu No Kage wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:48 pm Semi-off topic, but it's talked about here often enough what a hectic schedule Yoshihiro Takahashi has as a mangaka. :tfw_akame: Here's a sample of a WEEKLY mangaka, I imagine his is similar. Wish he'd go to monthly or even bi-mothly.
3 hours of free time a week??? Oof, that doesn't sound healthy. :THOT:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

fantachan wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:54 pm
Densetsu No Kage wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:48 pm Semi-off topic, but it's talked about here often enough what a hectic schedule Yoshihiro Takahashi has as a mangaka. :tfw_akame: Here's a sample of a WEEKLY mangaka, I imagine his is similar. Wish he'd go to monthly or even bi-mothly.
Not to mention the fact that he's been doing this for almost twenty years straight now, seeing how he's been working on the series near-continuously ever since GDW began.

It's simultaneously really impressive and kind of terrifying.

Densetsu No Kage
Legend
Legend

Yeah, especially if you're pushing 70 years old! Even though we all love/hate Ginga and Takahashi, I sincerely hope he retires after Noah or maybe switches to short stories.
blivery
Potential
Potential

Post by blivery »

Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Digsu wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:03 pm
Not to mention the fact that he's been doing this for almost twenty years straight now, seeing how he's been working on the series near-continuously ever since GDW began.

It's simultaneously really impressive and kind of terrifying.
It's terrifying, but indicative of the ruthless Japanese working culture, which literally kills people (through sickness or suicide).
icon by azzai
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Okay I know that the Japanese are infamous for their unflinching working culture, but that mangaka schedule is thoroughly concerning. :tfw_akame: Especially when, like Fanta, I noticed that that particular mangaka only gets 3 hours of free time, on Saturdays, and only 2 hours of sleep on Mondays, oh, and only 1 meal break on both of those days... I suddenly find myself worried about Yoshi's health. Surely no person, especially an elderly man, actively wants to work these rotas, right?

Also, thank you blivery for chapter 16! :heart:
So sad to see what's become of Reika and her pups. That's pretty heart-tugging watching Tama panicking and looking absolutely terrified while Kinta shields their mum... I swear if any more shit befalls this trio I might just have to sue somebody. :FLY:
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Chapter 16 is up.
https://fantasscans.blogspot.com/2019/1 ... er-16.html

I AM SKEPTICAL ABOUT THAT TITLE PAGE. :derpgin:

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”