Byakuren no Fang will be translated!

News and general discussion of topics that encompass all Finnish translations of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series.
methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Byakuren no Fang will be translated!

Post by methpring »

The news that Byakuren no Fang will be translated into Finnish has been announced a while ago, and now the Finnish name for the series has been decided. It will be "Taistelukoira Zero" (The Fighting dog Zero). There will be four volumes, and they will come out later this year.

I'm so excited about this! Now we need only Lassie and Shiroi Senshi Yamato, and all Takahashi's dog series will have a Finnish translation! I hope that they will be translated in the future, though I'm a little unsure about Yamato, because it's so old series and the violence in it.

Best manga at the moment: Moriarty the Patriot

My Ginga (and other) collections:
Tora
Legend
Legend

Re: Byakuren no Fang will be translated!

Post by Tora »

Sweet! It finally has a Finnish name! Even though Zero's a wolf, but still. I love it. Goes well with the Finnish title of Kacchû no Senshi Gamu: "Koirasoturi Gamu" (the Dog warrior Gamu). ^^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
dipinkki

Post by dipinkki »

Oh cool! 8) I haven't been too active purchasing Finnish translations other than GNG, or even done my research properly about what other series there are haha, but this sounds interesting. To me the name sounds a little tacky though?
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

Nice! Now if only Sweden and Denmark would pick up some of these aswell. Come on, fellow Nordic countries, follow in Finlands footsteps!

Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Love the title choice!!!
Image Image
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

FDQ wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:13 pm Nice! Now if only Sweden and Denmark would pick up some of these aswell. Come on, fellow Nordic countries, follow in Finlands footsteps!
If Scandinavia could cooperate somehow to make it happen! But at least it's a fellow Nordic country, in a language we don't understand. XD

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

I chucked the article announcing the name into google translate and it spat out:
Battlefield Zero
Google, sweetie that's a bit too much X'D

I think The Fighting Dog Zero is perfectly fitting though! The whole story is about him learning to and becoming a "professional" fighting dog, so... it's quite literally the most condensed summary of the series you can possibly have haha.

I wonder what some of the other suggestions were that lost out?
methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Post by methpring »

Arano wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:56 pm I wonder what some of the other suggestions were that lost out?
In Kaksoissola forum there were some suggestions:

Valkoinen lootus (White Lotus), Valkoinen lumpeenkukka (White Waterlily), Taistelususi Zero (The Fighting Wolf Zero), Valkohammas Zero (The White Fang Zero), Valkoisen lumpeenkukan soturi (Warrior of the White Waterlily), Valkoisen lumpeenkukan hampaat (Fangs of the White Waterlily), Valkoisen lootuksen hampaat (Fangs of the White Lotus), Lumpeenkukkahammas (Waterlily Fang), Lumpeenkukkanuoli (Waterlily Arrow), Zero - valkoisen koiran tarina (Zero - Story of the white dog), Tuomenvalkea Zero (Hackberry-white Zero), Taistelukoiran sydän (Heart of the Fighting dog), Suden hampaat (Fangs of the Wolf), Taistelukoira Zeron hampaat (Fangs of the Fighting dog Zero).

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

methpring wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:13 pm
Arano wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:56 pm I wonder what some of the other suggestions were that lost out?

Valkoinen lootus (White Lotus), Valkoinen lumpeenkukka (White Waterlily), Taistelususi Zero (The Fighting Wolf Zero), Valkohammas Zero (The White Fang Zero), Valkoisen lumpeenkukan soturi (Warrior of the White Waterlily), Valkoisen lumpeenkukan hampaat (Fangs of the White Waterlily), Valkoisen lootuksen hampaat (Fangs of the White Lotus), Lumpeenkukkahammas (Waterlily Fang), Lumpeenkukkanuoli (Waterlily Arrow), Zero - valkoisen koiran tarina (Zero - Story of the white dog), Tuomenvalkea Zero (Hackberry-white Zero), Taistelukoiran sydän (Heart of the Fighting dog), Suden hampaat (Fangs of the Wolf), Taistelukoira Zeron hampaat (Fangs of the Fighting dog Zero).
Awh the Hackberry flower one is quite a clever thought in it's own way, even though it's far from a Lotus flower!

Hm out of all those I like the sound of Valkohammas Zero the most actually even though it's a bit of a boring title in English XD thanks for pasteing the list over.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

methpring wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:13 pm

My faves would've been Taistelukoiran sydän (Heart of the Fighting dog), Suden hampaat (Fangs of the Wolf), Taistelukoira Zeron hampaat (Fangs of the Fighting dog Zero). ^^

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Tove
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tove »

Coming from someone who has never read or been even remotely interested in reading BNF, I'd be quite tempted to get my hands on a copy of Heart of the Fighting Dog if I ever ran into it in a book store. Now that's one heck of a name if you ask me :zero:

So many great suggestions though!
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

They should had put "wolf" on the title, a fighting wolf generates more curiosity than a dog.
icon by azzai
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Atha wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:51 pm They should had put "wolf" on the title, a fighting wolf generates more curiosity than a dog.
Hm I would disagree on this, though I do understand why people might be wanting that detail in the title but I'd like to offer my two cents on why fighting dog is better...

Zero being a wolf is just a detail for a plot device, it is not a true representation of the story itself. Zero being a wolf who can fight isn't what he is. It is a Fighting Dog that is Zero's named "profession" and what he purposefully trains to become. A "Fighting Wolf" doesn't exist in the context of the sport/the story, so having fighting dog in the title more correctly communicates the content of the manga.
caninesrock
Supreme
Supreme

Post by caninesrock »

I think they should have gone with the name Heart of the Fighting Dog or Heart of the Fighting Wolf. Those sound so awesome and really caught my attention. As for Zero being a wolf, I've never actually read the manga. Is he really supposed to be a wolf or is he a wolfdog cross? He really looks alot more like a dog than a wolf, especially when compared to say Fang from the FANG manga.
methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Post by methpring »

caninesrock wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:39 pm Is he really supposed to be a wolf or is he a wolfdog cross? He really looks alot more like a dog than a wolf, especially when compared to say Fang from the FANG manga.
Both Zero's parents are wolves, so Zero is a pure wolf. Takahashi's art is not always specific when it comes to dog breeds. Or wolves. In GNG, wolves have very large scale of colorings and markings. And, well, it's a manga. :derpgin:

methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Post by methpring »

In the newest Anime-magazine it was said that the first volume of Taistelukoira Zero would be released in 27.4. :zero:

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

methpring wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:49 pm In the newest Anime-magazine it was said that the first volume of Taistelukoira Zero would be released in 27.4. :zero:
Sweet!! Hope I can buy it! ^^

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

methpring wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:49 pm In the newest Anime-magazine it was said that the first volume of Taistelukoira Zero would be released in 27.4. :zero:
Yeeees, that's not far away either! Exciting :D
hedona

Post by hedona »

Tora wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:41 pm
FDQ wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:13 pm Nice! Now if only Sweden and Denmark would pick up some of these aswell. Come on, fellow Nordic countries, follow in Finlands footsteps!
If Scandinavia could cooperate somehow to make it happen! But at least it's a fellow Nordic country, in a language we don't understand. XD
HAHA I feel this so much, as a Norwegian i could easily understand danish or swedish - BUT FINNISH! I have noooo hope of understanding! SO happy thought Finland translates mangas like this! ^^, Thats amazing!
methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Post by methpring »

Volume 1 will be delayed, the new info says that it comes out in May, but no date has been set.

Return to “Hopeanuoli and other Finnish Publications”