Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by YamaDora »

Troll Berserker wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:29 am
Shiruba wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:46 pm If Reika did go with the Aka'ari, it'd be cool to see her pull off the same stunt that she pulled with Hougen when she pretended to love him then pushed him in the river.
Didn't she do it only in anime?
She does this in the manga as well. Not only that, but she actually tries to kill Hougen when they're in the river (but fails).
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

According to the last post of that Tweet, Crow shows up in the last two pages! I wonder what he's up to

ImageImage
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

I think it'd be a little tired if Reika did the exact same thing again but...it would be cool! Even cooler if she succeeded, but alas t'would be outlandish for a Ginga girl to be the victor in a face-off with the arcs main villain.
:akame:
Known as ep or eraserplains, active on Bluesky and Tumblr
Ian
Translator
Translator

Post by Ian »

No new chapter in the next issue
Done.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Thought I’d join in on this thread. I just want to share my quick reactions or expressions for each chapter so far. Here I go.
SPOILER
I enjoy GDN so far. I think it will definitely make up for that abrupt and bizarre ending to TLW. Thank you, Blivery and Fanta for the recurring work. You two deserve to have a long peaceful break.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Spirit Tree wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:34 pm Thought I’d join in on this thread. I just want to share my quick reactions or expressions for each chapter so far. Here I go.
SPOILER
I enjoy GDN so far. I think it will definitely make up for that abrupt and bizarre ending to TLW. Thank you, Blivery and Fanta for the recurring work. You two deserve to have a long peaceful break.
Your reactions to Noah and Jyoushirou are hilarious :tfw_rigel1:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

New chapter is indeed coming this Friday December 6 just as Blivery predicted. I have noticed it too. It does seem like every 8 chapters, the manga takes a week off.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Some stuff from this weeks chapter:
https://mobile.twitter.com/ginga_soul14 ... 6145696768

Now we’ve got two chapters to catch up on cx I hope we don’t fall too far behind!
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tsukitora wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:19 pm Some stuff from this weeks chapter:

Now we’ve got two chapters to catch up on cx I hope we don’t fall too far behind!
Looks like Orion has managed to cast off the demon Sirius's spirit for now.

There's a text box that says "Riki's blood within Orion was stirring again", but it's followed by "No, this was the blood of the real Orion..." So they finally bring back the "Orion is like Riki" thing in the one series where it looks like it might make sense, and then immediately go "on a second thought, no, it's just Orion." All righty then.

Also did Orion just Ningatou one of the bad guys? What kind of sense does that even make?

WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Digsu wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:17 pm
Tsukitora wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:19 pm Some stuff from this weeks chapter:

Looks like Orion has managed to cast off the demon Sirius's spirit for now.

There's a text box that says "Riki's blood within Orion was stirring again", but it's followed by "No, this was the blood of the real Orion..." So they finally bring back the "Orion is like Riki" thing in the one series where it looks like it might make sense, and then immediately go "on a second thought, no, it's just Orion." All righty then.

Also did Orion just Ningatou one of the bad guys? What kind of sense does that even make?
Well if Orion becomes "just Orion" again, then his development get's ruined. Considering that until now he has been unwilling to do anything that causes death or injuries, and if he reverts back to GDWO and LTW habits then it's wasted. As for Sirius i just hope he isn't dropped out of the story, since his death is clearly meant to be meaningful as it's what has made Orion reflect his past self. His death will also feel completely unnecessary too.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

New title for upcoming chapters:
凶悪赤蟻軍団 - The brutal Aka-ari army corps.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

I have sort of the same feelings. I sincerely hope Orion’s character development doesn’t get ruined.

Looking at the new images, I think Orion turning back into his usual badass self is very cool. But I’m still sitting here wondering, “What’s going on here?” “Falcon Kicking,” like Fanta said earlier, is one thing for Orion to save himself when he’s under attack by those Aka-ari dogs. But then to attack savagely with no signs of his character development continuing?

Orion is one of my favorite characters, but I hope he doesn’t change back into the madman that he was in TLW.

Here’s the thing. The reason Noah/Hyena is in this story is to eventually help Orion become a better character. I think this story will be about Orion learning to control his dark side and his light side with Noah’s help, or others’ help. Yeah, that’s it! Because everyone has a dark side and a light side. Learn to combine them together. That should make Orion develop into a better character. Then he’ll be more like Riki. So I’m still confident that Orion will find character development even with Noah’s help.
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

The fact that Noah has barely been in this series throws me back to all of our "gets his own series ... it isn't even about him" memes about Ginga Densestu Akame 😂
:akame:
Known as ep or eraserplains, active on Bluesky and Tumblr
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

I really don’t think Orion’s development will be set back simply because he fought in this chapter and it said “this was the blood of the real Orion”, especially permanently. He kinda has no choice but to fight here(?). I also can’t see Sirius being dropped from the story.

Interesting developments it seems! Always up for a chapter for fighting action in it!
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Avatar by Kasi | Kin banner by Sandatora
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

It's also probably worth noting that Reika protests to Kin and Tama being about to kill the head dog, saying "I don't remember raising cruel children like that" and the usual "if you kill them, you'll be just like them" crap, and I can't for the life of me figure out if we're supposed to agree with her or not because on the one hand it's consistent with Ginga's usual morals, but on the other hand she's a female so that automatically means that there's a 50/50 chance that we're supposed to disregard anything she says as silly woman nonsense.

Also I fail to see how Orion kicking their asses is him regressing back to his TLW persona. These dogs have made it clear that they can't be reasoned with, so roughing them up a bit is the only viable option. If anything, it could foreshadow that Orion is capable of both reasoning and violence now, but he's smart enough to recognize that neither should be relied on blindly.

WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Digsu wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:11 pm It's also probably worth noting that Reika protests to Kin and Tama being about to kill the head dog, saying "I don't remember raising cruel children like that" and the usual "if you kill them, you'll be just like them" crap, and I can't for the life of me figure out if we're supposed to agree with her or not because on the one hand it's consistent with Ginga's usual morals, but on the other hand she's a female so that automatically means that there's a 50/50 chance that we're supposed to disregard anything she says as silly woman nonsense.

Also I fail to see how Orion kicking their asses is him regressing back to his TLW persona. These dogs have made it clear that they can't be reasoned with, so roughing them up a bit is the only viable option. If anything, it could foreshadow that Orion is capable of both reasoning and violence now, but he's smart enough to recognize that neither should be relied on blindly.
Maybe i was just overreacting a bit. It's so clear that he only fought because he had to, even though i didn't think about it at first. But i don't know, i guess i'm just too used to Orion being a reckless and sometimes even nasty fighter. But Reika saying those words are great if familiar here. 50/50 chances that these words being ignored is painfully possible due to general treatment of females here.

Now since Reika is being mentioned, it's worth saying she's probably getting her biggest role since GDW and probably she might turn out to be a stronger fighter which she wasn't in GDW. It would be great if Takahashi would finally give a real "Action Girl" instead of making them into Damsels in Distress like usually. I also wonder when do we get to see Koyuki and Bella? we're already in to the 3rd volume and they are yet to appear. Kotetsu disappeared in LTW and i hope he returns too unless he died.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

WolfKing wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:42 pm
Digsu wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:11 pm It's also probably worth noting that Reika protests to Kin and Tama being about to kill the head dog, saying "I don't remember raising cruel children like that" and the usual "if you kill them, you'll be just like them" crap, and I can't for the life of me figure out if we're supposed to agree with her or not because on the one hand it's consistent with Ginga's usual morals, but on the other hand she's a female so that automatically means that there's a 50/50 chance that we're supposed to disregard anything she says as silly woman nonsense.

Maybe i was just overreacting a bit. It's so clear that he only fought because he had to, even though i didn't think about it at first. But i don't know, i guess i'm just too used to Orion being a reckless and sometimes even nasty fighter. But Reika saying those words are great if familiar here. 50/50 chances that these words being ignored is painfully possible due to general treatment of females here.

Now since Reika is being mentioned, it's worth saying she's probably getting her biggest role since GDW and probably she might turn out to be a stronger fighter which she wasn't in GDW. It would be great if Takahashi would finally give a real "Action Girl" instead of making them into Damsels in Distress like usually. I also wonder when do we get to see Koyuki and Bella? we're already in to the 3rd volume and they are yet to appear. Kotetsu disappeared in LTW and i hope he returns too unless he died.
Maybe I am overreacting a little, too. It does make sense that Orion is fighting for his life and saving Reika and Kin and Tama. We need to see the whole chapter to find out more. I think I went a little too far on Orion turning back into his TLW status. So I’m not giving up on him progressing on his character development.

But I will still stay with what I said about Orion learning to combine his dark side and his light side to become a better character even with Noah’s help.

And I agree. We haven’t seen Kotetsu in a long time. I hope he’s still alive somewhere. And hopefully it won’t be much longer before we eventually see Koyuki and Bella again. That is if we do ever see them again. And I mean alive.
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Spirit Tree wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:20 pm

Maybe I am overreacting a little, too. It does make sense that Orion is fighting for his life and saving Reika and Kin and Tama. We need to see the whole chapter to find out more. I think I went a little too far on Orion turning back into his TLW status. So I’m not giving up on him progressing on his character development.

But I will still stay with what I said about Orion learning to combine his dark side and his light side to become a better character even with Noah’s help.

And I agree. We haven’t seen Kotetsu in a long time. I hope he’s still alive somewhere. And hopefully it won’t be much longer before we eventually see Koyuki and Bella again. That is if we do ever see them again. And I mean alive.
Mee too man, I've thought about Orion's personality combining his fierce nature and Sirius kindness already when this whole story started. I have always had mixed opinions about Orion, but i almost hated him totally during TLW, but now it has gradually changed to liking. And i've also hoped about a scene where Sirius's spirit appears to Orion, like for real, and that they will reconcile their broken bond and Sirius giving him strength (Like Sakura gave to Weed during Hougen's battle) and guidance to deal with hard situations which Orion struggled with earlier.

I also hope this would conclude Orion's story, considering that he has been the protagonist for the 3rd time even if he shared the protagonist title with Sirius in TLW. Overall this is already a vast improvement over the downbeat and disappointing TLW.

By the way what do you and everyone else feel about the slow-paced feel the story has? TLW was almost non-stop action until chapter 97 when Monsoons minions were killed. This story has until now been more of a character and dialogue driven drama. I think it's a nice change from the frenetic action opening from TLW, since it's always cool to see that a sequel is slightly different in tone or storytelling style, and it now unfolds the scenes with this slower pace, and it makes several scenes more surprising and it's melancholy feel gives us the great emotional depth GNG and GDW especially were skilled with.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

WolfKing wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:44 pm

Mee too man, I've thought about Orion's personality combining his fierce nature and Sirius kindness already when this whole story started. I have always had mixed opinions about Orion, but i almost hated him totally during TLW, but now it has gradually changed to liking. And i've also hoped about a scene where Sirius's spirit appears to Orion, like for real, and that they will reconcile their broken bond and Sirius giving him strength (Like Sakura gave to Weed during Hougen's battle) and guidance to deal with hard situations which Orion struggled with earlier.

I also hope this would conclude Orion's story, considering that he has been the protagonist for the 3rd time even if he shared the protagonist title with Sirius in TLW. Overall this is already a vast improvement over the downbeat and disappointing TLW.

By the way what do you and everyone else feel about the slow-paced feel the story has? TLW was almost non-stop action until chapter 97 when Monsoons minions were killed. This story has until now been more of a character and dialogue driven drama. I think it's a nice change from the frenetic action opening from TLW, since it's always cool to see that a sequel is slightly different in tone or storytelling style, and it now unfolds the scenes with this slower pace, and it makes several scenes more surprising and it's melancholy feel gives us the great emotional depth GNG and GDW especially were skilled with.
I understand how you and others felt about Orion in TLW. Orion is one of my favorite characters, like I mentioned earlier. But to be honest, I really didn’t like him being the madman that he was in TLW. And so I am excited to see him go through character development in this story while maintaining his badass status and gaining a little bit of Weed’s traits or Sirius’s traits.

Another thing to be honest about...I didn’t like Sirius in TLW. But I do admit that his death is really sad. I hate to say this but I also admit that there is a part of me that does not feel bad for him. I get all of what he wanted to do with Monsoon. But to me, it felt more like he was dumping the Ouu army and his family for an evil bastard. Orion was probably right about not wanting to be friends with Monsoon. Even I wouldn’t want to make peace or befriend an evil person, like a criminal, in real life.

What both brothers did in TLW was pretty out of hand. And I also hope that Orion will indeed visit with Sirius’s spirit (maybe in a dream) and both brothers will admit how wrong they were going against each other. I agree with you about Sirius’s spirit bonding with Orion to give him strength. I bet that will happen if Orion is to fight whoever this main villain of GDN is.

About this story being the last for Orion as a main protagonist, that could be the case. I believe he’ll find a wife and have three children with her. Then one of those children with be the new main character or protagonist.

I’m not sure if I like the slow-pace of GDN. But as long as it is smooth or worth it, then I’m fine with it. I absolutely believe that GDN will indeed make up for that abrupt and bizarre ending of TLW, like I mentioned before. Hopefully, nothing terrible will screw this up.
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Spirit Tree wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:38 pm
WolfKing wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:44 pm

I understand how you and others felt about Orion in TLW. Orion is one of my favorite characters, like I mentioned earlier. But to be honest, I really didn’t like him being the madman that he was in TLW. And so I am excited to see him go through character development in this story while maintaining his badass status and gaining a little bit of Weed’s traits or Sirius’s traits.

Another thing to be honest about...I didn’t like Sirius in TLW. But I do admit that his death is really sad. I hate to say this but I also admit that there is a part of me that does not feel bad for him. I get all of what he wanted to do with Monsoon. But to me, it felt more like he was dumping the Ouu army and his family for an evil bastard. Orion was probably right about not wanting to be friends with Monsoon. Even I wouldn’t want to make peace or befriend an evil person, like a criminal, in real life.

What both brothers did in TLW was pretty out of hand. And I also hope that Orion will indeed visit with Sirius’s spirit (maybe in a dream) and both brothers will admit how wrong they were going against each other. I agree with you about Sirius’s spirit bonding with Orion to give him strength. I bet that will happen if Orion is to fight whoever this main villain of GDN is.

About this story being the last for Orion as a main protagonist, that could be the case. I believe he’ll find a wife and have three children with her. Then one of those children with be the new main character or protagonist.

I’m not sure if I like the slow-pace of GDN. But as long as it is smooth or worth it, then I’m fine with it. I absolutely believe that GDN will indeed make up for that abrupt and bizarre ending of TLW, like I mentioned before. Hopefully, nothing terrible will screw this up.
Great words! Yea i understand that you didn't like Sirius's actions in TLW, since he betrayed everyone and made trouble. I have always loved Sirius but i didn't quite agree with him either. Like chapter 94 or 93 where he expresses the reason why Monsoon is evil, he is practically saying that Ouu and humans did it and they are to be blamed, that's what screwed my mind, it does make some sense but ultimately it's too preachy to be agreed on. But his death was ever so heartbreaking, especially when you realize that by the time he died he himself realized that he failed.

I'm glad no one feel that he was dumb or have forgotten about him (I genuinely thought so because everyone acted so out of character especially when he was disowned and exiled) and both Weed and Orion along with others have regrets about their actions.

The reason why i'm mixed about Orion is probably because i was used to the protagonists here to be gentle and peaceful, considering that i was 6 and soon to be 7 when i first was introduced to Ginga, and now i'm 20 and still remember fondly at those memories with Gin and Weed and i miss the times when Gin was the young dashing charmer whereas he is now older and more quiet, but that's his development though.

And the downer ending to TLW was worst yeah, but i actually find the entire TLW a disappointment since it has a great premise but halfway into it when Orion and Sirius's bickering and crushing disownment along with breakdowns and other negative things bring it down and loses big part of it's potential. I also feel that Monsoon having too much dialogue was a mistake, because we can understand it and he get's a little too much personality something Akakabuto didn't have and therefore he was the dreaded and we knew he has to be defeated. But Monsoon was more complex which is cool but somehow him having a personality makes the final battle less satisfying and i was actually not rooting for anyone at the end really because i was torn by feelings.

But still GDN will hopefully save it

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”