GDW:O General Questions Topic

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion.
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Leomonade »

Digsu wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:23 pm
Tora wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:28 pm
Leomonade wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:36 pm Huh?
Is Kawasemi YOUNG? They keep calling him a youngster in the finnish version of GDW:O.
He was young, barley a year old if I remember right, in the flashback of Ben coming with Cross to Unsai.
Kawasemi is referred to as a puppy in the flashback, but his age isn't specified further than that. He looks like he could be 6-12 months old.

Since the flashback happened before GNG, Kawasemi would be... around 13-15 years old by the time of GDWO.

Oh so he is old as balls but they keep calling him young like they do with Tesshin, Ken, George and Kagetora... ugh
Why???
In the start of GDW, Daisuke and his dad wonder if Gin is already dead because 15 years for a dog is a long time.. :EMPTY:
Image Image
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Leomonade wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:29 pm
Tora wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:28 pm

He was young, barley a year old if I remember right, in the flashback of Ben coming with Cross to Unsai.
Kawasemi is referred to as a puppy in the flashback, but his age isn't specified further than that. He looks like he could be 6-12 months old.

Since the flashback happened before GNG, Kawasemi would be... around 13-15 years old by the time of GDWO.

Oh so he is old as balls but they keep calling him young like they do with Tesshin, Ken, George and Kagetora... ugh
Why???
In the start of GDW, Daisuke and his dad wonder if Gin is already dead because 15 years for a dog is a long time.. :EMPTY:
Daisuke's dad says that in volume 2. In volume 1, after Smith scares the guard dog away, the narration says that the battle against Akakabuto took place 13 years ago.

So who knows how much time has actually passed between GNG and GDWO ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Digsu wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:36 pm
Leomonade wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:29 pm

Why???
Daisuke's dad says that in volume 2. In volume 1, after Smith scares the guard dog away, the narration says that the battle against Akakabuto took place 13 years ago.

So who knows how much time has actually passed between GNG and GDWO ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SIGH
Gingaaaa plz

Can the dogs count btw..? I guess they can? They are so humanized.
Or maybe Daisuke's dad was just rounding the number up? Who knows!
Image Image
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Does anyone know other times Sirius was colored like in the image on the left? Being a different, much darker color from Weed and Gin?

Image Image
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Leomonade wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:25 pm Does anyone know other times Sirius was colored like in the image on the left? Being a different, much darker color from Weed and Gin?

I think that is effect from color saturation. Bellatrix is supposed to be very light blueish gray, almost white, but she is in the color Weed is. Also Rigel is just too dark, and Orion looks brown, not reddish orange. Even the humans in ads look way too dark.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
exorcax

Post by exorcax »

Quick question, wasn't sure if this was the place to ask but where can I read GDW:O? Been looking for a while
:gdwjohn: ~John and Jerome are the best beans~ :jerome:
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

exorcax wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:16 am Quick question, wasn't sure if this was the place to ask but where can I read GDW:O? Been looking for a while

If you just want to read then there's Silverfang Reader website, but if you want to get the volumes, then go to downloads section. :)
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
exorcax

Post by exorcax »

Danke! I appreciate it. I found them!! :surprisegin:
:gdwjohn: ~John and Jerome are the best beans~ :jerome:
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

exorcax wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:17 am Danke! I appreciate it. I found them!! :surprisegin:
Bitte schön, happy to help! :3
Favorites:
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

I don't even understand how Masamune could kill an adult really easily but not a puppy??
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Raki wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:47 pm I don't even understand how Masamune could kill an adult really easily but not a puppy??
Because bearhound blood and stuff.
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

fantachan wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:24 pm
Raki wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:47 pm I don't even understand how Masamune could kill an adult really easily but not a puppy??
I think this question is about Yamabiko. He is the only puppy character who took a direct hit from Masamune's Ningato (which was shown to be able to kill adult dogs with ease).

Either way, plot armor is your answer.
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

YamaDora wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:42 am
fantachan wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:24 pm
I think this question is about Yamabiko. He is the only puppy character who took a direct hit from Masamune's Ningato (which was shown to be able to kill adult dogs with ease).

Either way, plot armor is your answer.
Yeah, I started to reread Orion, and I can see how easily Masamune kill dogs, orten in one hit. But he didn't kill one dog in Ohu, that's weird. Or even Weed. Puppies has superpowers in ginga 😂
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

I have a question I heard this on the Ginga Wiki on Bon's page, taken directly from it -

"Later, Bon wants to help his father's troops to find his uncle's murderer, but they refuse and leave him in the forest. He is eventually attacked by the Kōga Elder, who kidnaps him and takes him as a hostage.

Bon is taken to the Ōu army, but instead of being mad at them, he spends time with them. He becomes friends with the younger soldiers and is welcomed into the Ōu army. Seemingly, he forgets about his uncle and his father as he has not mentioned them at all since joining and no longer wonders where his father is. Upon meeting Cross, he calls her "mama", but Cross gently tells him she's not his mother but sympathizes as she understands he doesn't seem to have a mother anymore."

So my question is did the Ohu Army actually manipulate Bon into liking/joining them?
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Gingaddict wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:28 pm I have a question I heard this on the Ginga Wiki on Bon's page, taken directly from it -

"Later, Bon wants to help his father's troops to find his uncle's murderer, but they refuse and leave him in the forest. He is eventually attacked by the Kōga Elder, who kidnaps him and takes him as a hostage.

Bon is taken to the Ōu army, but instead of being mad at them, he spends time with them. He becomes friends with the younger soldiers and is welcomed into the Ōu army. Seemingly, he forgets about his uncle and his father as he has not mentioned them at all since joining and no longer wonders where his father is. Upon meeting Cross, he calls her "mama", but Cross gently tells him she's not his mother but sympathizes as she understands he doesn't seem to have a mother anymore."

So my question is did the Ohu Army actually manipulate Bon into liking/joining them?
No. While he ends up traveling with the Ohu army thanks to the Koga Elder kidnapping him, the reason he stayed with them was because he realized his father was evil, and he himself says that he hates him a couple times, and after Blanca dies, it's said that Bon was happier with the Ohu army than with his father because he finally got to play and live with other puppies like someone his age should.

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Digsu wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:24 pm
Gingaddict wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:28 pm I have a question I heard this on the Ginga Wiki on Bon's page, taken directly from it -

No. While he ends up traveling with the Ohu army thanks to the Koga Elder kidnapping him, the reason he stayed with them was because he realized his father was evil, and he himself says that he hates him a couple times, and after Blanca dies, it's said that Bon was happier with the Ohu army than with his father because he finally got to play and live with other puppies like someone his age should.
Well, that sudden change of heart was a bit weird actually. He never expressed any resentment or even hatred toward his father, quite the opposite. He wasn't forbidden to play with pups either, he just drowned them all, like he almost did to Orion. It feels as if Bonn decided that Ohu army is more fun and to become even more likeable to them, just said that he hated his father. That little sociopath.
Favorites:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Kaiken wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:47 pm

Well, that sudden change of heart was a bit weird actually. He never expressed any resentment or even hatred toward his father, quite the opposite. He wasn't forbidden to play with pups either, he just drowned them all, like he almost did to Orion. It feels as if Bonn decided that Ohu army is more fun and to become even more likeable to them, just said that he hated his father. That little sociopath.
According to Bon, Mateus had a habit of murdering any playmates he found (falsely accusing them of stealing food) and sometimes came close to killing Bon himself for disobeying him, with Blanca being the only one who dared to interfere, and before his death, Blanca urges Bon to remain with the Ohu army because "the Kurohabaki wouldn't have spared an enemy's child" and "if you go back to them, they'll execute you as a traitor". Also, during the final battle against the Kurohabaki, Bon briefly confronts Mateus, very angrily tells him that he's not he's father anymore and then says "Go ahead, kill me! And laugh about it! That's the sort of person you are, after all!" Shortly afterwards, Bon outright tells Akame to kill Mateus and that he deserves it.

It's not obvious when they're introduced, but Bon definitely hated his father. The fact that Blanca knew he'd be better off with the Ohu army seems to imply that Bon wasn't just making the whole thing up.

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Digsu wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:05 pm
Kaiken wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:47 pm

According to Bon, Mateus had a habit of murdering any playmates he found (falsely accusing them of stealing food) and sometimes came close to killing Bon himself for disobeying him, with Blanca being the only one who dared to interfere, and before his death, Blanca urges Bon to remain with the Ohu army because "the Kurohabaki wouldn't have spared an enemy's child" and "if you go back to them, they'll execute you as a traitor". Also, during the final battle against the Kurohabaki, Bon briefly confronts Mateus, very angrily tells him that he's not he's father anymore and then says "Go ahead, kill me! And laugh about it! That's the sort of person you are, after all!" Shortly afterwards, Bon outright tells Akame to kill Mateus and that he deserves it.

It's not obvious when they're introduced, but Bon definitely hated his father. The fact that Blanca knew he'd be better off with the Ohu army seems to imply that Bon wasn't just making the whole thing up.

Dp we have any evidence of Bonn having problems with his father/his father being cruel to him or his friends other than Bonn's own words? Or even evidence of Blanca actually telling Bonn what he claims his uncle have said?
The scene with Bonn defying Matheus is still from his own initiative after he's been converted to Ohu army, too.
Even if Blanca did really say what Bonn claims he said, it still doesn't prove Matheus being a bad father, just that in war it's not safe with him anymore especially considering how strong Gennai is. He might have just said that to ensure Bonn stays with the winning side instead of returning in Masamune's path, who WOULD kill a puppy.
Favorites:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Kaiken wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:55 pm Dp we have any evidence of Bonn having problems with his father/his father being cruel to him or his friends other than Bonn's own words? Or even evidence of Blanca actually telling Bonn what he claims his uncle have said?
The scene with Bonn defying Matheus is still from his own initiative after he's been converted to Ohu army, too.
Even if Blanca did really say what Bonn claims he said, it still doesn't prove Matheus being a bad father, just that in war it's not safe with him anymore especially considering how strong Gennai is. He might have just said that to ensure Bonn stays with the winning side instead of returning in Masamune's path, who WOULD kill a puppy.
The narrator says that it wasn't until he joined the Ohu army that Bon finally got to live a proper puppy's life and have friends.

Also imho assuming that Bon is such a convincing actor that he's capable of instantly fake crying at the mention of his father and coming up with lies about Blanca's last words and Mateus being a remorseless murderer while still crying his eyes out over Blanca's death requires making far more assumptions than him genuinely despising his father. Theories are well and good, but Ginga is the sort of series where subtlety does not exist - canonically, everything is always exactly the way it's presented as. I'm not stopping you from having a headcanon that Bon is secretly a master manipulator (it's honestly a really neat theory), but as far as actual canon goes, he hated his father and Mateus had a history of killing his sons playmates.

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Digsu wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:15 pm
Kaiken wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:55 pm Dp we have any evidence of Bonn having problems with his father/his father being cruel to him or his friends other than Bonn's own words? Or even evidence of Blanca actually telling Bonn what he claims his uncle have said?
The narrator says that it wasn't until he joined the Ohu army that Bon finally got to live a proper puppy's life and have friends.

Also imho assuming that Bon is such a convincing actor that he's capable of instantly fake crying at the mention of his father and coming up with lies about Blanca's last words and Mateus being a remorseless murderer while still crying his eyes out over Blanca's death requires making far more assumptions than him genuinely despising his father. Theories are well and good, but Ginga is the sort of series where subtlety does not exist - canonically, everything is always exactly the way it's presented as. I'm not stopping you from having a headcanon that Bon is secretly a master manipulator (it's honestly a really neat theory), but as far as actual canon goes, he hated his father and Mateus had a history of killing his sons playmates.

I'm not saying he was fake crying, neither at the mention of his father nor at Blanca's death. It's just that the sudden change of attitude (he wasn't unhappy when he debuted, in fact he seemed boastful and proud to be leader's son) seemed really weird. There was also an odd pause of tension about what Blanca whispered to him, AND it wasn't shown, like other times. It was left for the character himself to explain.
That's the thing. Ginga is always very straightforward when it comes to abusive fathers and unhappy sons.
He definitely got a far more healthier and normal lifestyle with Ohu army, which is what narrator said, yeah.
Matheus said that it was Bonn himself who killed his friends and that also makes sense for Bonn to just blame everyone else. His friends or his father, anyone just not himself. We've never seen him remorseful after all...
Edit:
Also, his uncle seemed to be the one with tougher hand when dealing with Bon. When he was first introduced, he himself said that Bonn's father is spoiling him too much, hinting that if he was in charge, he would raise the pup completely different.
So, even if Bonn wasn't intended to have lied, it was definitely a change that either Yoshi himself or the publishers made to make Bonn more appealing and discredit his first scenes (during some he even seemed happy when his father decided to kill of Izou).
Edit2:
GDWO volume 9, translated page 025 - is evident that Matheus deeply cares and worries for his son, always making sure he stays safe,which is one of the few best parenting in ginga. Secondly, Bonn just views Orion has his new fun toy. When he thought Orion had drowned he didn't care at all. Now he cares more because Orion is increasingly fun (as toy!) for him.
Last edited by Kaiken on Sun May 17, 2020 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Favorites:

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion”