If you could resurrect one character

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Re: If you could resurrect one character

Post by Spirit Tree »

So if I could resurrect Ginga characters, I'd resurrect two. These are two of my favorite characters.

Lydia
SPOILER
GB (JUSTICE FOR GB)
SPOILER
:tfw_orion1: :tfw_orion1: :tfw_orion1:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Spirit Tree wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:46 am GB (JUSTICE FOR GB)
SPOILER
God, for sure. Also if he was still around we probably wouldn't have Jyoushiro because I feel like he has replaced GB in terms of comic relief as a duo with Sasuke. And GB was usually pretty tasteful as far as comic relief went.

Its funny though, cause I feel like otherwise I wish there was MORE death, in particular with the oldies. Cross and Kurotora really shouldn't be around anymore. Let them rest. Cross especially is absolutely ancient.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Wolpard wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:30 pm
Spirit Tree wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:46 am GB (JUSTICE FOR GB)
SPOILER
God, for sure. Also if he was still around we probably wouldn't have Jyoushiro because I feel like he has replaced GB in terms of comic relief as a duo with Sasuke. And GB was usually pretty tasteful as far as comic relief went.

Its funny though, cause I feel like otherwise I wish there was MORE death, in particular with the oldies. Cross and Kurotora really shouldn't be around anymore. Let them rest. Cross especially is absolutely ancient.
Of course, Cross and Kurotora are real old and should be passing away peacefully sometime, or anytime now. They have the right to rest in peace.

I should also mention that GB would also be making a difference or impact in the GDN progress right now. I totally agree with you about Jyoushiro. He’s also become a pain in the ass since the start of GDN. Why didn’t the pair of Sasuke and Bon remain instead of having Jyoushiro pairing with Sasuke?

It’s just a little puzzling.
Last edited by Spirit Tree on Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

I agree fully with both of you. I think though that Kurotora and Cross are being kept around merely because aside from Gin and Akame they're the only ones remaining from the original cast and Yoshi either the publishers or Yoshi want them to represent the old generation.
icon by azzai
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Justice for GB!

Lydia, a completely pointless death as said earlier.

Sirius, a polarizing character among the fandom i like him and his death is sad and heartbreaking.

Mushashi, a cool old guy and i know he's ancient like some but i didn't like to see him being killed like that, considering that he along some others have been around since the start and gets killed off just like that. Still he made a noble sacrifice (which is the name of the chapter where he dies)
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

WolfKing wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:51 pm Sirius, a polarizing character among the fandom i like him and his death is sad and heartbreaking.
I actually liked Sirius's death, not because I don't like him- I think he is one of the better written characters in the series- but because it has so much emotional potential to it. Really shows the dark side of Ginga. I just wish Yoshi explored the aftermath of it more instead of hard cutting TLW and starting GDN 6 months later. >.<'
Rals
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Rals »

GB so he could smack Weed on the head and yell "I RAISED YOU BETTER THAN THIS"

Also I would genuinely love it if Kurojaki some how came back to raise hell
after Hyena I'm convinced that no death is canon
Unbothered. Moisturized. Happy. In My Lane. Focused. Flourishing

Bear photo by Dennis Field
Av by OsoAventuroso
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

I would resurrect Yukimura, Joe, GB, Chutora and John.

I would've liked to see what Yukiumra would've been like with trying to accept Gin and as an Ohu soldier.

I have always thought Yoshi regrets killing John off as he made him a key part in Monsoon's backstory and his nephew, Andy looks more and more like him as he grows up.

I would mainly like Chutora back as we haven't found out how he died, I think it would actually have been cooler if he was Noah instead of Hyena! :surprisegin:

And you lot are right when you say that Yoshi has struggled with comedy ever since the death of GB

As for Joe, I just find his death underwhelming, if he was to die, he should've gone out on a high note. I could also say the same for Smith as his death didn't accomplish anything when you really think about it.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”