Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Spirit Tree »

Tsukitora wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:27 am
Spirit Tree wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:26 am
Atha wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:20 am

Hougen saw Hyena's ghost. Moss did too.
Oh yeah. Forgot about that. And yet, how does it make sense to see Hyena alive still? If he was seen as a ghost, then he should have been in the afterlife. How could Yoshi change that? Sorry but I’m perplexed about where Yoshi is going with this.
He probably forgot that Hyena was already confirmed dead since those scenes depicting his spirit were done a long time ago.
Of course. That’s what we all have been thinking. It was an error on Yoshi’s behalf if he had said something like “I confirm that Hyena is deceased” a long time ago and then just forget about it like it never happened.

Poor Hyena. He should have just died as a hero in that GDW flashback and stayed that way. He doesn’t deserve to get mishandled or treated in a twisted way. Why couldn’t Yoshi just let Hyena Rest In Peace in the afterlife like a hero with the rest of the Ou spirits? Oh right! “Yoshi The Forgetter Writer Is At It Again!” :EMPTY:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Oh dear, Ben is speaking "shape" again. XD
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQtDDVrU4AAKjKs.jpg
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

fantachan wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:16 am Oh dear, Ben is speaking "shape" again. XD
I just saw that a little bit ago. What do those shapes even mean? :bon3:

Is it right to add that Bon icon with the ? mark on top of his head?
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Spirit Tree wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:34 am
fantachan wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:16 am Oh dear, Ben is speaking "shape" again. XD
I just saw that a little bit ago. What do those shapes even mean? :bon3:

Is it right to add that Bon icon with the ? mark on top of his head?
It means he's saying something incomprehensible. It's basically the text equivalent of static noise.

Also, as ginga_soul points out, Noah's flashback completely retcons how he joined the Ohu army: in GNG, he says that his first owner tied him to a tree and abandoned him, while here he just joins them on his own while hunting.

I also wonder if this "out-of-body experience" will be used to excuse Hyena's ghost showing up in GDW...
:THOT:

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Man, this is a lot of screwing up existing lore ;;
How do you go back to redraw an old scene... then forget not only how that character dies, but also refuses to find all info of said character, whose name is now IN THE TITLE OF THE STORY, and just erase practically everything else of him ;; :Koyukisweat: big oof

But oof aside, that bite injury looks so awful! :orion4:

ImageImage
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

I wonder, will Noah die? The title gives a feeling of it. Though Fanta mentioned it to be a out-of-body experience. Hopefully he returns to life. If he dies and haunts Orion it'll Be interesting. But it will be difficult, i mean Sirius already does it to Orion and that sublot can't Be dropped just like that since he is the reason why Orion is depressed. Come on Yoshi, focus focus
blivery
Potential
Potential

Post by blivery »

It's getting more and more interesting! And those beautiful colored pages, I'm looking forward to scan them! I'm proud of you Yoshi!

:tfw_orion1:
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

What if it was actually Hyena Hougen and Moss saw because he's "dead", and that Noah lost all memeories of himself but 'Noah' is not dead but Hyena is.
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Raki wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:20 am What if it was actually Hyena Hougen and Moss saw because he's "dead", and that Noah lost all memeories of himself but 'Noah' is not dead but Hyena is.
Yea, like his corrupted self split in two - one dying the other living, like Harry Potter. Thanks! I like this explanation.

Also, hunting scene is not wrong. He could have returned after running off and then his owner tied him to a tree.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Raki wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:20 am What if it was actually Hyena Hougen and Moss saw because he's "dead", and that Noah lost all memeories of himself but 'Noah' is not dead but Hyena is.
Noah still says that he lost memories of three years, the timeline is simply messed up without repair tbh... He basically retconned everything about the character and no amount of excuses can save it (oh Sniper just remembers wrong! oh it was a different split personality ghost! oh he just ran off and then probably came back and THEN got tied up!)
icon by azzai
Beastface
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Beastface »

Ohh, looks like an interesting chapter!
I'm a little disappointed if Yoshi really retconned how Hyena joined the Ohu army, though. The original story of abandonment I think better suited his character and gave him a bit more depth. I'm also a bit surprised to see Akakabuto there with the Kai brothers(?) as that's something Hyena wouldn't have seen and have a memory of. I hope it doesn't mean Yoshi has forgotten Hyena's old personality and storyline.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Beastface wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:05 pm Ohh, looks like an interesting chapter!
I'm a little disappointed if Yoshi really retconned how Hyena joined the Ohu army, though. The original story of abandonment I think better suited his character and gave him a bit more depth. I'm also a bit surprised to see Akakabuto there with the Kai brothers(?) as that's something Hyena wouldn't have seen and have a memory of. I hope it doesn't mean Yoshi has forgotten Hyena's old personality and storyline.
It also shows Gin and the others swimming to Shikoku and the top panel looks like it's from the Koga dogs burning in the Iga mansion. Hyena wasn't present for any of these scenes.

I do love how Mark shows up alongside Ben and Cross in the flashback, though.

Y'know, Mark? That black dog who was constantly shown beside Ben in early GNG who never said a thing, was never referred to by name until Meteor Gin, and either died offscreen or fell into the Void around the time they encountered Moss?

How the hell do you even manage to completely wreck the established backstory of your titular character but somehow remember to reference the existence of a character who wasn't even important enough to get named in the series proper?

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:18 pm
Beastface wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:05 pm Ohh, looks like an interesting chapter!
It also shows Gin and the others swimming to Shikoku and the top panel looks like it's from the Koga dogs burning in the Iga mansion. Hyena wasn't present for any of these scenes.

Y'know, Mark? That black dog who was constantly shown beside Ben in early GNG who never said a thing, was never referred to by name until Meteor Gin, and either died offscreen or fell into the Void around the time they encountered Moss?

How the hell do you even manage to completely wreck the established backstory of your titular character but somehow remember to reference the existence of a character who wasn't even important enough to get named in the series proper?
I thought abour that!

Mark I think was crushed by stones Moss threw down. Ben almost suffered that same fate.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

How come he remembers Mark the nameless cameo and not a bit of Hyena backstory xD
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Beastface
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Beastface »

I think those two scenes make sense, because he was part of the pack when those events took place. He was also shown to be present when Akame told the Ohu soldiers about the kogas jumping in the burning mansion, so it's not like he doesn't know those things happened. He, however, was presumably floating along the river with his gut ripped open well before the army had met Akakabuto.

I suppose it could simply mean Hyena remembers the mission against Akakabuto, but with how much has been retconned, I hope Yoshi didn't just get timelines amazingly messed up and thinks Hyena was there, or was a super valiant soldier eagerly waiting to face the bears. :T
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

What this shows is that he's just flipping to pages and referencing whatever he lands on, but nothing else surrounding it lol

ImageImage
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

He met kai trio briefly. They rushed together into battle before Hyena sidetracked, so it might not be a memory, but he could be well informed of the battle and just be thinking about battle.

Yea, he can't remember Gin swimming, but he might again THINK of it and assume it happened (how else do you get to another island?) and he was present during Iga fire, although he was busy being threatened by Gin, and it was Akame who burned Iga mansion, not Koga dogs.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

https://twitter.com/1226Someday/status/ ... 69/photo/1

Here is a whole image of one of the colored pages of Chapter 33.

Orion's gang is on its way to see Noah's gang. Can they make it to Noah and save him from death completely? Noah's out-of-body experience (also known as near-death experience) is quite rare. Even rare in real life. And despite how badly Yoshi messed up on the situation with Hyena, I'm confident that Hyena/Noah won't die now. Yoshi can't possibly get himself into a deeper excavation and make things worse on himself. Otherwise, why would this manga be called Ginga Densetsu Noah in the first place? Unless Noah will go on an adventure with Orion as a spirit.

Don't worry. I'm still loving GDN. It's looking better than TLW.
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Lovely.

Orion thinking about Noah, oh and Sirius again. I sure hope Orion can help Noah, and together with pals save Ou from possible threats.

The subplot with Sirius should also come to a conclusion. It's a really compelling one, and shows more of Orion's broken heart and dilemma. They shall reconcile so they can both move on. Orion should Hood on to Sirius' morals and Combine them with his own, it'll be a great combo.

GDN surely is better than TLW, in every way despite having flaws toi.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

That colored page is beautiful. The landscape/vegetation is colored so nicely!
.....Was Hyena's eyes always yellow? o_o
*googles*
Well... it's brown in the anime, but...
questionable in the gng manga?

ImageImage

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”