Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Spirit Tree »

¡Muchas gracias, Blivery!

Chapter 37: Nice to see some old faces, like I said. And I can see that the bond between Orion and Noah will definitely be special. And I can’t believe that Noah really lost his eyesight. Hopefully it’s not permanently. “A great demon is coming...” Thanks for that info, Digsu. But what demon would that be? It can’t be Shuou. He’s too damn clumsy to be “a great demon.” Now that I’m even mentioning Shuou, seems to me that he is now just a pathetic fat dumbass as he tumbles down the hill and falls into shit with a powerless mind. Seriously, Andy, Bon, and Yama(h)iko just jump over him and that’s it? Isn’t that funny?!😆 And the fatass just strikes his soldiers in frustration? I’m not surprised at all. By the way, the chapter cover looks good. From least to most favorite: Andy, Yama(h)iko, Bon. Oh, and as for how Orion isn’t reacting to Noah/Hyena’s past, I don’t wanna ask.

Chapter 38: Oh shit. Weed’s completely surrounded. There’s no escape for him now. Unless he can jump over all those dogs. I’m just looking forward to seeing what conversation Weed is having with Beniou and this final ruler guy. May I mention that Wanwan is so damn scary? :tfw_sirius1:
But if that hair of his is blocking his sight, why not get a haircut? :tfw_rigel1:
“Can’t we talk this over?” Thanks for that info, Digsu. Well, Weed looks like he just wants a talk or else he’ll fight. So there’s that. Is he really in his usual self? Too bad the two abnormally giant dogs want none of his shit. Too bad the bastards don’t want to talk or hear Weed out. So I say just fight more, talk less if nothing else is going right. If talking isn’t working, then fighting is the better option. But damn, how can Weed even fight for his life now? The two rulers are just starting to beat the crap out of him. Don’t worry, Weed won’t die. This is just getting more interesting! Oh, and Beniou stomping on one of his soldiers...not surprising.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Thank you Blivery!

Yoshi really likes villains who abuse their subordinates just For The Evulz doesn't he... The only exception was Masamune.
icon by azzai
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Atha wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:10 pm Thank you Blivery!

Yoshi really likes villains who abuse their subordinates just For The Evulz doesn't he... The only exception was Masamune.
Most of if not all of his villains are typically Obviously Evil with some of them having Faux-Affably Evil personas. They also don't always have much depth or real reason why they do this and that aside for Lust for Power or greed.

Kurojaki is an exception by being a villain who was raised to be what he was and his loyalty love for Tesshin gave him extra depth even if he abandoned him later. Monsoon also had a reason, which was avenging his father and that's a better motive than some Ginga villains had.

I've also noticed that he has a thing for body horror, one-eyed characters and other handicapped characters.
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

WolfKing wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:20 pm

Most of if not all of his villains are typically Obviously Evil with some of them having Faux-Affably Evil personas. They also don't always have much depth or real reason why they do this and that aside for Lust for Power or greed.

Kurojaki is an exception by being a villain who was raised to be what he was and his loyalty love for Tesshin gave him extra depth even if he abandoned him later. Monsoon also had a reason, which was avenging his father and that's a better motive than some Ginga villains had.

I've also noticed that he has a thing for body horror, one-eyed characters and other handicapped characters.
Monsoon's reason was prefectly fine, what was not fine was him treating his siblings like trash (while caring about Akakbouto's bloodline??) and not caring about dead family one bit (which even Hougen did) and also killing other bears just to show us how evil he is.

Kurojaki was probably his best villain and it's why he's popular even if he appeared for just a few chapters.
icon by azzai
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Atha wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:06 pm
WolfKing wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:20 pm

Monsoon's reason was prefectly fine, what was not fine was him treating his siblings like trash (while caring about Akakbouto's bloodline??) and not caring about dead family one bit (which even Hougen did) and also killing other bears just to show us how evil he is.

Kurojaki was probably his best villain and it's why he's popular even if he appeared for just a few chapters.
Kurojaki was certainly the best, and he's so memorable despite only appearing in a few chapters and 2 episodes in the anime. 2 episodes sums up to 50 minutes but he only has about 17-20 minutes of screen-time and yet has left a huge impression and is also one of my absolute favorites. I have to admit that i miss him pretty much, and i felt bad for him when he died.

As for Monsoon treating siblings like that was pretty low even for a bad guy, and yeah even Hougen had love for his bro Genba. When he had to kill him, he had my sympathies.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Masamune literally decapitated one of his underlings for complaining a little.

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Digsu wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:41 am

Actually it was to set an example and scare the others. He was afraid they would get low morale and some might sneak away so he wanted to show who's boss. Not that it excuses what he did, but this is Masamune's reasoning of why he did it.

P.S. Viktor also didn't hurt his followers (except that one for showing weakness, but Viktor was already breaking down by that point).
Last edited by Kaiken on Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Digsu wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:41 am

Welp, it's been a while since I read the translated GDWO and I only remembered he was not smacking his generals around like Hougen did and was strategic with Gennai...
icon by azzai
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

I mean the dude was a new recruit that just arrived to serve him and was already trying to undermine and disrespect Masamune because he didn't take his scarf off.

So while a harsh punishment, I think it was a smart choice since it stopped anyone who thought about disrespecting him or his army on their tracks lol.
But yeah, Masamune was probably the only villain who attacked and killed always with a clear purpose in mind and not because of petty reasons.
Image Image
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Leomonade wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:20 pm I mean the dude was a new recruit that just arrived to serve him and was already trying to undermine and disrespect Masamune because he didn't take his scarf off.

So while a harsh punishment, I think it was a smart choice since it stopped anyone who thought about disrespecting him or his army on their tracks lol.
But yeah, Masamune was probably the only villain who attacked and killed always with a clear purpose in mind and not because of petty reasons.
Probably helped that he's the dog version of a person with an already established personality and history.
icon by azzai
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Leomonade wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:20 pm I mean the dude was a new recruit that just arrived to serve him and was already trying to undermine and disrespect Masamune because he didn't take his scarf off.

idk, I feel like lopping a guy's head off for mocking you is pretty petty. I think he could have achieved the same thing just by giving him a good beating, and going full "OFF WITH HIS HEAD" on him was just unnecessary flexing. But I guess that could be a matter of opinion.

While it's true that Masamune was a pretty practical as far as Ginga villains go, there are things he did that were nothing but him throwing his weight around to intimidate his opponents or subordinates, like ordering Trigger's entire family killed following his unsuccessful coup. It might have served a practical purpose as an intimidation method, yes, but then again, isn't that what Beniou is doing here, too? Throwing his subordinate aside to establish that he's in charge and they should fear him?

Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Digsu wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:18 pm

idk, I feel like lopping a guy's head off for mocking you is pretty petty. I think he could have achieved the same thing just by giving him a good beating, and going full "OFF WITH HIS HEAD" on him was just unnecessary flexing. But I guess that could be a matter of opinion.

While it's true that Masamune was a pretty practical as far as Ginga villains go, there are things he did that were nothing but him throwing his weight around to intimidate his opponents or subordinates, like ordering Trigger's entire family killed following his unsuccessful coup. It might have served a practical purpose as an intimidation method, yes, but then again, isn't that what Beniou is doing here, too? Throwing his subordinate aside to establish that he's in charge and they should fear him?
I don't think fear tactics are necessarily bad since they do usually reduce the amount of unnecessary fights.

I feel like with the random dude being a jerk to Masamune, it was less about him insulting him and more about him disrupting the unity of the new recruits and army. And if your follower doesn't respect you, there is no reason for them to follow you either. Like the dude that insults Masamune is acting all high and mighty, saying how Masamune is acting big for not coming down from the hill to meet the new footsoldiers and makes fun of the scarf. He makes light of the superior's orders to gather around and it's kinda hinted that he might be thinking about leaving the army altogether with his friends.

So while I normally think that 1 random insult or complaint wouldn't warrant such horrible punishment. For a newly established army trying to conquer the land I think it would be crucial to end all ideas about treason.

And like we have talked before on this board.. there are no prisons in ginga dog world for some reason. So the punishments are limited to reprimands, beatings and death..

I want to know more about the Aka-ari army to make up my mind but they currently feel like a joke. Hougen was kinda goofy with his nasty sense of humor but he was still intimidating. Aka-ari doesn't feel that scary or smart to me. Especially Shuou! Maybe Beniou and WanWan are better? Maybe I get used to their weird hairdos' like I did with Masamune! XD
Image Image
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Leomonade wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:49 pm I don't think fear tactics are necessarily bad since they do usually reduce the amount of unnecessary fights.

I feel like with the random dude being a jerk to Masamune, it was less about him insulting him and more about him disrupting the unity of the new recruits and army. And if your follower doesn't respect you, there is no reason for them to follow you either. Like the dude that insults Masamune is acting all high and mighty, saying how Masamune is acting big for not coming down from the hill to meet the new footsoldiers and makes fun of the scarf. He makes light of the superior's orders to gather around and it's kinda hinted that he might be thinking about leaving the army altogether with his friends.

So while I normally think that 1 random insult or complaint wouldn't warrant such horrible punishment. For a newly established army trying to conquer the land I think it would be crucial to end all ideas about treason.

And like we have talked before on this board.. there are no prisons in ginga dog world for some reason. So the punishments are limited to reprimands, beatings and death..

I want to know more about the Aka-ari army to make up my mind but they currently feel like a joke. Hougen was kinda goofy with his nasty sense of humor but he was still intimidating. Aka-ari doesn't feel that scary or smart to me. Especially Shuou! Maybe Beniou and WanWan are better? Maybe I get used to their weird hairdos' like I did with Masamune! XD
All right, I see what you mean. I still think that some of Masamune's actions were at least partially fueled by his massive ego and any practical purpose they served was just an afterthought, but again, probably just a matter of opinion.

Regarding the Aka'ari, I'm... kinda of starting to like the idea of them being villains who seem goofy one second, terrifying the next tbh. I don't know, for some reason I like the contrast of silliness and horrible they've got going on - on the one hand you have stuff like Wanwan being incapable of seeing a guy five feet in front of him because of his hair, but on the other you have things like the Three Kings having one of their own captains gutted like a goddamn fish for failure.

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Leomonade wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:20 pm While it's true that Masamune was a pretty practical as far as Ginga villains go, there are things he did that were nothing but him throwing his weight around to intimidate his opponents or subordinates, like ordering Trigger's entire family killed following his unsuccessful coup. It might have served a practical purpose as an intimidation method, yes, but then again, isn't that what Beniou is doing here, too?
Actually it's historically (NK still uses it today) VERY popular method of punishment that was used by literally all countries at some point. Some changed it to imprisonment instead of killing, but still. The reasoning behind is that for very dangerous crimes (coups, assassinations, spying, treachery and such), the accused might pass on his goals to his family members, so they would become dangerous for the state as well.
Some (very few) countries used it in military during wartime as well, then the idea was to scare soldiers away from abandoning the army with the logic that even if they don't care about themselves or can hide very well, the same doesn't apply for their family members.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Chapter 37 is up.
https://fantasscans.blogspot.com/2020/0 ... er-37.html

Scarlet (king) takes a tumble.
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Thanks Fanta!

The beginning is so good, and it showcases Yoshi's talent for dramatic storytelling and writing even if it isn't always the best. This is starting to give me more of the GNG and GDW feeling what i've missed for a long time now. Hyena's presence is Nostalgia bomb for me. Shuou surely is an unstable fellow, and i wonder what happens next, will they get their asses whooped or will Yamabiko and pals perhaps kick his ass?
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Thank you Fanta!

I liked the Noah/Orion dialogue, even if all the shameless retconning mars it. Seems that those words made Orion think of himself as like Hyena reforming his personality and giving meaning to Sirius' death.

Apparently Noah seeing the big fire when falling as a prophetic vision... And now he gained clairvoyance in general.

The trio meanwhile are the same character to me at this point.
icon by azzai
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

¡Muchas gracias, Fanta!

Oh I love that beginning! Seeing the faces of old Ou soldiers is so lovely! And I love the conversation between Orion and Noah! I believe they’ll really form a special bond and Noah will really be Orion’s beloved friend and life guide! They will definitely fulfill a destiny with each other! They have a great future together!

Now what is this “large demon” that Noah is talking about? It can’t be Shuou because he’s pretty dumb to be that demon. Maybe there is someone else out there that we haven’t seen yet?

At least Andy, Bon, and Yamabiko are trying to get to know Shuou and his little soldiers, though just barely because they ask where they’re going. And is it just me, or is Shuou trying to play as a good guy in trying to recruit Andy’s group to be his new minions? Good thing Andy’s group is not falling for that.

And...OH MY GOD, BON!! Thank you for calling Shuou a fatass! That’s exactly what I call him! :tfw_rigel1: :tfw_rigel1:
And jumping up goes Andy, Bon, and Yamabiko, and down goes Shuou on a big ass tumble down the hill, making this moment even funnier!! :tfw_rigel1: :tfw_rigel1:
And I bet Shuou hits his soldiers because he thought they were Andy’s group! And I think we all know why Shuou is laughing after hearing Ou army from Andy.

Shuou may be tough and scary, but is he also really clumsy?!
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Shouou is pathetic. If the mastiff brothers are actually real main antagonists of the series (can't call those softies villains) then this is either a short arc like P4 one was with another arc to follow OR the GDN is shorter series than normal with about 10 or so volumes, OR they will just stretch story out and the entire cast will carefully dance around refusing to just give the decisive blow once and for all, because these three are not a threat to anyone from Ohu army (except maybe minor characters who plot WANTS to be dead, but I even doubt that). I'm still excited to see how this will play out!
Favorites:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

https://twitter.com/ginga_soul146/statu ... 05696?s=21

And info on Chapter 39 is now showing.

Wanwan punches Beniou in the face? Just as ginga_soul predicted? Well...ok.

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”