Ranks

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
User avatar
Astor
RPG Moderator
RPG Moderator
Posts: 514
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:35 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Ranks

Post by Astor » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:31 pm

Thank you everyone! We’re really looking forward to getting the RPG section running! Thank you Kasi for giving us the most awesome rank design!

User avatar
Gingastar
RPG Moderator
RPG Moderator
Posts: 7350
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:04 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Ranks

Post by Gingastar » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:32 pm

Thank you again Kasi and Arano for the new rank! It’s gorgeous!

Super hyped to get the section up and running! And we hope you’ll all enjoy it and have a blast! There are many cool things to come! :D
Image
Banner by me

User avatar
Punjab
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 2187
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:37 am
Location: Croatia

Re: Ranks

Post by Punjab » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:58 am

I wanna be Hougen tbh

User avatar
Shining Sirius
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 1171
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:40 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Ranks

Post by Shining Sirius » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:48 am

Punjab wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:58 am
I wanna be Hougen tbh
Stupid sexy Hougen. :hougen:
:riki: :gin: :john: :ben: :gdwcross: :akatora: :moss: :akame: :benizakura: :terry: :mangahakuro: :mukonga: :thousanddragon: :gaia: :weed: :hook: :jerome: :kaibutsu: :reika: :toube: :saheiji: :gdwokotetsu: :sirius: :monsoon: :bearchibi: :noah: :lonelyron: :bull: :gama2:

User avatar
Leomonade
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:49 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Ranks

Post by Leomonade » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:17 pm

Punjab wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:58 am
I wanna be Hougen tbh
SAME! XD
Image Image

User avatar
Reno
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:57 pm

Re: Ranks

Post by Reno » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:19 pm

All the ranks looks amazing! But that Hougen looks so cool

User avatar
Silver_Alchemist
Seasoned
Seasoned
Posts: 833
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:29 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Ranks

Post by Silver_Alchemist » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:08 pm

I’m aiming for that Ben rank (I won’t be spamming. Don’t worry). The adventure starts now:)
Have a nice day!

User avatar
Silver_Alchemist
Seasoned
Seasoned
Posts: 833
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:29 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Ranks

Post by Silver_Alchemist » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:29 pm

I have been quite active since the 23rd of April. In these past 4 days. I have posted a total of 80 posts, which is quite a lot (This is while not including my 3 posts in the spam forums). This means that I post on average 20 posts per day. Now, let's say that I keep on posting 80 posts in the span of 4 days from now on, I will have the Ben rank in 500 days from now on. That will probably not happen, but if I keep on being active on this website in the next 2 years, I will probably get the Ben rank if I post at least between 10 - 20 times per day. I fun little detail that could be a fun side quest LOL.
Have a nice day!

User avatar
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin
Posts: 7583
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Ranks

Post by Arano » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:53 am

Silver_Alchemist wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:29 pm
I have been quite active since the 23rd of April. In these past 4 days. I have posted a total of 80 posts, which is quite a lot (This is while not including my 3 posts in the spam forums). This means that I post on average 20 posts per day. Now, let's say that I keep on posting 80 posts in the span of 4 days from now on, I will have the Ben rank in 500 days from now on. That will probably not happen, but if I keep on being active on this website in the next 2 years, I will probably get the Ben rank if I post at least between 10 - 20 times per day. I fun little detail that could be a fun side quest LOL.
That is quite the task! The reason the ranks go up so high is because we kept everyones post count from the old forum which was yeeeaaaars old, which is why a lot of people already have high ranks already. The veteran ben rank was originally a gift to Tora who was the first to reach it on the old board, but she has the Tesshin rank now.

User avatar
Silver_Alchemist
Seasoned
Seasoned
Posts: 833
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:29 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Ranks

Post by Silver_Alchemist » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:04 am

Arano wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:53 am
Silver_Alchemist wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:29 pm
I have been quite active since the 23rd of April. In these past 4 days. I have posted a total of 80 posts, which is quite a lot (This is while not including my 3 posts in the spam forums). This means that I post on average 20 posts per day. Now, let's say that I keep on posting 80 posts in the span of 4 days from now on, I will have the Ben rank in 500 days from now on. That will probably not happen, but if I keep on being active on this website in the next 2 years, I will probably get the Ben rank if I post at least between 10 - 20 times per day. I fun little detail that could be a fun side quest LOL.
That is quite the task! The reason the ranks go up so high is because we kept everyones post count from the old forum which was yeeeaaaars old, which is why a lot of people already have high ranks already. The veteran ben rank was originally a gift to Tora who was the first to reach it on the old board, but she has the Tesshin rank now.
I thought that you kept the posts from people who joined waaayyy back. It looked like they had quite the amount of posts. 1000 is already pretty crazy. But still, this little side quest is pretty cool:) I have 124 posts right now, and I would love to get the Ben rank. It would be pretty cool.
Have a nice day!

User avatar
Dragon
Fighter
Fighter
Posts: 1641
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:39 pm
Location: Unova
Contact:

Re: Ranks

Post by Dragon » Sun May 03, 2020 2:20 am

Hey Arano, I have a suggestion ^^ It's just an idea and I'm not sure how hard or easy this would be to achieve, but I still wanna bring it up:
What if after we reach new ranks, we can go into our account settings and pick a character we'd like to rep ourselves?
It's nostalgic to be able to get to that next level character, but I know when I pass Izou, I'll miss his cute face and I'm sure some can relate.

It's not serious or anything, just an idea X'D
Image
Shigure+Izou
~Art by フコ on Pixiv~

User avatar
Silver_Alchemist
Seasoned
Seasoned
Posts: 833
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:29 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Ranks

Post by Silver_Alchemist » Sun May 03, 2020 10:07 am

Dragon wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 2:20 am
Hey Arano, I have a suggestion ^^ It's just an idea and I'm not sure how hard or easy this would be to achieve, but I still wanna bring it up:
What if after we reach new ranks, we can go into our account settings and pick a character we'd like to rep ourselves?
It's nostalgic to be able to get to that next level character, but I know when I pass Izou, I'll miss his cute face and I'm sure some can relate.

It's not serious or anything, just an idea X'D
I support this idea! I wanna be pup Gin:)
Have a nice day!

User avatar
Shining Sirius
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 1171
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:40 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Ranks

Post by Shining Sirius » Sun May 03, 2020 3:17 pm

Dragon wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 2:20 am
What if after we reach new ranks, we can go into our account settings and pick a character we'd like to rep ourselves?
It's nostalgic to be able to get to that next level character, but I know when I pass Izou, I'll miss his cute face and I'm sure some can relate.
As satisfying as it is to move up through the ranks and enjoy Kasi's beautiful colouring job on each of the badges, I have to admit that I do kind of want to be just a little bit selfish by keeping my boy's Sirius rank. :sirius:
:FLY:
:riki: :gin: :john: :ben: :gdwcross: :akatora: :moss: :akame: :benizakura: :terry: :mangahakuro: :mukonga: :thousanddragon: :gaia: :weed: :hook: :jerome: :kaibutsu: :reika: :toube: :saheiji: :gdwokotetsu: :sirius: :monsoon: :bearchibi: :noah: :lonelyron: :bull: :gama2:

User avatar
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin
Posts: 7583
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Ranks

Post by Arano » Sun May 03, 2020 4:53 pm

Dragon wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 2:20 am
Hey Arano, I have a suggestion ^^ It's just an idea and I'm not sure how hard or easy this would be to achieve, but I still wanna bring it up:
What if after we reach new ranks, we can go into our account settings and pick a character we'd like to rep ourselves?
It's nostalgic to be able to get to that next level character, but I know when I pass Izou, I'll miss his cute face and I'm sure some can relate.

It's not serious or anything, just an idea X'D
It's not possible to pick the rank I'm afraid, the whole mechanic is based on post count!

User avatar
Silver_Alchemist
Seasoned
Seasoned
Posts: 833
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:29 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Ranks

Post by Silver_Alchemist » Tue May 05, 2020 5:46 pm

I noticed a little funny thing about the ranks.

There is only 2 ranks that have a character from GNG. Gin (as a pup) and Ben. The thing is, that Gin is the very first badge you get, and Ben is the very last one. And Gin is a pup, while Ben is a fully grown adult who has lived a LIFE! A little funny thing I just noticed:)
Have a nice day!

User avatar
Wolpard
Fighter
Fighter
Posts: 1674
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:17 am
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Ranks

Post by Wolpard » Tue May 05, 2020 6:06 pm

Silver_Alchemist wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 5:46 pm
I noticed a little funny thing about the ranks.

There is only 2 ranks that have a character from GNG. Gin (as a pup) and Ben. The thing is, that Gin is the very first badge you get, and Ben is the very last one. And Gin is a pup, while Ben is a fully grown adult who has lived a LIFE! A little funny thing I just noticed:)
... I actually didnt realize there were so few GNG ranks (outside of mod ranks). :derpgin:

User avatar
Silver_Alchemist
Seasoned
Seasoned
Posts: 833
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:29 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Ranks

Post by Silver_Alchemist » Tue May 05, 2020 6:14 pm

Wolpard wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 6:06 pm
Silver_Alchemist wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 5:46 pm
I noticed a little funny thing about the ranks.

There is only 2 ranks that have a character from GNG. Gin (as a pup) and Ben. The thing is, that Gin is the very first badge you get, and Ben is the very last one. And Gin is a pup, while Ben is a fully grown adult who has lived a LIFE! A little funny thing I just noticed:)
... I actually didnt realize there were so few GNG ranks (outside of mod ranks). :derpgin:
I didn't realize that either, until now. I just saw it and was like "LOL" XD
Have a nice day!

User avatar
Raki
Upholder
Upholder
Posts: 1463
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:31 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Ranks

Post by Raki » Tue May 05, 2020 7:11 pm

Silver_Alchemist wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 5:46 pm
I noticed a little funny thing about the ranks.

There is only 2 ranks that have a character from GNG. Gin (as a pup) and Ben. The thing is, that Gin is the very first badge you get, and Ben is the very last one. And Gin is a pup, while Ben is a fully grown adult who has lived a LIFE! A little funny thing I just noticed:)
That's a good theory :tfw_sirius3:
Image
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

User avatar
Silver_Alchemist
Seasoned
Seasoned
Posts: 833
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:29 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Ranks

Post by Silver_Alchemist » Tue May 05, 2020 7:27 pm

Raki wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 7:11 pm
Silver_Alchemist wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 5:46 pm
I noticed a little funny thing about the ranks.

There is only 2 ranks that have a character from GNG. Gin (as a pup) and Ben. The thing is, that Gin is the very first badge you get, and Ben is the very last one. And Gin is a pup, while Ben is a fully grown adult who has lived a LIFE! A little funny thing I just noticed:)
That's a good theory :tfw_sirius3:
We can call it a theory:) You know what, it's probably just a part of the lore behind Ginga and GingaBoard! What is the secret?

Don't take it seriously:)
Have a nice day!

User avatar
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin
Posts: 7583
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Ranks

Post by Arano » Wed May 06, 2020 8:17 am

Silver_Alchemist wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 7:27 pm
Raki wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 7:11 pm
Silver_Alchemist wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 5:46 pm
I noticed a little funny thing about the ranks.

There is only 2 ranks that have a character from GNG. Gin (as a pup) and Ben. The thing is, that Gin is the very first badge you get, and Ben is the very last one. And Gin is a pup, while Ben is a fully grown adult who has lived a LIFE! A little funny thing I just noticed:)
That's a good theory :tfw_sirius3:
We can call it a theory:) You know what, it's probably just a part of the lore behind Ginga and GingaBoard! What is the secret?

Don't take it seriously:)
WELL.

On the previous iteration of GB, popular GNG characters were reserved for admin/mod/special ranks, and regular ranks were GDW characters (topic of old ranks here). The same is still true, except with the huge rank expansion to cover more post milestones (by popular demand) we included GDW:O characters as well.

We just thought it would be fitting for everyone to start off as a baby Gin :)
Ben is the true popular veteran character of the series so the top post rank we made for Tora reaching it could be no-one else :ben:

I think the fact the ranks begin and end on GNG characters wasn't entirely planned... it just ended up that way!

Post Reply

Return to “Main”