Ranks

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Astor
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Ranks

Post by Astor »

Thank you everyone! We’re really looking forward to getting the RPG section running! Thank you Kasi for giving us the most awesome rank design!
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Thank you again Kasi and Arano for the new rank! It’s gorgeous!

Super hyped to get the section up and running! And we hope you’ll all enjoy it and have a blast! There are many cool things to come! :D
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
Punjab
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Punjab »

I wanna be Hougen tbh
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Punjab wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:58 am I wanna be Hougen tbh
Stupid sexy Hougen. :hougen:
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Punjab wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:58 am I wanna be Hougen tbh
SAME! XD
Image Image
Reno
Friend
Friend

Post by Reno »

All the ranks looks amazing! But that Hougen looks so cool
Image Avatar and banner done by Kasi. Sprite by GSDJohn!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

I’m aiming for that Ben rank (I won’t be spamming. Don’t worry). The adventure starts now:)
Have a nice day!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

I have been quite active since the 23rd of April. In these past 4 days. I have posted a total of 80 posts, which is quite a lot (This is while not including my 3 posts in the spam forums). This means that I post on average 20 posts per day. Now, let's say that I keep on posting 80 posts in the span of 4 days from now on, I will have the Ben rank in 500 days from now on. That will probably not happen, but if I keep on being active on this website in the next 2 years, I will probably get the Ben rank if I post at least between 10 - 20 times per day. I fun little detail that could be a fun side quest LOL.
Have a nice day!
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:29 pm I have been quite active since the 23rd of April. In these past 4 days. I have posted a total of 80 posts, which is quite a lot (This is while not including my 3 posts in the spam forums). This means that I post on average 20 posts per day. Now, let's say that I keep on posting 80 posts in the span of 4 days from now on, I will have the Ben rank in 500 days from now on. That will probably not happen, but if I keep on being active on this website in the next 2 years, I will probably get the Ben rank if I post at least between 10 - 20 times per day. I fun little detail that could be a fun side quest LOL.
That is quite the task! The reason the ranks go up so high is because we kept everyones post count from the old forum which was yeeeaaaars old, which is why a lot of people already have high ranks already. The veteran ben rank was originally a gift to Tora who was the first to reach it on the old board, but she has the Tesshin rank now.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Arano wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:53 am
Silver_Alchemist wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:29 pm I have been quite active since the 23rd of April. In these past 4 days. I have posted a total of 80 posts, which is quite a lot (This is while not including my 3 posts in the spam forums). This means that I post on average 20 posts per day. Now, let's say that I keep on posting 80 posts in the span of 4 days from now on, I will have the Ben rank in 500 days from now on. That will probably not happen, but if I keep on being active on this website in the next 2 years, I will probably get the Ben rank if I post at least between 10 - 20 times per day. I fun little detail that could be a fun side quest LOL.
That is quite the task! The reason the ranks go up so high is because we kept everyones post count from the old forum which was yeeeaaaars old, which is why a lot of people already have high ranks already. The veteran ben rank was originally a gift to Tora who was the first to reach it on the old board, but she has the Tesshin rank now.
I thought that you kept the posts from people who joined waaayyy back. It looked like they had quite the amount of posts. 1000 is already pretty crazy. But still, this little side quest is pretty cool:) I have 124 posts right now, and I would love to get the Ben rank. It would be pretty cool.
Have a nice day!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Hey Arano, I have a suggestion ^^ It's just an idea and I'm not sure how hard or easy this would be to achieve, but I still wanna bring it up:
What if after we reach new ranks, we can go into our account settings and pick a character we'd like to rep ourselves?
It's nostalgic to be able to get to that next level character, but I know when I pass Izou, I'll miss his cute face and I'm sure some can relate.

It's not serious or anything, just an idea X'D

ImageImage
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Dragon wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 2:20 am Hey Arano, I have a suggestion ^^ It's just an idea and I'm not sure how hard or easy this would be to achieve, but I still wanna bring it up:
What if after we reach new ranks, we can go into our account settings and pick a character we'd like to rep ourselves?
It's nostalgic to be able to get to that next level character, but I know when I pass Izou, I'll miss his cute face and I'm sure some can relate.

I support this idea! I wanna be pup Gin:)
Have a nice day!
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Dragon wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 2:20 am What if after we reach new ranks, we can go into our account settings and pick a character we'd like to rep ourselves?
As satisfying as it is to move up through the ranks and enjoy Kasi's beautiful colouring job on each of the badges, I have to admit that I do kind of want to be just a little bit selfish by keeping my boy's Sirius rank. :sirius:
:FLY:
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Dragon wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 2:20 am Hey Arano, I have a suggestion ^^ It's just an idea and I'm not sure how hard or easy this would be to achieve, but I still wanna bring it up:

It's not possible to pick the rank I'm afraid, the whole mechanic is based on post count!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

I noticed a little funny thing about the ranks.

There is only 2 ranks that have a character from GNG. Gin (as a pup) and Ben. The thing is, that Gin is the very first badge you get, and Ben is the very last one. And Gin is a pup, while Ben is a fully grown adult who has lived a LIFE! A little funny thing I just noticed:)
Have a nice day!
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:46 pm I noticed a little funny thing about the ranks.

There is only 2 ranks that have a character from GNG. Gin (as a pup) and Ben. The thing is, that Gin is the very first badge you get, and Ben is the very last one. And Gin is a pup, while Ben is a fully grown adult who has lived a LIFE! A little funny thing I just noticed:)
... I actually didnt realize there were so few GNG ranks (outside of mod ranks). :derpgin:
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Wolpard wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:06 pm
Silver_Alchemist wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:46 pm I noticed a little funny thing about the ranks.

... I actually didnt realize there were so few GNG ranks (outside of mod ranks). :derpgin:
I didn't realize that either, until now. I just saw it and was like "LOL" XD
Have a nice day!
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

That's a good theory :tfw_sirius3:
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Raki wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:11 pm

We can call it a theory:) You know what, it's probably just a part of the lore behind Ginga and GingaBoard! What is the secret?

Don't take it seriously:)
Have a nice day!
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:27 pm
Raki wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:11 pm

We can call it a theory:) You know what, it's probably just a part of the lore behind Ginga and GingaBoard! What is the secret?

Don't take it seriously:)
WELL.

On the previous iteration of GB, popular GNG characters were reserved for admin/mod/special ranks, and regular ranks were GDW characters (topic of old ranks here). The same is still true, except with the huge rank expansion to cover more post milestones (by popular demand) we included GDW:O characters as well.

We just thought it would be fitting for everyone to start off as a baby Gin :)
Ben is the true popular veteran character of the series so the top post rank we made for Tora reaching it could be no-one else :ben:

I think the fact the ranks begin and end on GNG characters wasn't entirely planned... it just ended up that way!

Return to “Main”