What's the meaning of the story?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Anju to Jiromaru.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

What's the meaning of the story?

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

This short little story was very touching, but I never really understood the point of the story, and why it was written. Sure, Jiromaru was blood-related to Gin, but what was the point?

The story is still good tho:)
Have a nice day!
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Re: What's the meaning of the story?

Post by Gingaddict »

It's kinda hard to pinpoint exactly if there was a point to the story but my best guess is that this story kinds falls into the same kind of tale as the Dog of Flanders. A story in which a dog is willing to do anything to protect his owner no matter what and how dogs play an important part in our lives and we humans should honour and respect that.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

If I remember correctly, originally the story had nothing to do with Gin or his bloodlines and was just a standalone story. But then editors wanted to add the connection to other ginga series so it would help the story be more popular/sell more.
Image Image
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Gingaddict wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:18 pm It's kinda hard to pinpoint exactly if there was a point to the story but my best guess is that this story kinds falls into the same kind of tale as the Dog of Flanders. A story in which a dog is willing to do anything to protect his owner no matter what and how dogs play an important part in our lives and we humans should honour and respect that.
Thanks for telling me:) I liked the story, but was confused about what it was trying to tell me. Even tho this might not what it was trying to tell us, then it's an option, and I had no options before.
Have a nice day!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Leomonade wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:20 pm If I remember correctly, originally the story had nothing to do with Gin or his bloodlines and was just a standalone story. But then editors wanted to add the connection to other ginga series so it would help the story be more popular/sell more.
They just wanna make that money... But still, making them blood-related still makes sense, since it is a part of the franchise.
Have a nice day!

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Anju to Jiromaru”