Which bear is your favorite?

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.

Which bear from the Ginga franchise is your favorite?

Akakabuto
31%
Madara
22%
Harpoon bear
25%
Monsoon
9%
Mosa
3%
Buna
No votes
Kesagake
No votes
Others
9%

Total votes: 32

Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Which bear is your favorite?

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

FDQ wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:16 pm I always loved Madara's design with all the scars. And he's also one of the strongest bears, so he's my favorite. Close second is Harpoon bear because his story is cool and gritty
Isn't Madara a female? Or was that Mosa?
Have a nice day!
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:23 am
FDQ wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:16 pm I always loved Madara's design with all the scars. And he's also one of the strongest bears, so he's my favorite. Close second is Harpoon bear because his story is cool and gritty
No, both Madara and Mosa were males. It was a translation error in the Swedish anime where they said Madara was a female.

Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

FDQ wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:48 am
No, both Madara and Mosa were males. It was a translation error in the Swedish anime where they said Madara was a female.
Well, that happened in the danish one too XD That's why I was a little confused.
Have a nice day!
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:11 am

Well, that happened in the danish one too XD That's why I was a little confused.
The Danish ones were translated from the Swedish ones, so they had the same errors :D

Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

FDQ wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:10 pm

The Danish ones were translated from the Swedish ones, so they had the same errors :D
Well that explains it:) Do you know if there is any other error that I should be aware of, or is it just this one?
Have a nice day!
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:48 pm

Well that explains it:) Do you know if there is any other error that I should be aware of, or is it just this one?
Well, I know they messed up the names for Hazuki, Uzuki and Minazuki. There's probably more, but can't think of them right now

Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

FDQ wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:30 pm

Well, I know they messed up the names for Hazuki, Uzuki and Minazuki. There's probably more, but can't think of them right now
In the DVD danish version (the one I have, AND as a box set, just to flex XD ), they didn’t mess up the names if I recall correctly. I could send you a video of it if you like where the four heavenly kings introduces themselves (Not that it will do something, but everyone is curious. You might just be curious about this, so therefore, I am asking you this question :) ).
Have a nice day!
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:37 pm

In the DVD danish version (the one I have, AND as a box set, just to flex XD ), they didn’t mess up the names if I recall correctly. I could send you a video of it if you like where the four heavenly kings introduces themselves (Not that it will do something, but everyone is curious. You might just be curious about this, so therefore, I am asking you this question :) ).
No, they didn't mess up the names on the dvd, but they did on the vhs versions that came out originally many many years ago :D

Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

FDQ wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:12 am
Silver_Alchemist wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:37 pm

No, they didn't mess up the names on the dvd, but they did on the vhs versions that came out originally many many years ago :D
Well, at least I know that the one I have haven’t given me false names/identities:)
Have a nice day!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Okay, here are two bears that I can generally like:

Hybrid Bear
SPOILER
Akakabuto
SPOILER
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Syl16
Potential
Potential

Post by Syl16 »

I do tend to lean in for Harpoon bear, because of his backstory, personality, mysteriousness and design. I do agree that he should had a longer role.
Also, i do feel as if the others bears had longer roles.
Justarandomfan1
Potential
Potential

Post by Justarandomfan1 »

Harpoon bear. It somehow manages to creep me out :tfw_rigel2:
:bearchibi: :mole: :gdwcross: :bella: :harpoonbear: :teru: :batto: :minnie: :moss: :chibi: :bob: :kevin: :rigel: :lenny: :bon: :unsai: :zion:
SENTŌ INU
Recruit
Recruit

Post by SENTŌ INU »

I have to go for Madara. Thought his depiction in the anime was the coolest. Simple and mean (and he put up a good fight).
Syl16 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 6:11 am I do tend to lean in for Harpoon bear, because of his backstory, personality, mysteriousness and design. I do agree that he should had a longer role.
SPOILER
Findog
Potential
Potential

Post by Findog »

None of the bears are really my favorite, but Harpoon bear has always been the most unique and mysterious of all because of his backstory that scared the sh*t out of me as child XD Also, those three harpoons on his back are cool.

Same in Finnish too! Both in the cut dub and uncut subtitles XD I found out the truth from the Finnish manga, where his gender was finally translated correctly :D
Ginga forever! <3

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”