Ranks

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: Ranks

Post by Kasi »

Oh we updated with some TLW characters too (Adult Orion, Yamabiko, Bill, Zion). Thinking about it reminds me how hard it was to choose characters spanning all the years of Ginga manga we've had now, even though we increased the amounts of rank positions by a lot!
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

Arano wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:17 am
Silver_Alchemist wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:27 pm
Raki wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:11 pm

That's a good theory :tfw_sirius3:
We can call it a theory:) You know what, it's probably just a part of the lore behind Ginga and GingaBoard! What is the secret?

Don't take it seriously:)
WELL.

On the previous iteration of GB, popular GNG characters were reserved for admin/mod/special ranks, and regular ranks were GDW characters (topic of old ranks here). The same is still true, except with the huge rank expansion to cover more post milestones (by popular demand) we included GDW:O characters as well.

We just thought it would be fitting for everyone to start off as a baby Gin :)
Ben is the true popular veteran character of the series so the top post rank we made for Tora reaching it could be no-one else :ben:

I think the fact the ranks begin and end on GNG characters wasn't entirely planned... it just ended up that way!
Well, it's still very cool, and I LOVE IT! :)
Have a nice day!
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:04 am
Arano wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:53 am
Silver_Alchemist wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:29 pm I have been quite active since the 23rd of April. In these past 4 days. I have posted a total of 80 posts, which is quite a lot (This is while not including my 3 posts in the spam forums). This means that I post on average 20 posts per day. Now, let's say that I keep on posting 80 posts in the span of 4 days from now on, I will have the Ben rank in 500 days from now on. That will probably not happen, but if I keep on being active on this website in the next 2 years, I will probably get the Ben rank if I post at least between 10 - 20 times per day. I fun little detail that could be a fun side quest LOL.
That is quite the task! The reason the ranks go up so high is because we kept everyones post count from the old forum which was yeeeaaaars old, which is why a lot of people already have high ranks already. The veteran ben rank was originally a gift to Tora who was the first to reach it on the old board, but she has the Tesshin rank now.
I thought that you kept the posts from people who joined waaayyy back. It looked like they had quite the amount of posts. 1000 is already pretty crazy. But still, this little side quest is pretty cool:) I have 124 posts right now, and I would love to get the Ben rank. It would be pretty cool.
4 weeks since you joined and you've blasted through 500 posts without spamming. I'm 100% invested in your noble quest. :orion3:
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Arano wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 10:35 am

That is quite the task! The reason the ranks go up so high is because we kept everyones post count from the old forum which was yeeeaaaars old, which is why a lot of people already have high ranks already. The veteran ben rank was originally a gift to Tora who was the first to reach it on the old board, but she has the Tesshin rank now.
I thought that you kept the posts from people who joined waaayyy back. It looked like they had quite the amount of posts. 1000 is already pretty crazy. But still, this little side quest is pretty cool:) I have 124 posts right now, and I would love to get the Ben rank. It would be pretty cool.
4 weeks since you joined and you've blasted through 500 posts without spamming. I'm 100% invested in your noble quest. :orion3:
I'm trying my best:) But still, I only post if I want to post, or post if I see an opportunity with something I would actually say. I'm not posting for the sake of posting. But I am getting that rank!!!!
Have a nice day!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

500 posts in just 4 weeks?! Is that a new Ginga Board record?! Silver Alchemist is the new champion!!
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Spirit Tree wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:26 pm

500 posts in just 4 weeks?! Is that a new Ginga Board record?! Silver Alchemist is the new champion!!
It is a quest after all:) I'm gonna do my best while only say stuff that I would actually say in real life, or stuff that I could think of saying without lying. If I make posts based on lies, then it doesn't really feel like I have earned any ranks I have gained so far. I'm kinda surprised myself that I have posted so much. I was expecting around 200 posts. But in the end, what really made it possible for me to post so much (without spamming) is because of the fact that people actually reply (sometimes quote) to my topics and replies. If people didn't, I would probably be at 200 posts (my original prediction). So I guess that I can thank everyone here for the fact that I have come so far in such a short time:) I will probably not be able to repeat this success (since the lockdown in Denmark is almost over, so I won't have time to post as much because of school).

BTW, I just looked at my average post count per day, and it's at 16.97... Jesus Christ!
Have a nice day!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

striker32 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:34 pm i'm going to get ben rank
We share the same quest:) Good luck my friend!
Have a nice day!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

striker32 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:51 pm
Silver_Alchemist wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:04 pm
striker32 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:34 pm i'm going to get ben rank
We share the same quest:) Good luck my friend!
i wish good luck to you too :tfw_bella2:
Thank you:)

And remember, don't give up, 'cause this is gonna be a long journey!
Have a nice day!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

What is this “Ginga Guardian Online Newspaper”? Is it something that exists on this board as well?
Have a nice day!
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:02 pm What is this “Ginga Guardian Online Newspaper”? Is it something that exists on this board as well?
You can find it near the top of the Old Board. It isn't being continued anymore :)
Image Image
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Regnant wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:47 pm
Silver_Alchemist wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:02 pm What is this “Ginga Guardian Online Newspaper”? Is it something that exists on this board as well?
You can find it near the top of the Old Board. It isn't being continued anymore :)
Sad. It just sounded interesting to me. Oh well, I will check the old one at some point then:)
Have a nice day!
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

Why there is not a rank for Riki😢😢
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Mr Charisma wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:40 am Why there is not a rank for Riki😢😢
On the old board, Riki was a rank reserved for our member "magazine" account called 'The Ginga Guardian'. This magazine no longer exists so neither does Riki!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Arano wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:55 am
On the old board, Riki was a rank reserved for our member "magazine" account called 'The Ginga Guardian'. This magazine no longer exists so neither does Riki!
Could this magazine possibly return?
Have a nice day!
Kassified

Post by Kassified »

Arano wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:46 pm Below is a breakdown of all the board ranks and what privileges they have, if any. Gold frames indicate board management, Silver frames are special regular member ranks, Gin-blue are regular member ranks and the black one... you don't want.

All ranks coloured by Kasi.

Admin and Moderator Ranks

ImageImageImage
Admin ranks: Gin, Hakurou and John

Current Administrators: Arano (Root Admin; board owner) Kasi and Crystal.
Administrators manage and make all the final decisions regarding the board and its members.

Moderator Rank: Akame

Current Moderators: Akame
Akame moderates the Fan Board.

Past Moderators: Musica, retired 2019.
Musica moderated the Fan Board and contributed to important Admin decisions. She started on the team by helping Crystal manage the Ginga Guardian online newspaper on the old forum.

Technician Rank: Cross

This is a special rank made for Regnant, who helped considerably with skinning the new forum and has admin level access to all the "backstage" bits and pieces (has no general forum duties). This board wouldn't exist without her help!

RPG Moderator Rank: Kurotora

Current Moderators: Astor and Gingastar.
RPG Moderators manage all aspects of the RPG section.

Special Regular Member Ranks
Ranks that are unique from the regular member ranks, but have no moderator capabilities or general forum duties.

Legend Rank: Tesshin

This rank was a perk purchasable from our 2017 Indiegogo campaign to move the board. It is thanks to the generosity of these members and other backing members (full list in the forum credits) that Ginga Board was able to move from an old broken forum to a new one. This rank is a locked rank and will never be obtainable outside of this campaign.

Translator Rank: Zion

Current holders: Chani, Dragon, fantachan, Kretari and Tsudog
This rank is a special token of thanks to members who have helped keep all our information up to date by bringing Finnish and Japanese translations of Yoshihiro Takahashi's works to the board. This rank is open and obtainable by any member who contributes consistently in this way.

Regular Member Ranks
The set of ranks available to general members that change depending on post count. So far only one member of the board has broken the 10,000 mark...

Newbie: Pup Gin [0] > Recruit: Andy [50] > Potential: Bon [100] > Rookie: Kotetsu [200] > Friend: Sasuke [350]
ImageImageImageImageImage

Comrade: Kagetora [500] > Prodigy: Rigel [650] > Seasoned: George/Jouji [800] > Mentor: Sirius [1,000] > Upholder: Izou [1,250]

Fighter: Kyoushirou [1,550] > Soldier: Lydia [1,900] > Adviser: Yamabiko [2,300] > Defender: Rocket [2,800] > Champion: Orion [3,400]

Warrior: Jerome [4,200] > Victor: Yukimura [5,100] > Hero: Joe [6,000] > Supreme: Weed [8,000] > Veteran: Ben [10,000]

Unlucky Ranks

Restricted Access: Bob
This rank indicates the user is in a restricted access group. The administrators may choose to place a user in a custom restricted access if they are struggling to use the board correctly within the board rules.

Banned: Hougen
This rank indicates the user has been banned from the forum.
Excuse me, but how do you rank up? I’m new so I’m not too sure about everything.
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Kassified wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:54 pm Excuse me, but how do you rank up? I’m new so I’m not too sure about everything.
It's based off of post count. You can see your post count under your name or in your profile :)
Image Image
Kassified

Post by Kassified »

Regnant wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:09 pm
Kassified wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:54 pm Excuse me, but how do you rank up? I’m new so I’m not too sure about everything.
It's based off of post count. You can see your post count under your name or in your profile :)
Thank you!
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:54 pm
Arano wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:55 am
Could this magazine possibly return?
The magazine ended due to a gradual lack of interest, so I don't think it will come back. But never say never I guess?
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

What kind of magazine was it? :tfw_bella2:
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Raki wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:07 pm What kind of magazine was it? :tfw_bella2:
It had articles written by members, a fan art spotlight section, horoscopes, any events/special announcements etc.

I believe the 60th issue was the very last one: http://old.gingaboard.com/index9796.htm ... opic=19785 which contained a fraction of what it used to in its hay-day!
It ran for 8 years and was started by retired admin Flann, but was managed and run by Crystal and Musica. 8 years was a very good run :)

Return to “Main”