English License!

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Re: English License!

Post by Flanoir »

Well, as it turns, I've actually started looking forward to the publication process. It will be fun rediscovering GNG together each week as if it were new again. Perhaps we will be more eager to talk about that than about GDN :derpgin:

I'm okay with brindle too. That's the term favoured by the fandom as well anyway.
I could see tiger-striped being used though, but only from a dog's perspective. I perceive brindle as a more technical, human term. From a dog's perspective, and with the pride that may come with the pelt, saying "tiger-striped" wouldn't shock me.

Arano wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:30 pm
Flanoir wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:50 pm Though to be honest, the community has been so self-reliant (and efficient) those past few years when it comes to past material that it makes me kinda apathetic about the whole thing, emotionally-wise.
I think that feeling is the same for a lot of people, me included if I'm honest! I've been apathetic about the possibility of a translation for a very long time.

But, this surprised me and got me looking forward to a new chapter in ginga fan history. :)
About that last point, as mediocre as the series' quality may currently be, we're truly in a golden age! I'd never imagine back in 2008 that we would get the merch we now have - both licensed and fan-made - and that it would be that much easier to read Ginga in English.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

I asked manga planet directly on a FanFes Online discord about whether the success of GNG will lead to more. As suspected they can't promise anything :)

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

time to spam the heck out of them with support +_+

ImageImage
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Dragon wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:01 pm time to spam the heck out of them with support +_+
Oh YEAH!!!!
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Dragon wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:01 pm time to spam the heck out of them with support +_+
LET'S DO IT B)
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

Gladly:)
Have a nice day!
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Now the translation is just a couple of days away, I have posted a new topic to host any upcoming discussion to separate it from this initial reaction topic with some FAQs :)

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”