The New Ohu Dogs!

Share and trade your dog designs form the Ohu Dogs character generator!
Regnant
Technician
Technician

The New Ohu Dogs!

Post by Regnant »

Welcome to the new Ohu Dogs! Due to increasing costs and server load, we unfortunately had to make the choice to take Ohu Dogs offline. However, we are keeping the character generator online, and it features the new generator we had been working on!

This means updated lineart, new bases, big color picker, and more! Check it out at https://ohudogs.com!!!

Basic rules of use of this new generator:
  • Users are not allowed to use Ohu Dogs artwork without giving credit directly back to Ohu Dogs in text form. This means adding a caption to images with the words "Ohu Dogs" or "OhuDogs.com" listed somewhere near the image. If posting in this Ginga Board forum, you can bypass this rule.
  • You cannot remove the "Ohu Dogs" text background or leg text.
  • You can modify Ohu Dogs artwork, as long as credit is still present as stated above.
  • You cannot sell anything using Ohu Dogs artwork for real profit or a virtual currency that can be exchanged for real money (this includes DeviantArt Points).
  • You can sell for virtual currency, as long as the rule above is followed.
You are welcome to use this forum to share designs, trade, etc! Note that the rules also apply to previous Ohu Dogs during the old game~
Image Image
Akame
Legend
Legend

Re: The New Ohu Dogs!

Post by Akame »

It’s been a while since I saw the site, I didn’t realise how much had been added! This will be so handy for anyone in need of a character ref 😭🙏
avatar drawn by my friend YerLakar on twitter
sorry for my infrequent visits! am working on it
Houndy

Post by Houndy »

Regnant wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:25 pmYou cannot remove the "Ohu Dogs" text background or leg text.
Is using black background color considered as removing the "Ohu Dogs" text background because it hides the text? You should make it so that if the background color is dark enough, the text becomes lighter and therefore stays visible despite of the background color.
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Houndy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:47 pm
Regnant wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:25 pmYou cannot remove the "Ohu Dogs" text background or leg text.
Is using black background color considered as removing the "Ohu Dogs" text background because it hides the text? You should make it so that if the background color is dark enough, the text becomes lighter and therefore stays visible despite of the background color.
Yes I realized that was a possibility, but it's something I'm willing to overlook in those cases :) It's the same with the leg text too that it can get hidden out.

If those issues happen, it's acceptable don't worry! I'm not being extremely strict with the credit rules unless there is clear going around it (like editing it out, not giving any sort of credit, selling bases, etc).
Image Image
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

I'm curious, what is Ohu Dogs? :)
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Raki wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:05 am I'm curious, what is Ohu Dogs? :)
It was a fun clicker game where you could create custom dogs, and click across a map to "fight" various Ginga characters, collect and win rations, trade custom designs etc. Now it is just a character generator which is the most fun bit ;) you can use it to create OC's for roleplaying, or as Akame said further up it's handy for character references - eg if you have an OC but with no reference for someone to draw it for you, you can create it using this!

I've been playing with the new generator and the randomiser makes AMAZING sparkledogs XD
LavenderInk

Post by LavenderInk »

I'm here too now. Still working on my ohudogs collection dreamwidth, but I lacked the energy to do anything on it recently. I can post dogs from the new generator into my dreamwidth too, right?
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Arano wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:01 pm
Raki wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:05 am I'm curious, what is Ohu Dogs? :)
It was a fun clicker game where you could create custom dogs, and click across a map to "fight" various Ginga characters, collect and win rations, trade custom designs etc. Now it is just a character generator which is the most fun bit ;) you can use it to create OC's for roleplaying, or as Akame said further up it's handy for character references - eg if you have an OC but with no reference for someone to draw it for you, you can create it using this!

I've been playing with the new generator and the randomiser makes AMAZING sparkledogs XD
Oh I see, thank you so much for your explanation! :D
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

LavenderInk wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:14 pm I'm here too now. Still working on my ohudogs collection dreamwidth, but I lacked the energy to do anything on it recently. I can post dogs from the new generator into my dreamwidth too, right?
Yep feel free to share them anywhere as long as you follow the guidelines stated :)
Image Image
Zjero

Post by Zjero »

I'm glad OhuDogs can live on, here in GingaBoard : D
:KRUMP:
Thefox

Post by Thefox »

Love that you guys saved the dog creator. I made two already, and brothers I shall make more.

Do got a question about the "modify Ohu Dogs" does this mean we edit the lines. as long as we keep it noticeable and keep the watermark credit on it? like adding more stuff to the base and markings.
ImageI 💜 Dobermans Image
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Thefox wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:01 am Do got a question about the "modify Ohu Dogs" does this mean we edit the lines. as long as we keep it noticeable and keep the watermark credit on it? like adding more stuff to the base and markings.
That is exactly correct! You are more than welcome to modify the bases provided as long as credit remains :)
Image Image
Situldis

Post by Situldis »

Hi ! I love the new generator and the cartoony style of the dogs !
Just a bit sad the sitting "mastiff" like base did not make it to the new one, I love that base ^^

Return to “Ohu Dogs”