Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Spirit Tree »

I wouldn’t worry too much about the series becoming “kid-friendly” either. The Ginga series has always been teen to adult themed. YamaDora provided those examples earlier. So there’s no need to be concerned.

Rocket’s not gonna die. I can assure that he’ll be saved.

Also I’ve been thinking about Fanta’s “Scorpio” theory. Could this “greater demon” be called Scorpio when he finally comes out of hiding? Alternatively I think this villain could be called Lorenzo. Yes I know I mentioned that before, but why not bring that back?

I would like to take another shot at predictions since my last two lists seem to be a mystery or invalid. I’ll make it a little different this time. But before that, since the chapter title says “Battle in Echigo” or something like that, I assume this battle will go on for the entire 8th volume? Imagine how exhausting that can be. Anyway onto this:
SPOILER
I do hope some of these come true. It would be a miracle if Yoshi could make that happen. But the chance may be slim. In Fanta’s words, “Yoshi’s not that creative.” But let’s see how this will work out.

My God, I really am making myself a creative prediction wizard, aren’t I?
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

https://twitter.com/ginga_soul146/statu ... 34432?s=21

Info on Chapter 58 is now showing.

Don’t know why we aren’t seeing any preview images anymore. But that’s ginga_soul’s choice, I guess. Once again ginga_soul talks about blood. And according to the quick Google Translate, “besides the Ou army and the boss rank, all the enemies and allies have succeeded in leaving.”

Don’t know what that’s supposed to mean, but maybe something to keep note of.

EDIT
Another thing to take note of. And it seems rather interesting.
https://twitter.com/ginga_soul146/statu ... 67426?s=21
“It’s not a sickle, it’s a fang!” 👀
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
vanille
Translator
Translator

Post by vanille »

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Here is chapter 58 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xduu21kcdr6l ... FpQTa?dl=0

It's getting exciting!
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

vanille wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:48 am ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Here is chapter 58 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

It's getting exciting!
Ty again for the chapter Vanille!

Rigel my bby boi! You make me so proud!
:tfw_rigel3:
Image Image
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Thank you, vanille! You’re the best! :tfw_bella2:

My initial thoughts:
Good news, everyone! Rocket is saved, courtesy of Rigel using Ningatou to slice Wanwan’s back leg! At first, I thought he was going for his-
Never mind. Don’t wanna say it. Weed is still not catching a break, isn’t he? Once again he has to be carried away to safety due to injury. Nobushi is safe, too, thank God. Don’t worry, Weed. Leave it to your son Orion to clean up the garbage against those three evil dumb brothers. May I mention that the chapter cover looks cool? Because it does to me!
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Thanks vanille!! <3

My thoughts below:
SPOILER
Last edited by Tsukitora on Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Spirit Tree wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:59 am At first, I thought he was going for his-
Never mind. Don’t wanna say it.
Imo if anyone went for that it’d have to be Kinta XD
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Man, it would've been so funny if Rigel's Ningatou took off Wanwan's balls, then the entire Aka-ari arc could be dedicated to Wanwan avenging the loss of his testicles...XD

...WTF am I even saying. :tfw_aokabuto2:

Thanks for the chapter, vanille!
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Tsukitora wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:54 am
Spirit Tree wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:59 am At first, I thought he was going for his-
Never mind. Don’t wanna say it.
Imo if anyone went for that it’d have to be Kinta XD
fantachan wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:56 am Man, it would've been so funny if Rigel's Ningatou took off Wanwan's balls, then the entire Aka-ari arc could be dedicated to Wanwan avenging the loss of his testicles...XD

...WTF am I even saying. :tfw_aokabuto2:

Thanks for the chapter, vanille!
Not the only one thinking that XD

But yay for Rigel using Ningatô!
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

I was over here thinking 'holy crap, is Rigel about to channel his inner Masamune and chop off Wanwan's whole leg?!' but ...
fantachan wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:56 am Man, it would've been so funny if Rigel's Ningatou took off Wanwan's balls, then the entire Aka-ari arc could be dedicated to Wanwan avenging the loss of his testicles...XD
If this happened... that would be something too LOL Channeling his Hiro instead. :orion4:

Felt like a weirdly short chapter with kinda nothing happening o3o
Interesting how Shuou and Beniou completely ignored the Ohu army to aid their bro. I guess they kinda care about each other? Maybe?

ImageImage
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

vanille wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:48 am ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Here is chapter 58 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

It's getting exciting!
Thank you for the chapter! :tfw_bella2:
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Thanks for the chapter!
SPOILER
Bambalui

Post by Bambalui »

For some reason that chapter felt a slow, little bit of a letdown considering the ending of the last chapter.

So glad Rigel finally got to do something even remotely related to combat, but of course as soon as he gets to do something cool, the spotlight is taken away straight away to glorify Orion some more.

Come on Orion at least let him finish his fight with "Wangwang" uninterrupted as should be the Ohu way before my poor guy gets thrown back into the empty void of useless characters where he has been residing for like the whole of TLW and GDWO (basically since he was born).

Also kinda funny how "WangWang" almost lost his Wang.

:tfw_rigel2: Rigels face when he saw Big brother coming back and he knew he was about to become a background character again
Ziik

Post by Ziik »

Thank you vanille!
Don't you all think they look a bit toothless recently? Don't forget to brush and floss, Ohu dogs.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

WolfKing wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:39 am Thanks for the chapter!
SPOILER
Don’t worry, dude. I do believe Orion’s character development is still in progress and will not be abandoned at all. In this situation, his character development is probably just put on pause because he has to deal with those 3 idiotic brothers. So there is no time for him to be in depression mode.

But of course, I don’t want to see Orion turn back into his hotheaded TLW form either. But I also don’t want to see him turn completely into what Sirius was in TLW. We should let him change in a better way. I just hope my “dark and light sides” theory will be in effect for Orion.

He is pissed off for the moment. Especially with what Shuou did to Noah. So for Orion to get pissed off at a villain who hurt someone that he respects is quite natural. But after all, those 3 evil dumb brothers are looking less intimidating, especially Shuou, who really is the dumbest of the brothers.

I can assure you that Yoshi won’t forget about Orion’s character development. But if he does, I will be greatly disappointed. :tfw_orion2
Ziik wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:45 pm Thank you vanille!
Don't you think they look a bit toothless recently? Don't forget to brush and floss, Ohu dogs.
Plus, Izou’s face looks a bit funny. What the hell did happen to his teeth? :P4:
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Spirit Tree wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:13 pm
WolfKing wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:39 am Thanks for the chapter!
SPOILER
Don’t worry, dude. I do believe Orion’s character development is still in progress and will not be abandoned at all. In this situation, his character development is probably just put on pause because he has to deal with those 3 idiotic brothers. So there is no time for him to be in depression mode.

But of course, I don’t want to see Orion turn back into his hotheaded TLW form either. But I also don’t want to see him turn completely into what Sirius was in TLW. We should let him change in a better way. I just hope my “dark and light sides” theory will be in effect for Orion.

He is pissed off for the moment. Especially with what Shuou did to Noah. So for Orion to get pissed off at a villain who hurt someone that he respects is quite natural. But after all, those 3 evil dumb brothers are looking less intimidating, especially Shuou, who really is the dumbest of the brothers.

I can assure you that Yoshi won’t forget about Orion’s character development. But if he does, I will be greatly disappointed. :tfw_orion2
Ziik wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:45 pm Thank you vanille!
Don't you think they look a bit toothless recently? Don't forget to brush and floss, Ohu dogs.
Plus, Izou’s face looks a bit funny. What the hell did happen to his teeth? :P4:
Yeah you're right man. Well i also don't want him to become what Sirius was in TLW either, and i've also wished since the start that he will learn to balance "dark and light side" and of course reconcile with Sirius. I do believe Yoshi will remember development, but his slippery hand is risky.

Truly those 3 are so dumb that they aren't a true threat really, well except for anyone else than Orion. But it further makes my point clear that Yoshi always makes Orion stronger than his enemies even at that size etc. I've started to like Orion more, but i still feel that Yoshi could seriously make at least the "big demon" thing a serious threat to him, otherwise it's just dull and predictable. Also it comes off as character shilling.

Anyway the part with Weed, it seems like Yoshi dislikes him these days since he made him into a bad father and suddenly always gets injured as an excuse to kick him out. Yoshi prioritizes Orion so much that almost everyone else (Except Sirius and now Rigel finally perhaps) are boring and pointless characters who just stand there and fight a little. I DON'T BLAME ORION, I BLAME YOSHI HIMSELF FOR IT. Yoshi mentioned in an interview that he views Gin and Weed as "too soft" which partly explains the contradictions in the tone and messages from previous stories.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Personally, I think that Yoshi keeps benching Weed because he's too powerful - while his track record during the last three series has been pretty abysmal, he is (or was?) the Supreme Commander of Ohu who spent all of GDW fighting enemies far larger and more experienced than himself. Unlike Gin, he should still be in the prime of his youth and thus you can't explain his über protagonist superpowers simply having been dulled with age, so Yoshi is forced to come up with ways to keep him out of commission or risk making him seem inexplicably weaker as an adult than he was as a pup/adolescent (his embarrassing "duel" with Masamune in GDWO being a good example of this).

Basically, this is what happens when you make your protagonist super powerful and then create a new protagonist for the sequels without properly "retiring" the old one - you have to keep coming up with reasons for why the new protagonist has to solve all the problems now instead of just letting the old protagonist work their usual "I'm unstoppable" magic. I don't think Yoshi hates Weed, he just wrote himself into a corner by passing the main character torch to Orion so soon (timeline-wise) after GDW and he has to keep Weed out of the spotlight to keep him from overshadowing Orion.

Anyway, seeing Rigel using the Ningatou again is pretty great. :surprisegin:

Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

I was going to make a response about Weed. But Digsu already made a great point.

Considering that Weed was the main protagonist for 60 whole volumes, it does make sense that Weed is so powerful that when his son came to take over at the new main protagonist and Yoshi made him so powerful as well, Weed has been thrown into rougher situations because he’s still young and not yet getting the proper reserve role like Gin. So it’s not that Yoshi dislikes Weed, like Digsu said, or looks to kill him off soon. It’s like Yoshi is putting Weed in a minor status because Yoshi does not seem to want to do too much with him as a major figure, causing him to get more of the spotlight when he had spent 60 volumes under it as a major character. Although it does suck so much that Weed is not a good father during his place in minority.

But with how Weed is getting hurt because of his power, Orion is also real powerful but doesn’t get injured like Weed has gotten. It could be because he’s the main protagonist now, but is Yoshi really making Orion overpowered so much that he doesn’t ever receive big injuries like Weed? Only time will tell. I mean I’m not a Ginga expert, but I’m just thinking.

I do agree that the characters in the Ou army have not been the same since TLW. However, I wouldn’t call them dull. They’re just not the same. While it’s good to root for those heroes, they need to figure out a way to make themselves better again. A small dilemma is still lurking. But I do say that Orion is getting too much of the spotlight when other important characters in Orion’s generation should, too.

Speaking of volumes, Orion is now heading into his 60th volume as the main protagonist, tied with Weed. Orion is about to have even more. Let’s see how long he will go.

I tried to make sense with this. I hope it’s understandable. But like I said, I’m not a Ginga expert. They’re just my thoughts.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Spirit Tree wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:48 pm But with how Weed is getting hurt because of his power, Orion is also real powerful but doesn’t get injured like Weed has gotten. It could be because he’s the main protagonist now, but is Yoshi really making Orion overpowered so much that he doesn’t ever receive big injuries like Weed? Only time will tell. I mean I’m not a Ginga expert, but I’m just thinking.
Like you said, Orion is the protagonist and has been for the past two series now so he can't get seriously injured, simply because the story revolves around him and if he's out of commission, the story can't progress, either (at least not in Ginga, in other series it could work as a way of giving the main character some time for introspection while allowing other characters to get more attention, but given how action-driven and reliant on the protagonists Ginga is, that's unlikely to happen). Orion is so powerful because he has to solve the biggest problems, while Weed has to get injured so Yoshi has an excuse for why he can't solve them instead.

Weed was the same in GDW, he could literally get shot multiple times and be right as rain less than one full chapter later. He could get injured, sure, but a serious injury that benches him for half the series (like in GDWO, or TLW, or what's likely going to happen here) was completely out of the question, and the same goes for Orion.

WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Well i have to agree with you Spirit Tree and Digsu, you made great points.

True saying that Yoshi hates Weed was a little too much, and he's only trying to keep him from taking the focus from the protagonist which is great actually. And true Weed also got injured a lot in GDW and brushed it off later on. He's also not the protagonist anymore which i understand perfectly, but it still bugs me that he's changed so much for the worse since GDWO and that's sad.

I called Ou supporting characters dull, i meant it in the way that they haven't been given much to do recently and therefore they are thrown to the side and that's what makes them a bit boring. In GNG and GDW we had plenty of characters aside from the protagonist and most of them had something to do and were interesting, while these days not so much.

What doesn't help matters is that there are new characters introduced in GDWO and they're not very interesting since they haven't been given much of a personality or essence to the plot. Yamabiko and Bon along with Andy for example, they just feel like tag-along guys. Yeah Ou just isn't the same anymore.

I'm not being trying to be critical or condemn new characters, but i wish that they could at least have something to do. But still you have made some great points and it does make sense

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”