Ginga confessions

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Re: Ginga confessions

Post by Dragon »

As cool of an arc it was, Yukimura's final battle with Shogun is hard to watch because of all the axe killings ;;;
Sharp weapons always made me squirmy and Yoshi went all out with how realistic Shogun's sloppy slices would hurt the others. Heads getting just part of an ear cut off, that one traitor monkey's imperfect cut, even Yukimura's stab and being held up by the stick was like AAAAAAAAAAAAA.
I still feel this way about Kurojaki VS Akame with the sickle, Hayato's death, and Orion's finishing attack on Monsoon too. ~.~

..BUT DOGS CUTTING WITH THEIR FANGS ARE OK. Weird brain :tfw_sirius2:

ImageImage
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

I always struggle to remember which of the doberman assassins is Thunder and which one is Lecter. :thunder: :lecter:

I've used their smilies here to remind me for the hundredth time, but I can guarantee you that I will have forgotten again in about an hour's time. :yama1:
Sonichu
Defender
Defender

Post by Sonichu »

The dog fighting arcs/characters never really bothered me since they were so fantastical, yet I shudder at the (Pit Bull) fight writeups in my vintage dog books. :THOT:

Dragon wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:09 am As cool of an arc it was, Yukimura's final battle with Shogun is hard to watch because of all the axe killings ;;;
Sharp weapons always made me squirmy and Yoshi went all out with how realistic Shogun's sloppy slices would hurt the others. Heads getting just part of an ear cut off, that one traitor monkey's imperfect cut, even Yukimura's stab and being held up by the stick was like AAAAAAAAAAAAA.
I still feel this way about Kurojaki VS Akame with the sickle, Hayato's death, and Orion's finishing attack on Monsoon too. ~.~

..BUT DOGS CUTTING WITH THEIR FANGS ARE OK. Weird brain :tfw_sirius2:
Possibly because axes/sickles etc are human. We see them go in and our monkey brain goes 'that could happen to me!' while fangs don't have the same strong effect(?)
Yukimura's arc was probably the goriest one tbh
Sonichu
Defender
Defender

Post by Sonichu »

I cannot stand Silverthepuppy's Ginga fan work. There is no plot and no actual content, but he constantly amps it up like he's God's gift to the fandom. Really can't understand how he still has fans.
But if you point the story having anything related to Ginga out, he'll scream that it's not ginga anymore'
Bruh stop

I'm really not too interested in a lot of ginga fanwork actually. I'm too much of a picky bitch I guess.
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

KremlinJill wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:03 pm I cannot stand Silverthepuppy's Ginga fan work. There is no plot and no actual content, but he constantly amps it up like he's God's gift to the fandom. Really can't understand how he still has fans.
But if you point the story having anything related to Ginga out, he'll scream that it's not ginga anymore'
Bruh stop

I'm really not too interested in a lot of ginga fanwork actually. I'm too much of a picky bitch I guess.
I never was a fan of him even waaaaaaaaaaay back in the day and watched all of his content to see what everyone was talking about. And normally I like bad little kid ms paint animations with characters that are just Weed recolored with green fur lol
I guess it was alright for the time but it didn't age well and all I hear is that it's going to be rebooted but nothing really to show for it?

Dunno if he still goes after green Weed ocs but my main peeve with him is how crappy and stuck up his attitude is towards his fans :S I don't know how such rude people can always keep a fanbase. A lot of really popular ginga fan artists seem to be absolutely hateful and toxic to their fans or in general :( like I never liked nekonotaishou either, and they're still very popular despite me seeing them all the time in the 2010s going after users for "not being original enough", (some ocs they were hating on for looking too much like a Ginga character, they themselves had a oc exactly like that..) or they thought the art was unrealistic or ugly.
Some users they even stalked and made literal pages of hate + snark art towards them on livejournal for years just because they thought their Ginga fan comic was stupid and ugly looking despite the user trying to improve and doing some of the changes they demanded they do. Disgusting. Sometimes they could give good constructive criticism but usually it was just "everything looks deformed!" with no mention of how to fix it or stupid comments like "their stupid face marking looks like birdshit lol" and none of that is remotely a constructive crit.

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
Rals
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Rals »

I find that the Ginga fandom is a particularly bad for mixing up canon and fanon and it bothers me deeply. It's not a new phenomenon either. When I first got into Ginga in 2008 it was just accepted that Ben and Moss were half-brothers because??? Who knows where that came from. And that Pink Dragon was female and that the koga dogs were shikoku ken. I can sort of see why it happens. The fandom so small - especially the English speaking side - that if something gains traction its easily spread. But it's still frustrating.

Another confession is the GDW is probably in the top ten of samurai anime haha. Everything about it is a samurai anime.
A red pandolar bear pandolar bearing along

Pfp and sig by Akame <3
Sonichu
Defender
Defender

Post by Sonichu »

Morti wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:13 am I find that the Ginga fandom is a particularly bad for mixing up canon and fanon and it bothers me deeply. It's not a new phenomenon either. When I first got into Ginga in 2008 it was just accepted that Ben and Moss were half-brothers because??? Who knows where that came from. And that Pink Dragon was female and that the koga dogs were shikoku ken. I can sort of see why it happens. The fandom so small - especially the English speaking side - that if something gains traction its easily spread. But it's still frustrating.
YES!
I also wish the fandom would read more of the canon that is available instead of going off of random spoilers and what user 132420435903459 said. It's perfectly fine to hate a character or plot line-bit at least have manga panels to support your claim. It's so exhausting to read debates that sound like the ones we had back in the day when scans were a pipe dream :tfw_aokabuto2:
We have scans now, why not read them...? I will never understand the logic that "I can write so much better than Yoshi" when Yoshi's actual work has barely been read...
I've been in this fandom way too long
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

When I first watched GDW as a kid, I was super excited to see a character named Jerome since my godfather is named Jerome
So I drew Jerome and sent the picture to him bc I thought it was funny :surprisegin:

...Thinking about it now, I'm glad he never looked into the series bc he'd probably wonder why I was watching something so violent at that age and why was it called WEED :jeromeder:
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
sabrus
Recruit
Recruit

Post by sabrus »

I never cried during any ginga deaths :EMPTY: well, maybe except for John's death scene
:kisaragi: :uzuki: :hazuki: :minazuki: :izou: :harpoonbear: :retsuga: :rigel:
Juhomoro
Potential
Potential

Post by Juhomoro »

I also thought Smith was a girl because the Finnish voice was a woman. Same thing with Hyena :yama1:
Bonisfab
Friend
Friend

Post by Bonisfab »

sabrus wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:47 am I never cried during any ginga deaths :EMPTY: well, maybe except for John's death scene
I haven't really cried either. In fact I can't think of a single death that would've made me so upset. Sirius's death was sad but the manga ended so quickly I barely even realized he died. :tfw_aokabuto2:

My confession is that I used to write Kurotora as Kuratora when I was a kid. It literally means mud tiger. I guess that would suit him too :tfw_rigel1:
Image"We are the demon dogs!" Image
Team Sasuke :sasuke:
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

I like the Monkey arc a lot :surprisegin:

More than the Wolf arc, for sure
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

I will never not be salty that Manga!Weed or Sirius got any scars. :weed: :sirius:
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Here's a new confession for you - I like it when the manga shows the dogs just chilling and having fun like when the Star Sibs interacted in First Wars, when the army was celebrating Reika and Hiro's puppies and when Weed and Koyuki were falling in love. I really wish we had more parts and bits like that in the series. It was good to see them just have peace for a while.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Out of all the villains in the Ginga franchise, I sympathize with Masamune a little because of his past history with his father Terumune. Yes, Masamune was still an evil and cruel bastard, but his dad was abusive and a total jerk to him when he was younger. Because come on, couldn't there have been a better and much less painful way to train your son? It's no wonder Masamune was very mad and upset at his father before. I guess this is why Masamune is my top favorite villain.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
dolan
Potential
Potential

Post by dolan »

some confessions of mine:

in 2013, i considered myself a fan of ginga even though the only ginga content i watched were those ms paint animations and movie-maker music videos. i finally watched gdw in 2018

i kept thinking that tesshin and kurotora/kagetora were related, i KNEW they werent but they looked so similar in the gdw anime to me that my brain mixed them up

for a little while i assumed koga dogs were a real breed

i imagine a lot of canon male characters as female because of the lack of female characters.

i never liked leafe :FLY:
rigel enjoyer
Arctic Ranger
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Arctic Ranger »

I think Kamakiri is a more interesting villain than Hougen is.

Which is pretty funny because I also think they're basically the same character. But what's the difference? One is the bigger and stronger dog, and makes the other one show a cowardly side, directly giving them an extra dimension that they themselves don't have or showcase (until the very end of the manga, maybe).

It's kinda ironic.
"Exceed the you from yesterday."
-Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin

Words to truly live by.
Findog
Potential
Potential

Post by Findog »

Thanks to Finnish dub, I thought that Madara was female and Gohee would be Daisuke's grandfather XD
Also that Riki died because his wounds opened, because censorship.
Ginga forever! <3
4townie
Mentor
Mentor

Post by 4townie »

I can't be the only one that believed Smith was a female at first
💜✨Ginga Board's #1 Matthew Lillard Simp✨💜
Tenrou24
Potential
Potential

Post by Tenrou24 »

Did a Last Wars reread. It wasn't....all bad, tbh. I think it started strong, fell apart in the middle and had a rushed ending. The middle was the worst bit, the ending being rushed is annoying but understandable, considering Japans work culture and the fact that Yoshi injured his drawing arm and never lets his assistants draw anything of worth. Probably gonna be my number 3, after GNG, GDW (until the end of the Monkey Arc) then Last Wars. Orion hasn't been fully translated yet soooo I can't put it anywhere, yet. Noah is at the bottom of the pile.
Ex-staff member of the now closed Silver Fang Fanhouse. If you want any old media from it, please send a pm.

DVT Survivor ♥

Typesetter for GDW Volumes 21-23 https://www.gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=4869

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”