G:TLW General Questions Topic

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Re: G:TLW General Questions Topic

Post by Wolpard »

Gingaddict wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:34 pm Does anyone have any theories to why Monsoon wanted to kill Gin if he was the one who saved him from John all those years ago?

I mean does Monsoon know that was Gin or is there more to it than that?
I dont recall him ever realizing exactly who Gin was, but considering Gin did kill his father I think he would care.

Also Gin was a lot older so he wasn't as recognizable, as opposed to Sirius who essentially looks the same but is still young like how Monsoon would have remembered Gin.
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Gingaddict wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:34 pm Does anyone have any theories to why Monsoon wanted to kill Gin if he was the one who saved him from John all those years ago?

Monsoon was never saved by Gin. You are thinking of the bear cubs Gin tried to save when he was a puppy. The bear cubs (including Monsoon) that were attacked by John were a different group.
Image Image
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Regnant wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:47 pm

Monsoon was never saved by Gin. You are thinking of the bear cubs Gin tried to save when he was a puppy. The bear cubs (including Monsoon) that were attacked by John were a different group.
Yes, he was. John almost caught Monsoon after killing his siblings and mother, but Gin stopped him.

Despite this, Monsoon wanted to kill Gin because he killed Akakabuto. It's said that he got flashbacks to Gin saving him when he saw Sirius, but not when seeing Gin or Weed, because "Sirius's eyes reminded him of young Gin's". afaik how he knew Gin was the dog who killed his father but couldn't remember he'd saved his life once (he recognizes him by his scars when looking for the main dog to kill, so he knows what he looks like) is never really explained. Also I'm pretty sure he never once really acknowledges the fact that Gin did save him aside from the couple flashbacks to him doing it, which occur in scenes that have nothing to do with Gin and only serve as an excuse for Monsoon not wanting to kill Sirius on sight like most dogs.

So basically, no good reason, just crappy writing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Digsu wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:40 pm
Regnant wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:47 pm

Yes, he was. John almost caught Monsoon after killing his siblings and mother, but Gin stopped him.

Despite this, Monsoon wanted to kill Gin because he killed Akakabuto. It's said that he got flashbacks to Gin saving him when he saw Sirius, but not when seeing Gin or Weed, because "Sirius's eyes reminded him of young Gin's". afaik how he knew Gin was the dog who killed his father but couldn't remember he'd saved his life once (he recognizes him by his scars when looking for the main dog to kill, so he knows what he looks like) is never really explained. Also I'm pretty sure he never once really acknowledges the fact that Gin did save him aside from the couple flashbacks to him doing it, which occur in scenes that have nothing to do with Gin and only serve as an excuse for Monsoon not wanting to kill Sirius on sight like most dogs.

So basically, no good reason, just crappy writing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oh whoops I must have missed that. I only recall that flashback in the first chapter, forgot it happened again.
Image Image
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

How did Musashi loose his eye?
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Kaiken wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:45 pm How did Musashi loose his eye?
Fighting Bozlef's soldiers in GDW. :bozlef:
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Shining Sirius wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:48 pm
Kaiken wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:45 pm How did Musashi loose his eye?
Fighting Bozlef's soldiers in GDW. :bozlef:
Thanks!
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Here's another - How did Orion get those scratches over his face? is that ever revealed or are they just there when he becomes an adult?
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

They just appeared, from the time gap between the end of GDWO and TLW.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

We can only guess he got them while training in the Akame mountains, and that they're here to showcase his still harsh nature in adulthood.
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

The young ninja dogs fought the Hybrid bear but I can't remember them fighting here, what happened?
icon by azzai
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Atha wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:24 pm The young ninja dogs fought the Hybrid bear but I can't remember them fighting here, what happened?
They just disappeared after the hybrid arc. They potentially died in the eruption, but the most likely answer is "Takahashi forgot".
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

YamaDora wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:34 pm
Atha wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:24 pm The young ninja dogs fought the Hybrid bear but I can't remember them fighting here, what happened?
They just disappeared after the hybrid arc. They potentially died in the eruption, but the most likely answer is "Takahashi forgot".
They were seen in GDWO, so they (or at least some of them) did survive the eruption.

Which admittedly only makes their sudden disappearance between GDWO and TLW even more noticeable. :tfw_bella1:

Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Digsu wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:58 pm
They were seen in GDWO, so they (or at least some of them) did survive the eruption.

Which admittedly only makes their sudden disappearance between GDWO and TLW even more noticeable. :tfw_bella1:
Yeah! I remember them when Masamune appears very late in GDWO raws, so I was wondering wtf happened and they aren't anywhere to be found to fight Monsopon's bears since they HAVE experience fighting bears with the Hybrid now...
icon by azzai
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Atha wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:20 pm
Digsu wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:58 pm

Yeah! I remember them when Masamune appears very late in GDWO raws, so I was wondering wtf happened and they aren't anywhere to be found to fight Monsopon's bears since they HAVE experience fighting bears with the Hybrid now...
Maybe they were between the first casualties of the ''last'' wars.
Favorites:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Okay I am concerned about the timeline between GDWO and GTLW. It’s been bothering me for quite a long time now.

Now over on Ginga Wiki, it says that TLW takes place 6 months after the ending to GDWO. GDWO ended at the beginning of Spring, right? So if TLW took place 6 months after that, the start of TLW would be at about September.

However, I remember catching something from Fanta’s Ginga Blog when I was reading Fanta’s TLW translations. So I went back in there and looked at it. In Chapter 138, it says that the TLW progress was in August. Now how does this make any sense if the start of TLW took place 6 months after the ending to GDWO? And in that same chapter, Gennai and others returned to Futago Pass after spending 2 months going after Sirius and Monsoon at Shirakami. That means it was back in about June.

So in my estimation, I think GTLW takes in about May or June after the ending to GDWO instead of 6 months after. So that‘s anywhere in about 2-3 months after GDWO’s ending. If the TLW progress was in August in Chapter 138, this idea right here would work better. It makes even more sense over on a later chapter when it says that the TLW progress was in late November or early December, if I recall correctly. Because Weed and other Ou soldiers needed almost 6 months to recover, right? And TLW ended in almost the beginning of Winter, right? That’s anywhere between late November or early December. Orion and his siblings and friends would still be about 1 year old at the start of TLW and about 1 1/2 years old at the ending.

But all of this is just my perspective. What do you guys think?
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

^ I don't believe it took place 6 months after GDWO. If that was the case, Orion and his siblings must have gone through one hell of a growth spurt. XD

In the beginning of TLW, it said that Orion and his siblings went to the Akame Mountains to train for a year, so TLW likely took place about 1 year after the events of GDWO. So that must mean TLW takes place in Spring the following year, which I think makes more sense chronologically.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

fantachan wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:09 am ^ I don't believe it took place 6 months after GDWO. If that was the case, Orion and his siblings must have gone through one hell of a growth spurt. XD

In the beginning of TLW, it said that Orion and his siblings went to the Akame Mountains to train for a year, so TLW likely took place about 1 year after the events of GDWO. So that must mean TLW takes place in Spring the following year, which I think makes more sense chronologically.
One year? I don’t think I have read that part yet, but one year?

Wait a minute...
*Looks at Orion’s page on Ginga Wiki*
It still says that Orion is about 1 year old at the beginning of TLW and about 1 1/2 years old at the ending. Same with his siblings and friends. It even says that Orion is about 2 years old at the beginning of GDN.

I’m not against your idea or anything, but if TLW took place 1 year over in the Spring after GDWO’s ending, Orion and his siblings and friends would be about 1 1/2 years old at the start and then about 2 1/2 years at the ending. Then Orion and his friends and remaining siblings would be 3 years old at GDN’s beginning.

But in your case of Orion and siblings being at the Akame Mountains with the intention to train for a year, I think they were going to do that for a year, but it got cut short in about 2-3 months after the news about Monsoon and his minions invading Ou Paradise.

Here’s this Wikipedia page to provide an evidence.
It’s under “Other Series.” And it also says that TLW took place 6 months after GDWO’s events, which I still don’t believe.

I’m sticking with my idea, but Yoshi made the timeline issue between GDWO and TLW so tough to analyze that I almost don’t know what to believe. :EMPTY:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Spirit Tree wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:06 am
fantachan wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:09 am ^ I don't believe it took place 6 months after GDWO. If that was the case, Orion and his siblings must have gone through one hell of a growth spurt. XD

Wait a minute...
It still says that Orion is about 1 year old at the beginning of TLW and about 1 1/2 years old at the ending. Same with his siblings and friends. It even says that Orion is about 2 years old at the beginning of GDN.

I’m not against your idea or anything, but if TLW took place 1 year over in the Spring after GDWO’s ending, Orion and his siblings and friends would be about 1 1/2 years old at the start and then about 2 1/2 years at the ending. Then Orion and his friends and remaining siblings would be 3 years old at GDN’s beginning.

But in your case of Orion and siblings being at the Akame Mountains with the intention to train for a year, I think they were going to do that for a year, but it got cut short in about 2-3 months after the news about Monsoon and his minions invading Ou Paradise.

It’s under “Other Series.” And it also says that TLW took place 6 months after GDWO’s events, which I still don’t believe.

I’m sticking with my idea, but Yoshi made the timeline issue between GDWO and TLW so tough to analyze that I almost don’t know what to believe. :EMPTY:
The Ginga Wikipedia tends to post inaccurate information, but I can guarantee you that it's been about 1 year after the events of GDWO. It was mentioned in the very first chapter in TLW. (I would know, I translated it...)

EDIT: Weird... It also says in the first volume that it's been half a year since the siblings have seen Yamabiko. Don't know if that counts towards the timeline or anything...
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

fantachan wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:26 am
Spirit Tree wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:06 am

Wait a minute...

The Ginga Wikipedia tends to post inaccurate information, but I can guarantee you that it's been about 1 year after the events of GDWO. It was mentioned in the very first chapter in TLW. (I would know, I translated it...)

EDIT: Weird... It also says in the first volume that it's been half a year since the siblings have seen Yamabiko. Don't know if that counts towards the timeline or anything...
Okay now I see them. I actually did read Volume 1 a long time ago. Just forgot about that part.

Narration says that Orion and siblings traveled to Akame Mountains to train for 1 year. Maybe they did intend to train for 1 year but got cut a few months short? And I just looked at Sirius’s quote on not seeing Yamabiko for half a year after seeing your edit.

Yeah, I don’t know. Like I said, the timeline between GDWO and TLW is tough to analyze because of that issue. I would like my original idea to be true, but like I said, it’s only my perspective. It’s up to you and others on what you choose.

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”